Author Topic: WBC plans to picket Robin Williams funeral  (Read 22807 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: WBC plans to picket Robin Williams funeral
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2014, 10:01:21 pm »
Why the hell are we discussing this in a thread about the WBC?

'Cause fuck WBC, that's why.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2014, 10:03:11 pm »
POTTER'D OUT OF FREAKING NOWHERE.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2014, 10:21:16 pm »
But if they want to go to Iraq and a comedian offered to fly them, would you listen?

http://www.advocate.com/politics/media/2014/08/22/westboro-baptist-church-says-it-will-go-iraq-protest-isis

http://gawker.com/westboro-baptist-church-accepts-comedians-offer-of-free-1625474509

Oh, by the way, THEY ACCEPTED. I just hope they don't take their kids with them. I don't like seeing the young get killed because their elders were idiots.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2014, 11:08:35 pm »
If the comedian can't actually fund it, I vote we start a kickstarter to send WBC to Iraq. I wanna see that shit happen.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Art Vandelay

« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2014, 11:13:25 pm »
Gotta love Adam Hills. That guy is a fucking legend.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2014, 11:46:54 pm »
But if they want to go to Iraq and a comedian offered to fly them, would you listen?

http://www.advocate.com/politics/media/2014/08/22/westboro-baptist-church-says-it-will-go-iraq-protest-isis

http://gawker.com/westboro-baptist-church-accepts-comedians-offer-of-free-1625474509

Oh, by the way, THEY ACCEPTED. I just hope they don't take their kids with them. I don't like seeing the young get killed because their elders were idiots.

I hope they follow through and don't back out at the last minute with the excuse of "God gave us a message not to go" B.S.  If you noticed early on in their protests, they would protest in towns and neighborhoods where the crime rates were low.  Nowadays, thanks to their notoriety, they don't protest much if at all because of personal safety issues out weighing the potential to sue someone.

If the comedian can't actually fund it, I vote we start a kickstarter to send WBC to Iraq. I wanna see that shit happen.

I give my yes vote.  If it does actually start, let me know.  I have military buddies who also have military buddies who wouldn't hesitate to donate.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:55:20 pm by Kat S. »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2014, 01:31:56 am »
I will watch the beheading video of WBC members over...and over...and over...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2014, 02:36:16 am »
I don't really see the point in letting them get killed, even if it's due to their own obstinance.

Even their lives are a bit more valuable than a little self-satisfaction.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2014, 02:40:49 am »
Better they die in obscurity than as martyrs.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2014, 02:58:49 am »
There's also that, yes.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2014, 03:04:04 am »
That's entirely your own subjective opinion.

In any case, I strongly doubt anything will actually come of this. Assuming they even make it to Iraq and this isn't all a load of empty dick waving, I'll bet my favourite testicle that they'll only protest in maximum security areas where no one can lay a finger on them. No way do they have the balls to do anything where ISIS can actually take a shot at them.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2014, 04:18:45 am »
That's entirely your own subjective opinion.

Generally speaking, when "a little self satisfaction" starts becoming more valuable than another human being's life, that's cause for alarm.  Even if it's the WBC.

That and being annoying and saying hateful things aren't worth capital punishment.

But that's just my opinion.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2014, 09:28:40 am »
I also don't really want anything bad happening to them either, but since they said they accepted the challenge, they should follow through.  After all, they claim God is on their side and that they are the chosen people.

I agree with you, Art.  I'm still skeptical that they will actually follow through.  This latest act they are doing is still nothing more than shameless attention whoring to stay in the spotlight.

I would find it as karma of sorts that they go to a place where they were glad service members were going and where some were killed because supposedly God is punishing us for being more tolerant of homosexuality.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2014, 11:40:08 am »
The question is: is this "magic in the air" due to active (kids and instructors using magic) and passive (wards) magic use, or some inherent magic in the location itself?  If its the former, then it would stand to reason that places like Diagon Alley would have a similar, if reduced, effect due to the number of wards around the area keeping it from the view and access of muggles, and due to shopkeeps (like Fred and George) using spells to enchant various goods.  If its the latter, then what is it that makes the school special, and not some place like Diagon Alley?

The only explanation I can think of that would work in conjunction with the second hypothesis is that Hogwarts was constructed on or near a natural wellspring of raw magical energy.  Channeled and focused magic wouldn't disrupt muggle electronics, unless specifically designed to do so, because the intent changes the properties of the raw magical energy, turning it into a form that is, if nothing else, less likely to cause electromagnetic interference.  However, the raw arcane power, since its more chaotic and variable in nature, would have a more pronounced effect on devices relying on electromagnetism, like cell phones.

So, the main idea of what keeps Hogwarts anti-electronic is either wards or ley lines/nodes?

Given that it was surrounded by a protective bubble, I'm willing to bet the former primarily. Plus, we're never told about whether Diagon Alley has similar protections (or if it is in a pocket dimension, which I'm willing to bet) or not.

Actually, I kinda like that idea for places like Diagon Alley, the Ministry, and St. Mungo's.  It turns a bland "a mage did it" into a really nice bit of Time Lord-esque dimensional engineering.

Because they've been discussed to death and are now boring.  I also don't like the idea of potentially legitimizing them by treating them as an actual topic of conversation outside derision and ridicule.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2014, 05:25:29 pm »
The question is: is this "magic in the air" due to active (kids and instructors using magic) and passive (wards) magic use, or some inherent magic in the location itself?  If its the former, then it would stand to reason that places like Diagon Alley would have a similar, if reduced, effect due to the number of wards around the area keeping it from the view and access of muggles, and due to shopkeeps (like Fred and George) using spells to enchant various goods.  If its the latter, then what is it that makes the school special, and not some place like Diagon Alley?

The only explanation I can think of that would work in conjunction with the second hypothesis is that Hogwarts was constructed on or near a natural wellspring of raw magical energy.  Channeled and focused magic wouldn't disrupt muggle electronics, unless specifically designed to do so, because the intent changes the properties of the raw magical energy, turning it into a form that is, if nothing else, less likely to cause electromagnetic interference.  However, the raw arcane power, since its more chaotic and variable in nature, would have a more pronounced effect on devices relying on electromagnetism, like cell phones.

So, the main idea of what keeps Hogwarts anti-electronic is either wards or ley lines/nodes?

Given that it was surrounded by a protective bubble, I'm willing to bet the former primarily. Plus, we're never told about whether Diagon Alley has similar protections (or if it is in a pocket dimension, which I'm willing to bet) or not.

Actually, I kinda like that idea for places like Diagon Alley, the Ministry, and St. Mungo's.  It turns a bland "a mage did it" into a really nice bit of Time Lord-esque dimensional engineering.

Because they've been discussed to death and are now boring.  I also don't like the idea of potentially legitimizing them by treating them as an actual topic of conversation outside derision and ridicule.

So discussing the underlying reasons for why they're fucked up, the girl that Fred Jr. dated's fate and things like that aren't a legitimate topic for discussion?
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.