Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1598830 times)

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #2715 on: August 08, 2013, 02:22:56 am »
I don't think I've ever heard of it.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2716 on: August 08, 2013, 03:26:55 am »
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #2717 on: August 08, 2013, 03:50:28 am »
Maybe, but for all of Bellefonte's faults, shying away from discussion of American brutality was usually not one of them. There was of course the stories about what settlers did to the Native Americans, & the bloodiness of the Civil War, but also I recall a lot of debates about internment camps & atomic bombs.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2718 on: August 08, 2013, 12:28:20 pm »
Spoilered for size:

(click to show/hide)

Props to the cartoonist for actually knowing about the Philippine–American War, arguably the most forgotten war in American history.

Y'know, I always preferred Lady Liberty over Uncle Sam. In my inner "U.S. symbolism & mythology", Lady Liberty represents Progressivism & all the good ideals this Nation was founded upon while Uncle Sam is the cheesy, jingoistic, rich-white-guy-ruled, Regressive realm of this Nation in reality. The two are an angry couple in a loveless marriage constantly bickering & in competition. One day, Liberty may win a fight and another day, Sam wins a fight.

Methinks Lady Liberty is mustering up the courage to file for divorce!

And I agree with the others about not knowing diddly about the war in the Philippines...and I'm a freakin' American!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2719 on: August 10, 2013, 03:37:17 am »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2720 on: August 12, 2013, 08:32:27 am »

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:07:04 am by Booker DeWitt »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2721 on: August 14, 2013, 09:38:50 pm »

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2722 on: August 14, 2013, 11:09:07 pm »
[snip]

Cue a bunch of anti-vaxxers whinging about smallpox already being on the decline prior to the introduction of vaccines*, and the usual cries of "Well, my friend's kid totally caught the measles after getting his shots, so obviously this single data point disproves everything". Oh, and don't forget to stir a little bit of "What's worse, chicken pox or autism?" into the shit stew.

* I have to bitch about this some more. You've awakened the beast within me.

Smallpox was becoming less frequent prior to vaccination due to improved hygiene (and possibly other factors); absolutely no one denies this (nor should they; hygiene plays an important role in preventing the spread of the disease). However, the trend of fewer cases became significantly more pronounced after the vaccine was introduced, and inoculations were a key component (along with coordinated efforts to identify and quarantine outbreaks and, yes, improved hygiene) in eradicating the illness. You can see this same pattern in charts of other diseases that are routinely vaccinated against -- a long, steady decrease in infections from the late 19th century up through the 20th century, followed by a quick, drastic decline, and an eventual near-elimination in some cases, as soon as the vaccine is introduced. Unsurprisingly, you can also see an increase in cases following anti-vaccination movements. Thanks, Jenny McCarthy!

And don't get me started on their complete lack of understanding of everything to do with effectiveness and risk involved in vaccines. I could rant all day about this.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:32:06 pm by Mlle Antéchrist »

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2723 on: August 14, 2013, 11:17:17 pm »
[snip]

Cue a bunch of anti-vaxxers whinging about polio and smallpox already being on the decline prior to the introduction of vaccines, and the usual cries of "Well, my friend's kid totally caught the measles after getting his shots, so obviously this single data point disproves everything". Oh, and don't forget to stir a little bit of "What's worse, chicken pox or autism?" into the shit stew.
If someone said that last one to me, I'd just reply "Chicken pox". Not because I believe it's worse, but because I love giving the answer that was so obviously wrong to rhetorical questions.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2724 on: August 14, 2013, 11:29:14 pm »
Someday, I'll have to invite you to come join me in arguing with anti-vaxxers. We can do our own version of Good Cop/Bad Cop, except we'll be Science Cop/Troll Cop.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2725 on: August 14, 2013, 11:41:11 pm »
Someday, I'll have to invite you to come join me in arguing with anti-vaxxers. We can do our own version of Good Cop/Bad Cop, except we'll be Science Cop/Troll Cop.

I like the way you think

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2726 on: August 14, 2013, 11:41:59 pm »
That'd be fun.

AV: Do you want children to die!?!??!?!?!
Me: Hmmmm. Doesn't sound too bad to me.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #2727 on: August 15, 2013, 12:54:00 am »
That'd be fun.

AV: Do you want children to die!?!??!?!?!
Me: Hmmmm. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Jonathan Swift claims they ought to taste like chicken and we DO have an overpopulation problem.....so....your move.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2728 on: August 15, 2013, 02:06:03 am »
[snip]

Cue a bunch of anti-vaxxers whinging about polio and smallpox already being on the decline prior to the introduction of vaccines, and the usual cries of "Well, my friend's kid totally caught the measles after getting his shots, so obviously this single data point disproves everything". Oh, and don't forget to stir a little bit of "What's worse, chicken pox or autism?" into the shit stew.
If someone said that last one to me, I'd just reply "Chicken pox". Not because I believe it's worse, but because I love giving the answer that was so obviously wrong to rhetorical questions.

I consider chicken pox the right answer to that question. Chicken pox, if you catch it too late in life, can be itself fatal. Autism is only fatal when other people are complete shitheads.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #2729 on: August 15, 2013, 02:35:18 am »
Also even if you are lucky and catch it early in life, chicken pox puts you at risk of shingles which I have heard is an agonizing disease which in about 1 in 5 cases causes severe lasting complications, and may be linked to increased risk of cancer.

chicken pox is not a joke.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.