Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606432 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #1920 on: April 12, 2014, 07:15:20 pm »

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #1921 on: April 15, 2014, 01:09:06 am »
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1922 on: April 15, 2014, 06:18:12 am »
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:59:52 pm by Magus Silveresti »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1925 on: April 15, 2014, 01:23:54 pm »
Real Life Example;

A busy restaurant.

If the manager falls ill and has to leave - no problem, as long as the crew are professional. The restaurant will function fine.

If the bartender has to leave - no problem. A server or a manager can fill in. The restaurant will function fine.

If a server has to leave - no problem. The other servers will pick up the tables in their section. The restaurant will function fine.

If the chef has to leave - (see manager scenario, replace with line cooks)

If a line cook has to leave - (see server scenario, replace with line cooks)

If the dish washer (the human, and/or the machine) has to leave or stops working - big problem! It will take two to three or more people to fill in that position, depending on whether it is a machine breakdown, and/or the dish man or woman leaves. It takes a lot of practice to physically keep up with the processing of actual tons per shift of dirty pots, pans, dishes, glassware and flatware when a restaurant is busy.

The above is based on my 35 years of experience as a restaurant manager and co-owner, and as a bartender and a server. My worst ever experiences at work were when the dish pit broke down during a super busy shift.

Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1926 on: April 15, 2014, 04:33:01 pm »

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #1927 on: April 15, 2014, 11:39:19 pm »
Real Life Example;

A busy restaurant.

If the manager falls ill and has to leave - no problem, as long as the crew are professional. The restaurant will function fine.

If the bartender has to leave - no problem. A server or a manager can fill in. The restaurant will function fine.

If a server has to leave - no problem. The other servers will pick up the tables in their section. The restaurant will function fine.

If the dish washer (the human, and/or the machine) has to leave or stops working - big problem! It will take two to three or more people to fill in that position, depending on whether it is a machine breakdown, and/or the dish man or woman leaves. It takes a lot of practice to physically keep up with the processing of actual tons per shift of dirty pots, pans, dishes, glassware and flatware when a restaurant is busy.

The above is based on my 35 years of experience as a restaurant manager and co-owner, and as a bartender and a server. My worst ever experiences at work were when the dish pit broke down during a super busy shift.

I agree completely.  When I was a host, I found that one good busser was equal to about three good servers.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1928 on: April 16, 2014, 11:10:28 am »
Real Life Example;

A busy restaurant.

I agree completely.  When I was a host, I found that one good busser was equal to about three good servers.
Same.  I gained a whole new respect for "menial workers" when I had to help take over dishwashing duty during a summer job at a diner.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #1929 on: April 16, 2014, 02:43:55 pm »
Real Life Example;

A busy restaurant.

Same.  I gained a whole new respect for "menial workers" when I had to help take over dishwashing duty during a summer job at a diner.

This. When I was washing dishes at P.F. Chang's, I would often be reduced to tears by the speed and pressure of the job. Very few people outside those industries realize the amount of stress that comes from having to meet such a high-speed, high-standard job in a noisy, chaotic environment where you're isolated even from your fellow workers.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #1930 on: April 16, 2014, 02:59:37 pm »
When you are a dish washer, you are like the heart in a body; everybody depends on you to do your job correctly and efficiently, but also take you completely for granted, as well. From an ethical standpoint, it qualifies as the most egregiously underpaid job, as are other essential and dangerous jobs like trash collection and highway maintenance work.
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1931 on: April 16, 2014, 04:44:02 pm »
When you are a dish washer, you are like the heart in a body; everybody depends on you to do your job correctly and efficiently, but also take you completely for granted, as well. From an ethical standpoint, it qualifies as the most egregiously underpaid job, as are other essential and dangerous jobs like trash collection and highway maintenance work.
Moral of the story: be nice to them.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1932 on: April 16, 2014, 05:13:37 pm »

I'd tip my dishwasher in a restaurant, if I could.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1933 on: April 16, 2014, 05:15:57 pm »

I'd tip my dishwasher in a restaurant, if I could.
You don't have to.  Tips in restaurants are often pooled and divided more-or-less equally among the workers.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #1934 on: April 16, 2014, 05:24:39 pm »
Anyway, yes, you can make a notation on the tip line if you pay with a card designating a tip to the dishwasher. Or, you can ask for an envelope to leave a cash tip for them. A majority of restaurants, at least the independent ones, don't pool tips unless the restaurant is "sold out" to a very large private event party. Mostly, servers and bartenders must tip bussers and barbacks, but only occasionally dishwashers. At fancy restaurants, it gets complex; servers will tip out a total of 20 to 25 percent of their gross tip income to be divided amongst bussers, wine stewards, maître d's, bartenders, and coat check room attendants or valets. Sometimes it even includes the dishwasher, maybe! So much suck, for so little pay...