Community > Society and History

FOR TEH MENZ!

(1/12) > >>

Distind:
And anyone else really.

From my own teenage years I'm well aware there's a distinct lack of sane people on the internet to learn from and entire industries devoted to making sure you make the decisions that profit them the most, so I figure I'll open up to any random questions people have and post the odd bit of opinion on growing up to be something other than a fuck up in here. If you want to ask a question feel free to post it in the thread or PM me. If anyone else is up for answering questions on particular subjects chime in, there's plenty of life experience on these boards that's considerably divergent from my own.

I honestly don't have anything on hand at the moment, but that's mostly because I'm getting ready for work, odds are I'll have at least an opinion bit to post in here by the end of the week.

m52nickerson:
Tip one for the young guys of FSTDT.

Before you finish school, collage or high school, find the money and get yourself a proper suit.  Dark blue or gray, no other colors.  Pair with a white dress shirt, a conservative tie and proper dress shocks and shoes.

You will needs this!

Distind:

--- Quote from: m52nickerson on October 04, 2012, 08:33:38 pm ---Tip one for the young guys of FSTDT.

Before you finish school, collage or high school, find the money and get yourself a proper suit.  Dark blue or gray, no other colors.  Pair with a white dress shirt, a conservative tie and proper dress shocks and shoes.

You will needs this!

--- End quote ---
No matter how much you don't want to, nor how much of a doof you feel like walking into a casual office with a suit on. I tried the no-suit approach a few times, did not go well. I don't even look that good in a suit, but it's definitely expected.

Saturn500:
If she rejects you on the grounds that you're "too nice", what she really means is that she thinks you're a spineless doormat.

Witchyjoshy:
Be aware of the consequences of your actions as well as the consequences of your demeanor.  If you act caustic, don't expect people to particularly welcome your input.  On the other hand, if you act like a doormat, don't expect people to particularly value your input.  It's one thing to seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge, it's another to seek knowledge for the sake of "being right".

Also, don't be like me. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version