Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606231 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #1020 on: March 20, 2013, 01:24:14 am »

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #1021 on: March 26, 2013, 03:36:25 pm »

Someone is a Princess Bride fan... ;D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:58:46 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1022 on: March 27, 2013, 02:30:47 am »
And possibly a princess.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #1023 on: March 27, 2013, 03:22:58 pm »
I always figured it was something his followers made up after the fact to make him look holier.

Within the story itself, I prefer the interpretation that Joseph loved Mary enough that he didn't care.

I do like that approach. The question is, who is the father after all? I see four possibilities:
1. Mary was raped. In terms of what makes the best story, I like this one the best. Mary remains innocent, and Joseph gets points for not rejecting her.
2. Mary cheated. Works better for Mary, but then she's a sinner as well. Although Joseph then gets mongo points for forgiving Mary.
3. Joseph himself - they did it before the wedding, and used the virgin birth story to cover it up.
4. The virgin birth story was made up after Jesus died. Jesus was conceived within wedlock after all.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1024 on: March 28, 2013, 02:45:02 am »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1025 on: March 28, 2013, 02:48:28 am »

This makes me wonder how many interracial couples have one or both partners opposing same-sex marriage.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1026 on: March 28, 2013, 04:43:10 am »

This makes me wonder how many interracial couples have one or both partners opposing same-sex marriage.

Reminds me of the black lady (I think on a video shown on The Daily Show) who said, "Thank God for my right to vote away gay marriage!"
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #1027 on: March 28, 2013, 11:35:44 am »

Reminds me of the black lady (I think on a video shown on The Daily Show) who said, "Thank God for my right to vote away gay marriage!"

I got mine, fuck everyone else!!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1028 on: March 28, 2013, 11:57:29 am »

I got mine, fuck everyone else!!

A former colleague of mine had this exact attitude when it came to implementing a single-payer health insurance system in the US--his private insurance was a sweet deal, so why should he give a damn about anyone else?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #1029 on: March 28, 2013, 12:03:38 pm »

Yanno, it never fails to boggle my mind how any minority group can be this stupid and bigoted. And it doesn't really matter how many times or how many ways it's explained to them--they refuse to see the issues are more or less the same and refuse to see how hypocritical it is. Just about every single solitary argument being used against gay marriage rights was used to deny racial minorities equal rights, to grant women equal rights, to allow mixed-race couples the right to marry. You could (and people HAVE) just replace the words for 'black' in any pre-integration speech or article or essay against equal rights and substitute 'gay' and have identical arguments to what's being used now. Arguments that the anti-equality crowd--including the minorities!!--will wholeheartedly agree with.

The mind, she boggles.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #1030 on: March 28, 2013, 12:43:40 pm »
Yanno, it never fails to boggle my mind how any minority group can be this stupid and bigoted. And it doesn't really matter how many times or how many ways it's explained to them--they refuse to see the issues are more or less the same and refuse to see how hypocritical it is. Just about every single solitary argument being used against gay marriage rights was used to deny racial minorities equal rights, to grant women equal rights, to allow mixed-race couples the right to marry. You could (and people HAVE) just replace the words for 'black' in any pre-integration speech or article or essay against equal rights and substitute 'gay' and have identical arguments to what's being used now. Arguments that the anti-equality crowd--including the minorities!!--will wholeheartedly agree with.

The mind, she boggles.

Because if you give any oppressed group the chance and they will happily become oppressors themselves.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1031 on: March 28, 2013, 01:46:43 pm »

The mind, she boggles.

I think it's the same reason some abused people will become abusers.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #1032 on: March 28, 2013, 08:27:12 pm »
Not a protest sign, but saw this on tumblr:

But are we really that surprised that these two young men [at Steubenville] didn’t think their actions were wrong?

Videos of men running up to women they don’t know just to grab their ass or stomach and run away are played for laughs on shows like Tosh.0. (The show is run by a comedian who garnered tremendous support after he “joked” about a woman in his audience being gang raped.) A “funny” montage of women’s breasts shown at the Oscars included rape scenes. We have handfuls of qualifiers—date, legitimate, forcible, gray—that we throw in front of “rape” because we want to know if an assault was a “real” rape or one of those non-rapes Republican politicians keep talking about.

And it’s not just rape that’s the joke—it’s women. Our very existence is presented to young men as fodder for sex and laughs, our humiliation and pain as goalposts for their masculinity. While mainstream culture fools itself into thinking that Americans take rape seriously, most women know better. We get the joke. We’re just tired of being the punchline.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #1033 on: March 28, 2013, 09:45:05 pm »
Not a protest sign, but saw this on tumblr:

But are we really that surprised that these two young men [at Steubenville] didn’t think their actions were wrong?

Videos of men running up to women they don’t know just to grab their ass or stomach and run away are played for laughs on shows like Tosh.0. (The show is run by a comedian who garnered tremendous support after he “joked” about a woman in his audience being gang raped.) A “funny” montage of women’s breasts shown at the Oscars included rape scenes. We have handfuls of qualifiers—date, legitimate, forcible, gray—that we throw in front of “rape” because we want to know if an assault was a “real” rape or one of those non-rapes Republican politicians keep talking about.

And it’s not just rape that’s the joke—it’s women. Our very existence is presented to young men as fodder for sex and laughs, our humiliation and pain as goalposts for their masculinity. While mainstream culture fools itself into thinking that Americans take rape seriously, most women know better. We get the joke. We’re just tired of being the punchline.
Oh yay, another opportunity to derail a thread into a rape joke discussion.... >_>
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #1034 on: March 30, 2013, 04:37:51 pm »