Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606863 times)

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #2416 on: January 20, 2015, 04:54:19 pm »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2417 on: January 21, 2015, 12:43:27 am »

You know, occasionally I can't figure out the gender of some random person I see based on their appearance, but it is not a big deal, more like "huh? I can't tell if that person is a dude or chick, oh well no matter." I also remember noticing two women and wondering if they were a couple or just close friends. Mainly because if I was told to imagine the most stereotypical "butch lesbian" one of them would have been the exact image... Again, not that it really makes a difference, just some idle musings while I was on the bus going to my job and still only half awake.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #2418 on: January 22, 2015, 06:28:55 am »
technically not a sign, but this really happened on french tv as a protest to fox news' bullshit. and yes, it lasted a week, forcing fox to apologize. and yes, it was hilarious (this is only one skit out of 5)

(click to show/hide)
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2419 on: January 22, 2015, 09:50:41 am »
Oh wow.

Ironbite-that's hilarious.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2420 on: January 22, 2015, 01:11:16 pm »
Stewart and Colbert are impressed.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2421 on: January 23, 2015, 12:07:10 am »
That was awesome! *ROFL* VIVA LE FRANCE!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2422 on: January 30, 2015, 04:11:50 am »
Now that Kokoomus
(click to show/hide)
suffered setbacks and lost voters they have loudly complained that they should still be allowed in the government rather than being left out to the opposition because "Every time that a red-ochre goverment
(click to show/hide)
has been formed it has been a disaster to Finnish economy."

And here, from the image included we can see just how horrible the Red-ochre goverments have been. The graph shows the growth/fall of Gross domestic product in Finland. And the biggest disasters have happened when the Kokoomus (Reminder that they are the BUSINESS PARTY favoured traditionally by the bourgeois.) has been in the goverment... They better hope that the voters are too dumb to actually check the facts. (And they would have to do it themselves since the media would not bother to do so.)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 04:36:47 am by askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2423 on: January 30, 2015, 10:56:52 am »
It might sound conspiracy-like, but it seems to me that conservative parties like to make their policies to temporarily quash GDP, depress stock prices and prime rates, cause layoffs from industries in the transition phase to greater automation, so that the one percenters can scoop up stocks and troubled businesses at deep discount prices. It only seems obvious when things go a bit overboard or they just fuck up, as happened when long term tax policies and lack of financial law enforcement occurred, leading to the crash of '08-'10.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2424 on: January 30, 2015, 11:12:22 am »
It might sound conspiracy-like, but it seems to me that conservative parties like to make their policies to temporarily quash GDP, depress stock prices and prime rates, cause layoffs from industries in the transition phase to greater automation, so that the one percenters can scoop up stocks and troubled businesses at deep discount prices. It only seems obvious when things go a bit overboard or they just fuck up, as happened when long term tax policies and lack of financial law enforcement occurred, leading to the crash of '08-'10.

The sad thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if that were actually the case.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #2425 on: January 30, 2015, 12:02:50 pm »
Now that Kokoomus...

I'll just throw this here. The current prime minister and the Kokoomus party leader is Alexander Stubb; the economy blog Raha ja talous found some interesting quotes from him.

Quote from: Alexander Stubb in September 2014
During this term we have had to cut expenses and raise taxes significantly. This tightening of the finance policies has also weakened the economical growth.

Quote from: Alexander Stubb in January 2015
Finland has now tried stimulation for years. Since 2009 we have doubled our national debt from ca. 20 billion euros to ca. 100 billion euros. Despite that we are hanging around zero growth for the seventh consecutive year.
I wonder if the situation in Greece and the rising pressure towards actual stimulation economics has anything to do with his... eh... shall we say new perspective. Fuck that party.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2426 on: January 31, 2015, 10:33:15 am »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2427 on: January 31, 2015, 11:43:38 am »
I get their point, but I think for a lot of people the answer is "yes" to both cases. Rape jokes aimed at men are not limited to prisoners.
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2428 on: January 31, 2015, 11:47:56 am »
I get their point, but I think for a lot of people the answer is "yes" to both cases. Rape jokes aimed at men are not limited to prisoners.

Indeed, but in my experience, I've found that prison rape jokes are considerably more common than man rape jokes, even among those supposedly more enlightened.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2429 on: January 31, 2015, 11:52:57 am »

Indeed, but in my experience, I've found that prison rape jokes are considerably more common than man rape jokes, even among those supposedly more enlightened.

I guess social enlightenment's a gradual thing. Even New-Left Flowerchild types in the 60s-70s, who protested against stale outdated values, unjust war, human cruelty & government corruption could be sexist against women. Old habits die hard.