Community > Society and History

Shootings in Hanau, Germany

<< < (8/8)

davedan:

--- Quote from: Vanto on May 15, 2020, 09:38:30 pm ---Oh hey, I forgot about this thread. Time to fix that:

--- Quote from: davedan on March 22, 2020, 01:37:44 am ---Again why don't you list the number of school shootings in the US in the last 5 years. How many school shootings in Australia or the UK?

At how many of the school shootings did the school have armed guards? How many times did the armed guards kill or subdue the shooter? How many people died before they did so?

--- End quote ---

Let me answer your questions with my own questions.

Why are you so fixated on school shootings in particular? Why the last five years specifically? Do you really think a mass shooter would choose to attack a school with armed guards? If armed guards are so ineffective, why did your government let Jewish and Muslim schools hire them? Did you know that only 8 people died in American school shootings last year? Did you know that a single mass stabbing incident at a Chinese school last year equaled that death toll? Did you know that children are hundreds of times more likely to be murdered at home (usually by their own parents) than at school? Did you know that the deadliest school attack in American history was carried out with explosives?

Most important: are you here to seriously discuss this, or are you just trying to catch me in a “gotcha”?

Now, as for Skybison's points:

You're right to point out that people generally don't think of gang-related incidents when they hear the term "mass shooting". However, they're often counted as mass shootings in American crime statistics, so I think it's only fair to do the same when discussing other countries.

Oh, and your noting that Canada's overall gun homicide rates have been dropping since the 70s is proof that you don't need gun bans to reduce gun violence. Thank you for pointing that out.

--- End quote ---

Why are you afraid of answering my question?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version