Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 273178 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #735 on: February 08, 2017, 07:18:21 am »
Or the third ereichtion, if you will.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #736 on: February 08, 2017, 07:39:18 am »
Damn, we need a like button...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #737 on: February 12, 2017, 06:56:02 am »

...Somehow my sheer astonishment at the gall this guy has manages to outdo the sheer creepiness that comes from him. I would report him to Blizzard and block him from any and all contact because obviously, but I also feel like he should be frozen in cryosleep and placed into a museum as an example of how entitled, creepy and arrogant humans can become.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #738 on: February 12, 2017, 08:38:52 am »
I think he expects all Mercy players to be healsluts.  Considering how sizeable their group is, I'd not be surprised.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #739 on: February 12, 2017, 09:29:22 am »
Wow, how is that guy not already taken?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #740 on: February 12, 2017, 12:06:56 pm »
Buffalo Bill called. He says you're freaking him out.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #741 on: February 12, 2017, 03:49:41 pm »
I've seen that bouncing around on tumblr and yeah it's just super creepy.

Ironbite-hope he got reported and banned from human contact.

pyro

« Reply #742 on: February 12, 2017, 10:25:43 pm »
I think I finally saw someone that outdoes Literal Motherfucker. I should probably be starting at a wall in shock...

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #743 on: February 12, 2017, 10:28:40 pm »

...Somehow my sheer astonishment at the gall this guy has manages to outdo the sheer creepiness that comes from him. I would report him to Blizzard and block him from any and all contact because obviously, but I also feel like he should be frozen in cryosleep and placed into a museum as an example of how entitled, creepy and arrogant humans can become.
A sad reality of having a little sister who's trying on the whole internet dating thing is understanding from her field reports that this dude isn't in the minority.

She relates that shirtless dudes (Putin style) are common and a sizable minority of these like being photographed with their guns. Some of the blokes with guns have them pointed at the camera.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #744 on: February 13, 2017, 10:21:36 am »
Oh wow, it has been a while since I last saw people defending the Legion from Fallout New Vegas but after getting more active on Reddit they sure do seem common in the Fallout fandom:

Caesar isn't evil, he's entirely justified. Under his harsh hand the 4 states commonwealth was recivilized, rehumanized and reordered. Mutants and beasts and all crime was expunged and for the first time in three centuries humanity is on the rise again to reclaim it's rightful place. You don't understand that you couldn't walk down a road without being raped and eaten by raiders of monsters in the 4 states, you hardly understand the desire for order and stability as you live in it today, those people for 3 centuries had no order or peace or stability or any progress beyond the slow and steady decline from prominence before the war to being devoured by the world.

Oh no people died in a war, oh no how awful how terrible. People always die at wars and they always suffer. Caesar has been from the begging very clear, he will break all the little pots in order to make a new one and orderly one and a peaceful one.

Slaves suffer and reclaim the land, the Legion destroys all dangers to the people. The land is reclaimed and pacified and the people can survive in peace and harmony as long as taxes flow and law is observed. It's not the best life but it's better than another 3 centuries of perpetual suffering. Heck even his policy on women makes sense, the only way for humanity is to reclaim the world is by the two horns, the Womb and the sword. Women being so few and population so low they will never reclaim the world as such, but with mothers having dozens of children and their sons going to fight you see an explosion of humanity to dominate all other life.

Lol what a bunch of emotional babble, power is a good thing to wrap your hands around and harness if you are strong enough to do so, you should desire it if you want.

and

You are the emotional babble dude.

Wahh no one should like power or being in charge of anything larger than themselves. No one should desire anything greater than dirt

One ruler states are achievable, Caesar is achieving one right now, Hell Arradash and Tandi ruled the NCR as one family ruling over it's domain for 70 years.

Killing to reclaim a state is very just and a very appropriate thing to do. Caesar reclaims the land for the human race against all mutants and monsters.

For being so civilized and such even look at the Mojave, you have it's main artery cut by deathclaws and no one can spare anyone to deal with the problem. You have the western route clogged with beasts and tribal raider and in the east you have even more beasts and raiders endangering the simple idea of walking down the road.

You have whole neighborhoods stealing water in order to survive and to scratch out when they have tons of freshwater.

Meanwhile I still think that the Legion is on the cartoon villain level of evil where they are so damn proud of genocide, slavery, luddism and torture they do and their entire existence is unsustainable so I don't get how someone can think that they are the good guys or even competent.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #745 on: February 13, 2017, 10:36:26 am »
I have my misgivings when it comes to democracy, but even I know the NCR has a better chance of actually making the Mojave livable.  Hell, House himself said that the Legion was inevitably going to rip itself apart, either when Caesar dies of his health issues or when one of his generals kills him in a coup.  The Legion follows Caesar, not his ideals; again, this is explicitly spelled the hell out either by Marcus (read, the most intelligent person in the god damned wasteland) or Arcade Gannon (who is the child of a technologically advanced Legion), methinks.  Combine that with the fact that the savages barely wear actual armour or use real weapons, and there's no way they'd stand a chance against the NCR, which has access to power armour, actual weapons (read guns and directed-energy weapons), and oh, have the power of fucking flight.  The Legion is a group of barely-literate savages guided by megalomaniacal lunatic obsessed with ancient Rome.  Its basically a group of retards being led by a particularly well-spoken LARPer.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #746 on: February 13, 2017, 12:15:09 pm »
Personally, I think House is by far the best choice. Yes Man just throws everything back to immediate post-war anarchy (for absolutely no benefit to the Courier, no less). The Legion would at least bring peace and stability in the short term, all while destroying pretty much all of the pre-war tech and infrastructure that House managed to preserve before collapsing or at the very least fragmenting after Sallow is gone (either via coup or death by brain tumour). The NCR, while a clear 2nd best, are corrupt, bloated and spread way too thin. They can't even keep their core territories free of raiders, much less bring civilisation to their more unruly frontier provinces. Meanwhile, House has more access to and knowledge of pre-war tech than any faction in the wasteland, save perhaps the Enclave, as well as the means and the intention of actually using it to uplift the rest of humanity all the way up to pre-war society, as opposed to hoarding it for the sake of hoarding it, or using it to wipe out almost all sentient life.

If you ask me, the choice is very clear.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #747 on: February 13, 2017, 01:09:56 pm »
House is cruel and will wipe out factions that annoy him. Like turning on the Kings if they made a truce with the NCR.

Yes Man is the most flexible as it depends on what the player has done. It is potentially the best one if the Courier has made friends out of all the minor factions and does not mean that Vegas can't ally itself with the NCR.

But yeah, NCR has the good and bad sides of a democracy including the corruption and inefficiency of the bureaucracy but they are still a lot better than the Legion.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #748 on: February 13, 2017, 01:51:00 pm »
The Legion is as I remember in a video about them "A bunch of Raiders who like to play dress up." Caesar likes to think he's living up to the ideals of Rome and all it's glory, but he's not. He's Rome right before it fell due to all the fruits of its conquests coming down upon itself. When Caesar dies and Legate Lanius becomes the new ruler (cause that will eventually happen) the Legion will tear itself apart; whether it be from the massive power vacuum that Caesar leaves behind, Lanius being shit at running anything more simple than an army.

That's not also not taking into account that even if they did win the Second Battle of Hoover Dam, they will lose in the long run, The Legion: Slow to adopt tech, rather brutal and slave loving and probably not quick to adapt it's tactics, vs the NCR: Massive advantage in tech, access to air power, more flexibility in tactics that the Legion. Hell it's implied that two Brotherhood of Steel groups are racing their way up to Californian, The Midwest Brotherhood would wipe the Legion off the map, and so would the East Coast Brotherhood.

TLDR: The Legion is fucked no matter what, and I'm glad that the slave happy son's of bitches are the bad guys.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #749 on: February 13, 2017, 03:04:45 pm »
Just asking, are there Shin Megami Tensei Law Faction apologists? I mean, since there are people arguing that the Legion and Caesar are justified...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer