Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606147 times)

Offline Ottery

• Neonate
  • Rada rada rada
    • I have a tumblr
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #1170 on: May 09, 2013, 03:05:36 pm »

Black people can be heroic.  I put it here because I had a black neighbor who actually did something like this.

Yeah, then the online idiots autotuned his interview because they thought he was funny.

Offline Ottery

• Neonate
  • Rada rada rada
    • I have a tumblr
« Reply #1171 on: May 09, 2013, 03:16:30 pm »

I'm not sure why you posted that as an "awesome" protest sign, but I assure you it's not. Just because it snowed somewhere doesn't mean that global warming doesn't exist.

Ugh, I'm just sick of idiots saying, "Global warming isn't real!" in a smug tone when it snows a lot, then staying absolutely silent when the recent droughts we've had exceed, in most measures, the 1988-1989 North American drought, the most recent comparable drought, and is on track to exceed that drought as the costliest natural disaster in US history.

If your not against all that, my apologies.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1172 on: May 09, 2013, 03:20:58 pm »

I'm not sure why you posted that as an "awesome" protest sign, but I assure you it's not. Just because it snowed somewhere doesn't mean that global warming doesn't exist.

Ugh, I'm just sick of idiots saying, "Global warming isn't real!" in a smug tone when it snows a lot, then staying absolutely silent when the recent droughts we've had exceed, in most measures, the 1988-1989 North American drought, the most recent comparable drought, and is on track to exceed that drought as the costliest natural disaster in US history.

This is the Awesome Protest Signs section.  I didn't think about the context, I just put the picture there.  My bad if I caused any confusion.
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #1173 on: May 09, 2013, 03:27:14 pm »

This is the Awesome Protest Signs section.  I didn't think about the context, I just put the picture there.  My bad if I caused any confusion.

I can't get theheatison.org to pop up, but the carbon coalition site is a stop-global-warming site. So the snowman isn't supposed to be ironic or anything.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1174 on: May 09, 2013, 03:30:05 pm »

I can't get theheatison.org to pop up, but the carbon coalition site is a stop-global-warming site. So the snowman isn't supposed to be ironic or anything.

I saw it as noting that there's so little snow that all they can make is the one small snowman.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1175 on: May 09, 2013, 03:37:58 pm »

Saturn500

« Reply #1176 on: May 09, 2013, 03:41:36 pm »

It clearly says "Make Global Warming a priority" and  "Save our seasons", thus indicating that we need to stop global warming in order to save Winter. How did you manage to misinterpret that so badly?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1177 on: May 09, 2013, 03:42:48 pm »
http://www.heatisonline.org/

The protest sign misspells the web address, or at least the new web address ain't on it.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1178 on: May 09, 2013, 03:43:06 pm »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1179 on: May 09, 2013, 03:54:49 pm »
Feels photoshopped.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1180 on: May 09, 2013, 03:58:24 pm »
I feel like this was posted already... regardless:

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Ottery

• Neonate
  • Rada rada rada
    • I have a tumblr
« Reply #1181 on: May 09, 2013, 04:11:51 pm »

It clearly says "Make Global Warming a priority" and  "Save our seasons", thus indicating that we need to stop global warming in order to save Winter. How did you manage to misinterpret that so badly?

I honestly thought that the placement was mocking those signs, due to the snowman. Like I said before, a lot of people have tried to call global warming false due to snow.

Offline Ottery

• Neonate
  • Rada rada rada
    • I have a tumblr
« Reply #1182 on: May 09, 2013, 04:16:16 pm »
I feel like this was posted already... regardless:

That reminds me of something I overheard (or read somewhere) that says, "I don't know why we don't have a woman president. People keep saying that they would ruin the country or something when on their periods, but they forget that men think about sex every six minutes. I'd rather have someone who gets a little cranky once a month, not someone who is distracted every six minutes by his thoughts."

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1183 on: May 09, 2013, 04:39:01 pm »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #1184 on: May 09, 2013, 10:06:47 pm »