Author Topic: Just a reminder it's legal for companies to pay the disabled below minimum wage.  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
Welp. Definitely not donating to Goodwill anymore.

Is there any way to tell if a nonprofit organization operates on Section 14C rules? Because if not, I tend to take a "better safe than sorry" approach and not donate to any nonprofits.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
Oh, I love the defenses that are being used for this.

"It isn't about the pay, it's about the joy of working"
"Why should we pay the same for a cripple when an able-bodied person can do the same"
"It is about giving meaning to those less fortunate"
"We strive to only help them, we're non-profit after all"
"Why should I lose part of my six figure salary to help the people the organization was made to affect"

Seriously, burn them all down.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
I'm hoping awareness towards this kind of bulls got will increase.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Where's Ted Kennedy when you need him?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
You should see what the top level Goodwill execs earn. Obscene.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
But let's consider this from a practical standpoint.  If you can't take advantage of the handicapped -- and children, of course -- of whom can you take advantage?
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Just do it like we do in Finland and exploit the unemployed.

Set up some "courses" that are supposed to help the unemployed find a job and have the goverment pay them 10$ per day "for expenses" for work. The company is naturally not paying anything for this workforce. The unemployed prove that they are actively seeking a job and improving their skills and if they refuse they lose all their benefits.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Just do it like we do in Finland and exploit the unemployed.

Set up some "courses" that are supposed to help the unemployed find a job and have the goverment pay them 10$ per day "for expenses" for work. The company is naturally not paying anything for this workforce. The unemployed prove that they are actively seeking a job and improving their skills and if they refuse they lose all their benefits.
Well, I suppose at least there's some outrage over it, and because Finland isn't an oligarchy like us I'm hoping there'll be some change.