Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606512 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #1950 on: April 22, 2014, 11:45:24 am »

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #1951 on: April 23, 2014, 01:22:08 pm »
Lol.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1952 on: April 23, 2014, 03:36:27 pm »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1953 on: April 24, 2014, 08:30:04 am »
Ever notice how people in BOTH those pics are almost exclusively old, white people?  Fucking old crackers are tryin to ruin it for the rest of us.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1954 on: April 24, 2014, 08:36:29 am »
Ever notice how people in BOTH those pics are almost exclusively old, white people?  Fucking old crackers are tryin to ruin it for the rest of us.
Not always.  There were some black and Latino protesters at a gay pride parade my cousin was in.  I tried to point out the irony, but they didn't bite.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1955 on: April 24, 2014, 08:54:10 am »
Not always.  There were some black and Latino protesters at a gay pride parade my cousin was in.  I tried to point out the irony, but they didn't bite.

Nonono, I mean those two specific pictures.  Although, that bullshit does seem to be largely the domain of old crackers with too much free time on their hands.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1956 on: April 24, 2014, 11:34:02 am »

It's both more subtle and darkly funnier than that; In the picture from the '50's or early '60's, about half of the bigots shown are young. In the picture from recent times...it's completely possible that some of those are the exact same people, now grown old. At the rate societal attitudes are improving, we really are seeing it as a matter of time before most of the bigots just die off.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1957 on: April 24, 2014, 11:36:01 am »

It's both more subtle and darkly funnier than that; In the picture from the '50's or early '60's, about half of the bigots shown are young. In the picture from recent times...it's completely possible that some of those are the exact same people, now grown old. At the rate societal attitudes are improving, we really are seeing it as a matter of time before most of the bigots just die off.
Time is on our side.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1958 on: April 24, 2014, 11:48:22 am »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #1959 on: April 24, 2014, 08:06:48 pm »

That's my feeling, too. Each generation is more progressive than the next. Love it!

Had to shrink Ultimate Paragon's graphic a tad:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:10:37 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1960 on: April 24, 2014, 08:09:18 pm »

That's my feeling, too. Each generation is more progressive than the next. Love it!
I think you're mistaken.  From my understanding, progress is not a straight line.  It's more like a line graph.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #1961 on: April 24, 2014, 08:15:05 pm »

I think you're mistaken.  From my understanding, progress is not a straight line.  It's more like a line graph.

Well, yeah....but I'm talking in rough generalizations.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1962 on: April 24, 2014, 08:16:05 pm »

Yeah.  You're right about the big picture.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #1963 on: April 24, 2014, 08:20:23 pm »

Thanks!  :)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1964 on: April 24, 2014, 09:49:46 pm »

Thanks!  :)
You're welcome.