Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 568002 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #465 on: February 17, 2012, 11:48:55 am »
I want a Derpy Hooves figure.

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #466 on: February 17, 2012, 12:43:45 pm »
I want a Derpy Hooves figure.
I want a pets pack. And Doctor Whooves. And Big Macintosh. And Discord. And Nightmare Moon. And Rarity clothing set with all her outfits from "Sweet and Elite". And Cutie Mark Crusaders stage set in full costume, with fully collapsing décor.

>_>

<_<

What?

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

deadpandoubter

« Reply #467 on: February 17, 2012, 04:43:42 pm »
I have a Rainbow Dash...now if only the stores around here would stock any other ponies I actually RECOGNIZE instead of this Fiddledeedoo Hooves or whatever the fuck these randomass ponies are.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #468 on: February 17, 2012, 04:49:14 pm »
I have a Rainbow Dash...now if only the stores around here would stock any other ponies I actually RECOGNIZE instead of this Fiddledeedoo Hooves or whatever the fuck these randomass ponies are.

They probably do. The more recognizable ponies simply sell much, much faster. It's kind of a given that your average little kid is going to buy a Twilight figure a lot quicker some random background pony. Even the more recognizable background characters like Derpy or Lyra are only really recognizable in the older "brony" crowd, which despite its size is still dwarfed considerably by the target audience of pre-teen girls who OMG PONIES.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #469 on: February 17, 2012, 05:49:08 pm »

Oh wow.  I just had an idea.  Fanfiction/fanart of the ponies that appear in toys that are perhaps less recognized.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

deadpandoubter

« Reply #470 on: February 17, 2012, 06:12:17 pm »

They probably do. The more recognizable ponies simply sell much, much faster. It's kind of a given that your average little kid is going to buy a Twilight figure a lot quicker some random background pony. Even the more recognizable background characters like Derpy or Lyra are only really recognizable in the older "brony" crowd, which despite its size is still dwarfed considerably by the target audience of pre-teen girls who OMG PONIES.

So what you're saying is, I need to stake out the joint and wait for the new shipments? Hmmmmm.

@B-Man: I have my doubts that these ponies are actual background ponies in teh show as opposed to random-ass, generated bullshit. :/

• The Beast
« Reply #471 on: February 17, 2012, 06:16:23 pm »
So what you're saying is, I need to stake out the joint and wait for the new shipments? Hmmmmm.

@B-Man: I have my doubts that these ponies are actual background ponies in teh show as opposed to random-ass, generated bullshit. :/

So?  How does that deny them from getting fanart or fanfiction?  I mean, background characters have had their stories fleshed out.  Why not these poor things?

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #472 on: February 17, 2012, 06:17:56 pm »

Or at the very least, ask an employee when they expect the next shipment of MLP merchandise. Since stocking shelves is a big part of the job, almost any employee in the proper department should be familiar with the schedule. And if not, a manager should be able to find the information.

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #473 on: February 18, 2012, 12:31:38 am »
I'll have you know Blossomforth has a wonderful personality... that I made up.

Because I do that.  :-\

Or at the very least, ask an employee when they expect the next shipment of MLP merchandise. Since stocking shelves is a big part of the job, almost any employee in the proper department should be familiar with the schedule. And if not, a manager should be able to find the information.
Heads up, Target stores only know what's coming on the next shipment. It allows for the Distribution Center, which decides what product to send, to respond to sudden sell-outs of certain products.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #474 on: February 18, 2012, 10:36:38 am »
<3

I have been waiting for that song for a while now, and it was great to see it in an episode. And we got about three or four other songs as a bonus. =3

Also, I would totally buy a '80s Jazzercise Pinkie Pie. I would buy one of it. Because, really, why would I need more, from a display point of view?

Pinkie is so huggable, and never moreso than this episode. I want so badly for her to be real so we can be friends. >w>
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #475 on: February 18, 2012, 10:40:51 am »
<3

I have been waiting for that song for a while now, and it was great to see it in an episode. And we got about three or four other songs as a bonus. =3

Also, I would totally buy a '80s Jazzercise Pinkie Pie. I would buy one of it. Because, really, why would I need more, from a display point of view?

Pinkie is so huggable, and never moreso than this episode. I want so badly for her to be real so we can be friends. >w>

Ditto. This episode is another reason why I LOVE Pinkie Pie, and she's the BEST PONY!! Also did anyone catch Derpy in the snowglobe??

• The Beast
« Reply #476 on: February 18, 2012, 11:02:36 am »
<3

Ditto. This episode is another reason why I LOVE Pinkie Pie, and she's the BEST PONY!! Also did anyone catch Derpy in the snowglobe??

I caught Derpy with my eyes as well.  She was flying upside down as I recall.

I have to say that it was neat to see Pinkie redeem herself through her freakish memory - Chekov's skill?  Honestly though, I shared Twilight's sentiment more than a little.

Also, Rainbow Dash was in the library reading the Griffin's Goblet.  She was about halfway done.  Yay continuity nods! :D

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #477 on: February 18, 2012, 11:08:57 am »
I caught Derpy with my eyes as well.  She was flying upside down as I recall.

I have to say that it was neat to see Pinkie redeem herself through her freakish memory - Chekov's skill?  Honestly though, I shared Twilight's sentiment more than a little.

Also, Rainbow Dash was in the library reading the Griffin's Goblet.  She was about halfway done.  Yay continuity nods! :D

I saw that too with Rainbow Dash. I'm kind of shocked I spotted Derpy right away this time around, I'm usually the last one to spot her.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #478 on: February 18, 2012, 12:02:04 pm »
The moral of today's episode: If you're painfully annoying for long enough, people will become your friend.

• The Beast
« Reply #479 on: February 18, 2012, 12:08:33 pm »
The moral of today's episode: If you're painfully annoying for long enough, people will become your friend.

Oh, you.  That wasn't the Aesop at all. XD  Speaking of the Aesop, nobody can bitch about Celestia not getting letters anymore.  It was voiced over, but dammit, it was a letter!

Also, I finally caught the cold opening and bit after that I missed because of sleeping to 9:04 today. XD