Author Topic: Rule talk  (Read 68965 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Rule talk
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2019, 08:54:49 pm »
Man it sure is nice to have someone dumb on ignore right guys?

What's the point of putting me on ignore if you're not gonna, you know, actually ignore me?

Mods, you haven't answered my direct question yet. Where are you? TBH, this is kinda starting to tick me off.

I'd like to think you have reasons for things being the way they are I can at least understand. Really, I would. But the longer you maintain radio silence, the harder it is for me to believe that. Like I said, I'm willing to listen if you're willing to talk, and I think a conversation about the rules and their enforcement among the staff and users is necessary.

You seem to be the only user who wants to talk about the enforcement of the rules. So I guess the question is are there any rules which you consider should be changed or clarified?

I suspect you want to talk about the 'Don't be a dick rule'.

Now that rule has always been coloured by a rather subjective approach, having said that, I'm not sure you want that rule enforced rigidly.

~ davedan ~ suck my salty balls cracker.

Are you sure it's not you who doesn't want that?

Everyone finds you hilarious over on the Discord, Chaos Undivided. Let that be a little hint. The mods are actively ignoring you, they do not honestly care about your discussion about the rules and their enforcement.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Am I sure I don't want what? Also you haven't gotten any response from the Mods so, what do you want to see to see if they are actively ignoring you?

Have you been replaced by Ravy's robot?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2019, 08:58:30 pm »
God he's adorable.

Ironbite-in a drowning man kind of way.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2019, 01:15:00 am »

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2019, 01:31:41 am »
Oh, act your age. ;)
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2019, 03:57:52 am »
Please do not connect him to seals.

I love those adorable things. In fact, if he's not willing to take an answer, let's turn this thread into "Adorable Seal Pics and Gifs" thread.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2019, 05:56:20 am »
This is now the sea lion thread where we shall discuss the greatness of our acquatic mammalian brethren. Did you know they can dive down 600 feet? They can also stay submerged for forty minutes. They swim at 10 mph, though can swim at 25 if threatened by they main predators sharks or killer whales. They are also very nimble underwater and will swim around and through icebergs to hide from and escape predators until said predators lose interest and move on.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2019, 10:49:48 am »
Hey it's Friday and not a single mod has popped up!

Ironbite-is he gonna leave now?

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2019, 11:17:55 am »
^Of course not.  Male Sea Lions try to take control of territory they want and drive away any rivals they see, it how they reproduce.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2019, 12:07:54 pm »
It is why the males are called bulls and the females cows.

Speaking of, there is a lot of bullshit in this thread.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2019, 05:39:49 pm »
Mods, you haven't answered my direct question yet. Where are you? TBH, this is kinda starting to tick me off.

I missed it, apologies.

If you mean this one:

Oh look, more unsubstantiated, unfalsifiable claims that I'm actually a ban-dodging former user. Direct question to the mods: why is this shit allowed? Like, if these people had any actual evidence, they'd have presented it by now.

then the reason 'this shit' is allowed is that the forum does have a pattern of ban dodgers who have been detected first via circumstantial evidence. It seems rather unreasonable to say nobody is allowed to suggest that someone might be a former user dodging a ban, when that has absolutely happened before.

I'd like to think you have reasons for things being the way they are I can at least understand. Really, I would. But the longer you maintain radio silence, the harder it is for me to believe that. Like I said, I'm willing to listen if you're willing to talk, and I think a conversation about the rules and their enforcement among the staff and users is necessary.

I disagree, I think my opinion that I don't think that conversation would be productive has been clearly stated, and I don't intend to answer requests to that effect. I believe this is what you are interpreting as 'radio silence'.

I will, of course, continue to answer direct questions, as per the rules. Once again apologies for missing yours.
Σא

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2019, 05:48:23 pm »
The thing is, and this is probably gonna label me as nuts, the "rules" around here aren't really hard and fast "rules" per se.  Cept for Direct Question and Don't Be a Dick, there's really not that many rules that are adhered to.  Or, as a wiser man put it...

Ironbite-which I think Chaos Dumbass hasn't quite grasped yet.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2019, 06:33:37 pm »
The thing is, and this is probably gonna label me as nuts, the "rules" around here aren't really hard and fast "rules" per se.  Cept for Direct Question and Don't Be a Dick, there's really not that many rules that are adhered to.  Or, as a wiser man put it...

Not quite accurate. There are plenty of rules that are very much 'hard and fast', like not posting content that breaks the law or no sock-puppets. There's a whole section of the rules I called "The Serious Stuff" for a reason.

Other rules can't really be that hard and fast, being open to interpretation. Which is why the 'Don't be a dick' section has the disclaimer it has:

Don't be a dick: Guidelines to make sure we don't piss each other off too much. You might be given a pass for breaking these, depending on context. Note: The list is not exhaustive, try to be guided by the general spirit rather than specific rules alone.
Σא

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2019, 01:00:54 am »
Oh look, more unsubstantiated, unfalsifiable claims that I'm actually a ban-dodging former user. Direct question to the mods: why is this shit allowed? Like, if these people had any actual evidence, they'd have presented it by now.

then the reason 'this shit' is allowed is that the forum does have a pattern of ban dodgers who have been detected first via circumstantial evidence. It seems rather unreasonable to say nobody is allowed to suggest that someone might be a former user dodging a ban, when that has absolutely happened before.

But this this is just like McCarthyism! His hurt feelings are equivalent to people's lives being destroyed! Actual real world consequences are irrelevant, because abstract ideas and superficial similarities!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2019, 03:21:37 am »
And me saying the rules are not going be followed absolutely is TEH EXACT SAEM as Southern Politicians and Jim Crow.

BECAUSE SUPERFICIAL SIMILARITIES MATTER!!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2019, 05:46:42 am »
Damn, Chaos you're obsessed. This site is not a nation state and it's rules are not formal laws. The same goes for every other forum, subreddit, Medium page, website and YouTube channel. They can interpret their own rules as they bloody well please and they owe nobody an explanation. You don't like it? Leave!