Author Topic: Pregnant woman charged with manslaughter for being shot  (Read 2809 times)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
Pregnant woman charged with manslaughter for being shot
« on: June 28, 2019, 02:09:08 am »
So in the state of Alabama there was a horrible case of infanticide.  Five months pregnant Marshae Jones got into an altercation with another woman named Ebony Jemison.  I can't find the details but Ebony ended up shooting Marshae in the stomach five times, causing her to miscarry.  Under Alabama's fetal homicide laws, this counts as manslaughter.  At first the police charged Ebony with manslaughter, but the grand jury let her off, concluding that under Alabama's Stand Your Ground laws she was acting in self defense.

So instead Marshae is being charged with manslaughter, since she murdered her baby by getting shot.  Local police said that Marshae was to blame in “initiated and pressed the fight,” and not removing herself from the situation earlier.  “Let’s not lose sight that the unborn baby is the victim here.  She had no choice in being brought unnecessarily into a fight where she was relying on her mother for protection.” said Pleasant Grove Police Lt. Danny Reid.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2019/6/27/18761652/marshae-jones-alabama-misscarriage-shooting-indictment

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Pregnant woman charged with manslaughter for being shot
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 05:23:55 am »
Bunch of inbreds tying themselves into knots over their disgusting inbred obsession with unborn babies.

"MURR HURR HURR HURR DA UBBORN BUHHBIES!!"
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 09:54:54 am »
And Alabama's new draconian anti-abortion law gets its first major test.

Ironbite-let's see if it holds up.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 02:55:49 pm »
This is like something you'd see in a parody.
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 04:50:44 pm »

Yeah, a very dark one. On the other hand I would like to see how this plays out though as I am wondering if this might be the clincher for the higher courts to look at this draconian language and rule on it. I honestly don't think that there should be any law on accidental fetus death as well. I am curious as to what the courts will say and how they would rule on it.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 04:53:24 pm »
"We are going to charge you with manslaughter because you didn't put God's pure newborns before your hideous sinful self. Disgusting human!" -The Police in this case.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 06:19:08 pm »
Next up: woman gets nausea due to pregnancy, falls down stairs while nauseated and miscarries, charged with murder.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 07:52:00 am »

Yeah, a very dark one. On the other hand I would like to see how this plays out though as I am wondering if this might be the clincher for the higher courts to look at this draconian language and rule on it. I honestly don't think that there should be any law on accidental fetus death as well. I am curious as to what the courts will say and how they would rule on it.

Good thing Trump got Kavanaugh and Gorsuch on the Court, rather than Garland and Kennedy. Oh, wait...
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 05:12:54 pm »

Good thing Trump got Kavanaugh and Gorsuch on the Court, rather than Garland and Kennedy. Oh, wait...

Ugh yeah. Just read something last night that Clarence Thomas is thinking about retiring, which will leave a seat open for Trump to fill if he gets reelected. Then there is Ginsburg who could keel over at any moment now. I am actually kinda getting worried about this, I am hoping that we will get a Dem in office this time. I'm partial to Sanders and Buttigeig but I will vote any Dem in, I think it's important that we do that.

If I wasn't as poor as I was right now, I would be making plans to immigrate to Canada.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 12:32:42 am »
Must resist Schadenfreude....

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 01:26:11 am »
Just read something last night that Clarence Thomas is thinking about retiring, which will leave a seat open for Trump to fill if he gets reelected.

FAR more likely if Thomas decides to retire, he does so before the election so McConnell can ram another far-right justice through.  McConnell has already said if another seat opens up he'll be helping Trump to fill it, because that magic rule he made up to prevent Merrick Garland from being seated only exists when the President is a Dem.

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 04:19:03 pm »
You...you guys do know that Thomas is part of the Conservative Majority right?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 06:02:59 pm »
But that is why he will resign to ensure a younger conservative is put in rather than risking a democratic appointment in 2021

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 09:37:21 pm »
But that is why he will resign to ensure a younger conservative is put in rather than risking a democratic appointment in 2021

Exactly. And it would allow Collins to vote against his replacement to burnish her "moderate" credentials and try to make people forget about Kavanaugh in advance of 2020.

This is why I said McConnell got exactly what he wanted in 2018: an expanded Senate majority that lets Collins and Murkowski vote against judicial appointments if necessary. As he pointed out, legislation can be repealed, but removing judges is nigh-impossible.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2019, 04:31:48 am »
Here's what the Majority Report think about the likelihood of Clarence Thomas resigning:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeWR2lDLdYc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeWR2lDLdYc</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeWR2lDLdYc