Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606637 times)

Offline Yla

• The Beast
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #1125 on: May 06, 2013, 06:54:36 am »
The poster is great, until the 'That's so politically correct'. Everything from then on made me raise my eyebrows.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1126 on: May 06, 2013, 07:09:06 am »
Okay, so maybe it can come off as a little insensitive, but that doesn't invalidate its point.  Besides, it's probably more against the notion that minorities are somehow morally superior than anything else.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:13:49 am by Dynamic Dragon »
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1127 on: May 06, 2013, 07:39:26 am »
Racism is a system of economic discrimination against people of a particular ethnicity and the ideas enforcing that system. It's almost impossible for an ethnic minority to be racist unless they're mercenary.

Basically conservatives are saying "Would that the world treated everyone equally, but if you do anything to achieve that, you're a racist". Well, fuck you. Bet you didn't think of that, did you?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1128 on: May 06, 2013, 07:56:10 am »
Saying stop positive discrimination is code for stop AA

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1129 on: May 06, 2013, 08:02:49 am »
Racism is a system of economic discrimination against people of a particular ethnicity and the ideas enforcing that system. It's almost impossible for an ethnic minority to be racist unless they're mercenary.

Basically conservatives are saying "Would that the world treated everyone equally, but if you do anything to achieve that, you're a racist". Well, fuck you. Bet you didn't think of that, did you?
Shouldn't you be writing a social justice tumblr?

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1130 on: May 06, 2013, 08:19:44 am »
Rolls eyes if he could (seriously I do not have that skill)

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1131 on: May 06, 2013, 08:53:08 am »
Regardless of your opinion on Affirmative Action, it does make a good point.

Distind

« Reply #1132 on: May 06, 2013, 09:42:09 am »
The point of the sign is that minorities can be racist too.
They can, but that sign is a right shitty way of 'saying' it. Use actual examples rather than trying to tap into a kneejerk reaction and failing. When I look at that sign I don't see a racist, I see someone had the time to make a really lousy sign that fails to make it's point in any way other than assuming people will call white people racist on reflex, which isn't terribly true outside of tumblr SJWs.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #1133 on: May 06, 2013, 10:26:10 am »

Actually, racism is the idea that certain races are somehow inherently superior or inferior to others. You see this in the stereotypes that all blacks are either athletic or lazy, that all Asians are good at math but terrible drivers, and yes, in the idea that it's impossible for minorities to be racist.

Now, racism in attitude has often led to economic racism, even today, but that doesn't mean "racism=inflicted economic disadvantage". Having spent time in prison, I can tell you categorically that stereotyping and assumptions of superiority or inferiority are FAR from limited to whites.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1134 on: May 06, 2013, 10:28:18 am »

Actually, racism is the idea that certain races are somehow inherently superior or inferior to others. You see this in the stereotypes that all blacks are either athletic or lazy, that all Asians are good at math but terrible drivers, and yes, in the idea that it's impossible for minorities to be racist.

Now, racism in attitude has often led to economic racism, even today, but that doesn't mean "racism=inflicted economic disadvantage". Having spent time in prison, I can tell you categorically that stereotyping and assumptions of superiority or inferiority are FAR from limited to whites.
THANK YOU!  I've been saying that for years.

Offline Reality Warper

• Bishop
« Reply #1135 on: May 06, 2013, 11:35:05 am »
Great sign!

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1136 on: May 06, 2013, 11:36:12 am »
For everyone sick of Social Justice idiots complaining about privilege:

Distind

« Reply #1137 on: May 06, 2013, 11:44:44 am »
I've never understood the menality that goes 'Yeah, well someone else totally has it worse so fuck you'. Here's an idea, drop the front that you're out to save everyone in the world and admit that you really only give a shit about your pet causes. It'd help, people might believe you then.

wrightway

« Reply #1138 on: May 06, 2013, 12:58:52 pm »
Didn't Chris Rock have a bit about the most racist guy at work being an elderly black man?

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1139 on: May 06, 2013, 02:18:30 pm »
Sigh I give up