Author Topic: Starbucks tells homophobic investors to stick it  (Read 10302 times)

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
Re: Starbucks tells homophobic investors to stick it
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 11:09:13 pm »
I can't stand coffee. Tea, now that's a civilized drink.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 11:20:21 pm »

I can stand neither coffee nor caffeinated tea. Herbal tea--now that I like. (Camomile specifically.)

And yes, cold coffee beverages are good in the summer. The Tim Hortons out here tends to run out of stuff to make iced mochas and whatnot very quickly when the temperature hits 35-36.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 11:25:59 pm »

I like iced tea, but not with any sugar or milk.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 12:50:49 am »
OK, guys, I have a plan to defeat the anti-gay marriage movement once and for all:

1. Get the homophobes to boycott any and all gay-friendly businesses.
2. Get the other coffee companies to stand with Starbucks.
3. Watch as NOM ceases to function in the absence of coffee.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 01:53:42 am »
No it is a matter of Americans not knowing coffee from arse.

More a matter of people not realizing that taste is subjective and that what one person calls "awesome" another person calls "shit", and what one person calls "shit" another calls "awesome."  I see it all the time with beer.

I'm betting there are people in the world who think your "awesome Australian coffee" tastes like vomited up diarrhea.

No this isn't subjective American drip coffee is arse. Objectively. Australian coffee by and large is high quality espresso and excellent. The opposite of Arse. If you like coffee, at all, you like our coffee. Americans who like coffee come here and leave converted to non- Arse tasting coffee.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 01:57:03 am »
No this isn't subjective

Wrong.

Pretty much everything related to food and beverages is subjective.  Some people think lobster is delicious.  I found it to be bland and boring.  And yes, I ate "good" lobster.

All taste is subjective.  Denial of such a fact is automatic qualification for hipster status.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 01:59:47 am by Magus Silveresti »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline That Guy

• Bishop
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 02:04:27 am »
I don't like coffee at all.
Do I win anything?

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 02:21:08 am »
No this isn't subjective American drip coffee is arse. Objectively. Australian coffee by and large is high quality espresso and excellent. The opposite of Arse. If you like coffee, at all, you like our coffee. Americans who like coffee come here and leave converted to non- Arse tasting coffee.
Seriously, dude, just... stop. You're making an ass of yourself.

Enjoyment, of anything, is entirely, 100% subjective. There is not a single thing on this planet that every human being enjoys.

Hard as it may be for you to believe, there are plenty of people who enjoy American-style coffee. Almost certainly more in the US alone than the entire population of Australia. And, for every person who loves Australian coffee, there will be another who hates it. Australians do not have some magical coffee powers. They do not make coffee shops on foundations forged of mythical Baristanite.

For fuck's sake, it's just coffee. Stop acting like a douchecock about it.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 03:52:18 am »
/FauxNoiseAnchorMode/

And we have Coffeegate!

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2013, 04:45:39 am »
For whatever reason Vancouver coffee is pretty good. I cannot speak for American coffee.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Art Vandelay

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2013, 05:15:56 am »
No this isn't subjective

Wrong.

Pretty much everything related to food and beverages is subjective.  Some people think lobster is delicious.  I found it to be bland and boring.  And yes, I ate "good" lobster.

All taste is subjective.  Denial of such a fact is automatic qualification for hipster status.
Seriously, dude, just... stop. You're making an ass of yourself.

Enjoyment, of anything, is entirely, 100% subjective. There is not a single thing on this planet that every human being enjoys.

Hard as it may be for you to believe, there are plenty of people who enjoy American-style coffee. Almost certainly more in the US alone than the entire population of Australia. And, for every person who loves Australian coffee, there will be another who hates it. Australians do not have some magical coffee powers. They do not make coffee shops on foundations forged of mythical Baristanite.

For fuck's sake, it's just coffee. Stop acting like a douchecock about it.

Well folks, there's this thing known as "taking the piss"...

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 06:22:39 am »

There's also this thing called "Making statements that piss people off and then trying to backpedal out of it by claiming that you were joking or taking the piss."

But I suppose an Australian would never do such a thing :P
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 07:00:52 am »

There's also this thing called "Making statements that piss people off and then trying to backpedal out of it by claiming that you were joking or taking the piss."

But I suppose an Australian would never do such a thing :P

You can backpedal on someone else's behalf? I didn't know that was a thing.

In any case, his initial statement very much read as tongue-in-cheek to me. I suppose that's just me, though.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 09:59:54 am »
I read it as tongue-in-cheek. Plus it's davedan, the cracker.

Anyway, I've never liked coffee, tea, or anything similar. They're all ass-y to me.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 10:09:24 am »
Australian coffee by and large is high quality espresso and excellent. The opposite of Arse.

Espresso, if memory serves, is Italian for "I left the coffee pot on all night and burnt the everloving hell out of the coffee again. I bet we can charge tourists a small fortune for it, though." Although, having tasted Fosters and Vegomite, I can understand why Australians would like burnt coffee. It gets the other tastes out of your mouths.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.