Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606172 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #1545 on: September 30, 2013, 02:42:05 pm »
It really underscores the disconnect between "pro life" conservatives' attitude to fetuses versus born babies. "You must have our shit cake, and eat it, too.

In defense of Liberia ...they are a very poor nation with no meaningful govt budget, and no clout to pressure what either foreign corporations or local employers do. The effective unemployment rate in Liberia is roughly half the able bodied adult population. Papua New Guinea is in much better shape, but still struggling on all levels of development, and very much in the stage of placating the foreign corporations that are behind some of the development occurring there recently.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1546 on: September 30, 2013, 03:13:36 pm »
Thus my point that we treat our women as well as poorly developed countries.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1547 on: September 30, 2013, 05:20:10 pm »
I should have continued my post; in light of our ability to do much more, we treat our women much worse than Liberia or Papua New Guinea. If either those two countries could afford/were able, they would no doubt offer paid maternity.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1548 on: September 30, 2013, 09:43:18 pm »
I thought Liberia effectively had no government other than the UN peacekeepers that are there to stop the civil war from breaking out again. I could of sworn the country was still in a state of almost total anarchy.

From what I've seen it looks like you see a more effective government and law enforcement, and general civilization in the post-apocalyptic wasteland of the Fallout games.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1549 on: October 04, 2013, 01:49:29 pm »
(click to show/hide)

1988 National Coming Out Day Poster

(Left to Right, Top)James Baldwin, Willa Cather, Errol Flynn, Michelangelo, Edna St. Vincent Millay

(Left to Right, Bottom) Cole Porter, Eleanor Roosevelt, Bessie Smith, Walt Whitman, Virginia Woolf

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #1550 on: October 08, 2013, 09:14:10 am »
Let's also throw in Leonardo da Vinci and Julius Motherfucking Caesar. Da Vinci is widely speculated to have been gay, while Caesar was probably bi.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1551 on: October 08, 2013, 04:16:14 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #1552 on: October 08, 2013, 05:05:21 pm »

Wow, that's powerful. I wonder if Americans as a whole would be less attuned to the myth of American exceptionalism if history classes were taught like that.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1553 on: October 09, 2013, 01:41:24 pm »
Let's also throw in Leonardo da Vinci and Julius Motherfucking Caesar. Da Vinci is widely speculated to have been gay, while Caesar was probably bi.

Not to mention Alan Turing, who practically gave us the modern computer and helped beat the Nazis.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #1554 on: October 09, 2013, 03:29:45 pm »

Not to mention Alan Turing, who practically gave us the modern computer and helped beat the Nazis.

Alexander the Great was bi if not outright gay as well.

In fact, bisexuality was pretty much the norm in Greco-Roman society before the Church took over.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1555 on: October 09, 2013, 05:15:08 pm »

Wow, that's powerful. I wonder if Americans as a whole would be less attuned to the myth of American exceptionalism if history classes were taught like that.

While this is current, I want to bring up how every person in North and South America is descended from immigrants. This includes even the "natives". Remember, the "native" people of America only came here during the last ice age by crossing the land bridge. The only place humans can truly be native is Africa and maybe part of the Middle East.

Some people already know the US is made up mostly of immigrants, but almost everyone forgets that it's made entirely of immigrants when you go back far enough.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1556 on: October 09, 2013, 07:32:37 pm »
Technically although in a sense latinos especially in Texas etc have more claim to the land then crackers

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1557 on: October 17, 2013, 08:54:13 am »

While this is current, I want to bring up how every person in North and South America is descended from immigrants. This includes even the "natives". Remember, the "native" people of America only came here during the last ice age by crossing the land bridge. The only place humans can truly be native is Africa and maybe part of the Middle East.

Some people already know the US is made up mostly of immigrants, but almost everyone forgets that it's made entirely of immigrants when you go back far enough.

SEND THEM BACK ACROSS THE LAND BRIDGE!  EVERYONE, BACK TO AFRICA WHERE YA CAME FROM!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1558 on: October 19, 2013, 07:14:03 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1559 on: November 01, 2013, 06:43:45 am »

Translation:
There have always been gay people,

there are some right now,

and there shall always be.

So, deal with it
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!