Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606537 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #1650 on: January 13, 2014, 03:25:17 pm »
Cis people have no right to talk about trans peoples' "image" when they are just as violent, if not even more so, than trans people.

You're really not helping your case, you know that?
To be honest, neither are you.
How, exactly?

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #1651 on: January 13, 2014, 03:33:04 pm »
Cis people have no right to talk about trans peoples' "image" when they are just as violent, if not even more so, than trans people.

You're really not helping your case, you know that?
To be honest, neither are you.
How, exactly?
I'll let somebody more articulate than me handle this.

Basically you come off as arrogant to me, and I'm suspicious you're that Dynamic Dragon guy I'm reading about.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1652 on: January 13, 2014, 03:42:11 pm »
I just want to chime in, "kill whitey."

That is all.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1653 on: January 13, 2014, 04:40:40 pm »
Remember folks, if anyone has anything or anyone they want to vent about, Flame and Burn is but a click or two away.  It has sprinklers, firewalls, and a fire-retardant coating.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1654 on: January 13, 2014, 05:24:25 pm »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1655 on: January 13, 2014, 06:18:08 pm »
Well, after reading all the posts here, weighing the arguments on both sides, and generally ignoring the local "Can't argue their way out of a paper bag" guy(s), I have come to a conclusion.

"Die cis scum" is mostly harmless, and the few people who actually mean it are a minority of a minority.

The fact of the matter is, saying "All People Are Equal" is a bit of a feel good statement.  Fact is, people AREN'T equal right now.  Transgendered people, black people, and homo/bisexual people are murdered for being transgendered, black, and/or gay/bi.  The same cannot be said for cishet white people.

A venting statement towards an oppressive majority is nowhere the same weight as a venting statement towards an oppressed minority.  In other words, die cishet scum.

As far as Paragon goes... hmph.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1656 on: January 13, 2014, 06:22:30 pm »

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1657 on: January 13, 2014, 06:29:35 pm »
its less teh gmos and more the lack of labelling or monsanto suing people

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1658 on: January 13, 2014, 06:33:01 pm »
its less teh gmos and more the lack of labelling or monsanto suing people
I know, but GMOs themselves aren't the problem.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #1659 on: January 13, 2014, 06:38:53 pm »
Well, after reading all the posts here, weighing the arguments on both sides, and generally ignoring the local "Can't argue their way out of a paper bag" guy(s), I have come to a conclusion.

Am I included in that group? I just don't feel like typing out an argument because a good 1/4 of the keys on my keyboard don't work, and I don't feel like stopping to click on the keys on an onscreen keyboard every five seconds, because each post of mine would take twice as long to make.

The reason I'm being so defensive is that I don't think I can argue my way out of a paper bag, despite my efforts,  and I'm afraid of being found out.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 06:49:18 pm by Solar Pendra »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1660 on: January 13, 2014, 06:47:40 pm »

Am I included in that group? I just don't feel like typing out an argument because a good 1/4 of the keys on my keyboard don't work, and I don't feel like stopping to click on the keys on an onscreen keyboard every five seconds, because each post of mine would take twice as long to make.

No, you are not included in the group :P

I'm not even sure it's a "group", to be honest.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #1661 on: January 13, 2014, 06:49:44 pm »

No, you are not included in the group :P

I'm not even sure it's a "group", to be honest.

Okay, good :P

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1662 on: January 13, 2014, 08:01:04 pm »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1663 on: January 13, 2014, 09:13:57 pm »
My...equation was a tad skewed.  As has been pointed out, "die cis scum" is more equatable to "kill whitey."  Its still fucked up, indefensible, and bloody offensive.  Again, you're well within your rights to say that shit, but I'm well within my rights to call you a complete dickhead if you say it seriously, or try to seriously defend it.

Does it make me fear for my life?  No, of course not.  That, however, doesn't make it any less fucked right the hell up.  I hold everyone to a certain standard of basic conduct and simple human decency, from white men to black women, from homosexuals to transsexuals to every-fucking-thing between and outside.  If the cause of your saying that shit is the result of abuse, then...its still not okay, in my eyes, but its understandable.

Yes, I have white privilege, I have male privilege, but I have every right to an opinion and to say what's on my mind as the most underprivileged person in the world does.

That about wraps up my contribution to this particular derail.  If a thread for this is created...I might post there, then again, I might just link here and be done with it.  I do so hate having to explain myself more than a couple of times.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:17:54 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1664 on: January 13, 2014, 10:12:33 pm »
My...equation was a tad skewed.  As has been pointed out, "die cis scum" is more equatable to "kill whitey."  Its still fucked up, indefensible, and bloody offensive.  Again, you're well within your rights to say that shit, but I'm well within my rights to call you a complete dickhead if you say it seriously, or try to seriously defend it.

Does it make me fear for my life?  No, of course not.  That, however, doesn't make it any less fucked right the hell up.  I hold everyone to a certain standard of basic conduct and simple human decency, from white men to black women, from homosexuals to transsexuals to every-fucking-thing between and outside.  If the cause of your saying that shit is the result of abuse, then...its still not okay, in my eyes, but its understandable.

Yes, I have white privilege, I have male privilege, but I have every right to an opinion and to say what's on my mind as the most underprivileged person in the world does.

That about wraps up my contribution to this particular derail.  If a thread for this is created...I might post there, then again, I might just link here and be done with it.  I do so hate having to explain myself more than a couple of times.
Let's continue this discussion in Flame and Burn.