Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606382 times)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #1410 on: July 16, 2013, 03:06:49 am »
I slapped my ex twice during our relationship. Once when he had me by the hair and another when he had me pinned to the wall by my throat. Both times the shock was enough for me to wiggle away, and put some sense in his head. By the logic a lot of people use he would have been justified in hitting me because technically I hit first.

I guess I should have said "assault first" rather than "hit first".

In your situation your ex should count himself lucky all he got was a slap.  If a man has you by the throat shit just got real so I'd say don't bother with slaps or punches, go straight to kneeing him in the balls.  That'll teach him.

And it's not like in the movies where the guy gets up after a second and chases after the person who kicked him. In real life that fucker is going to be curled up in a ball on the floor for a very long time and he sure as hell won't be running for a while. This gives you plenty of time to get to safety if you fear you're in danger - which if he had you by the throat you probably are.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1411 on: July 16, 2013, 03:10:23 am »
In the same vein I've been told I could have been charged with domestic violence because I crossed "the line" for what's self defense and what's not.

WTF?  So if some bastared is choking you you're not allowed to hit him because he hasn't technically hit you??  Fuck that noise, kick him in the balls.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1412 on: July 16, 2013, 05:16:00 am »

I saw that on mine as well.  The only difference is it was a Republican sign.  Don't the Republicans want to cut health care and medicine? 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #1413 on: July 16, 2013, 07:10:04 am »
This appears to be a Midwestern problem (I was going to say an Ohio problem but I've heard Michiganders use this logic too). Grappling with a woman, pulling her hair, pinning her in place, etc is viewed as okay as long as the strict definition of hit didn't come into play. A lot of people (including some in an abuse group) have told me that I can't call him physically abusive because he did not actually hit me.

They are wrong. Physical abuse does not require hitting. Did it cause pain? Did he do it on purpose? Did you consent? If your answers are "yes, yes, no," then it is physical abuse. (I throw the last one in there to avoid equating consensual S&M with abuse.)

In the same vein I've been told I could have been charged with domestic violence because I crossed "the line" for what's self defense and what's not.

If all you are doing is fighting back, then no, you can't. On the other hand, it is possible that if the cops are called, both of you would be arrested, simply because the police can't determine right off who is in the wrong. So they arrest both parties and let it get sorted out later.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #1414 on: July 16, 2013, 09:22:15 pm »

That's our celebrity-worship culture.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1415 on: July 16, 2013, 09:56:57 pm »
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1416 on: July 16, 2013, 10:15:18 pm »
It is shopped.

I think there was actually a religious ad there that ended up having the accidentally ironic message of "Want to meet God? Come Closer".  Look at where it's situation.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1417 on: July 17, 2013, 11:16:34 pm »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1418 on: July 21, 2013, 08:21:49 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1419 on: July 21, 2013, 08:28:02 pm »
Silly girl.  Don't you know only women can be raped?

Ironbite-and only girl kids can be raped...no male can be raped ever!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #1420 on: July 21, 2013, 08:31:40 pm »

Ironically, some of the SJWs believe that, too. They've gone so far left wing they've looped back around and gone right wing.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline agentCDE

• Bishop
  • Slacker Heathen Extraordinaire!
« Reply #1421 on: July 21, 2013, 10:48:21 pm »

Ironically, some of the SJWs believe that, too. They've gone so far left wing they've looped back around and gone right wing.

I dunno, I think once you reach that point you don't count as any wing but wingnut.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #1422 on: July 22, 2013, 12:55:00 am »
I have to agree, when it comes down to it, the extreme nutbars all end up looking pretty much the same.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1423 on: July 22, 2013, 01:03:06 am »
I've heard it once described that the left and right wings are more like a circle.  I'll use compass terminology to make it easier to picture.

at a starting point facing in (North), you can go left-wing or right-wing.  At some point you hit the full definition.  Left (East) and Right (West).  However, after that, as you get more extreme (and become a wingnut), you start to lose that difference and eventually start to become the same (South).
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #1424 on: July 22, 2013, 04:21:39 am »
I've heard it once described that the left and right wings are more like a circle.  I'll use compass terminology to make it easier to picture.

at a starting point facing in (North), you can go left-wing or right-wing.  At some point you hit the full definition.  Left (East) and Right (West).  However, after that, as you get more extreme (and become a wingnut), you start to lose that difference and eventually start to become the same (South).
Huh. Makes sense to me.