Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606574 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #2475 on: February 21, 2015, 11:59:48 am »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #2476 on: February 21, 2015, 12:05:10 pm »
Shouldn't that be in the "Dumbest Protest Signs" thread?
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #2477 on: February 21, 2015, 12:15:02 pm »
Yeah. Anyone who thinks that a housewife with children and no hired help isn't working at least equal hours to an office worker is divorced from reality. If the spouse with a wage job isn't helping with the chores even when at home it's even more work for her.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2478 on: February 21, 2015, 12:20:42 pm »
Yeah. Anyone who thinks that a housewife with children and no hired help isn't working at least equal hours to an office worker is divorced from reality. If the spouse with a wage job isn't helping with the chores even when at home it's even more work for her.

Anyone who thinks doing chores for 2 hours and playing video games and watching daytime television is equivalent hours to an office worker is divorced from reality.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2479 on: February 21, 2015, 12:25:53 pm »

Anyone who thinks doing chores for 2 hours and playing video games and watching daytime television is equivalent hours to an office worker is divorced from reality.

My sister is a housewife.  And let me tell you, you're the one divorced from reality.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2480 on: February 21, 2015, 12:32:59 pm »
My sister is a housewife.  And let me tell you, you're the one divorced from reality.

Unless your sister is part of the quiverfull cult and pops babies every year, she has no real excuse to be a homemaker other than severe disabilities.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2481 on: February 21, 2015, 12:35:11 pm »

Unless your sister is part of the quiverfull cult and pops babies every year, she has no real excuse to be a homemaker other than severe disabilities.

You know, that's really misogynistic.  Then again, what do I expect from a eugenics supporter?

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #2482 on: February 21, 2015, 12:36:47 pm »
*Gets out folding chair.*
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2483 on: February 21, 2015, 12:45:18 pm »
You know, that's really misogynistic.  Then again, what do I expect from a eugenics supporter?

You're a misogynist for saying women staying home doing chore should get as much respect as women who grow up like adults and support their family financially.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2484 on: February 21, 2015, 12:48:36 pm »

You're a misogynist for saying women staying home doing chore should get as much respect as women who grow up like adults and support their family financially.

So, pigeonholing and stereotyping women is feminist now?  Must've missed the memo.  If you think demeaning women for their own life choices is feminist, you're in desperate need of a reality check.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2485 on: February 21, 2015, 12:56:18 pm »

So, pigeonholing and stereotyping women is feminist now?  Must've missed the memo.  If you think demeaning women for their own life choices is feminist, you're in desperate need of a reality check.

If their life choices are poor then, yes they should be demeaned. If you think we should treat women like children and not call them out when they make decisions that causes their family to be less financially stable, and act as a poor role model to their children by being lazy and not getting a job, then they should be demeaned just like any man who makes poor decisions.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2486 on: February 21, 2015, 01:03:21 pm »

If their life choices are poor then, yes they should be demeaned. If you think we should treat women like children and not call them out when they make decisions that causes their family to be less financially stable, and act as a poor role model to their children by being lazy and not getting a job, then they should be demeaned just like any man who makes poor decisions.

You have a funny definition of "poor life choices".  It's not like she's cutting herself, snorting crack, or joining some bizarre cult.  Would it still be a poor life choice if a man decided to be a stay-at-home dad?

Also, you're starting to sound really materialistic, what with your focus on earning money.  Not everything revolves around the wallet.  If you want to worship the Almighty Dollar, be my guest, but don't call other people "defective" for not centering their lives around their bank accounts.

And in my book, telling women what lifestyles are "acceptable" infantilizes them more than giving them freedom to choose what they want to do for a living.  Why don't you read some Simone de Beauvoir?

Let me ask you something: have you ever tried being a homemaker?  It's probably much harder than you think.  Try it for a while, then talk to me about how "lazy" housewives are.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 01:16:34 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2487 on: February 21, 2015, 01:19:50 pm »
Quote from: Family Guy
Peter Griffin: Gloria, this is my life partner, Lois.

Lois Griffin; I'm his wife.

Gloria Ironbachs: His "wife." Yes.

Gloria Ironbachs: Peter tells me you don't have a career of your own.

Lois Griffin: No.

Lois Griffin: Life outside my kitchen is so bright and scary.

Lois Griffin: I'm just here because you caught me between pregnancies.

Gloria Ironbachs: I'm sorry you're so hostile toward someone who's fighting so a woman like you can become more than just a housewife.

Lois Griffin: Oh, just a housewife?

Lois Griffin: Look, I'm all for equality but if you ask me, feminism is about choice.

Lois Griffin: I choose to be a wife and mother.

Lois Griffin: And now I'm choosing to end this conversation.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2488 on: February 21, 2015, 02:11:45 pm »
Ya know, I may never want to be a father, but I'd be a happy man if I got to work from home and not deal with commutes, petty office politics, or any other bullshit you have when you cram two dozen people into a cube farm.  If I did want to be a father, I wouldn't mind being a stay-at-home dad, either, so long as we're financially able to do so without problems.  Now, if you choose to have children and be a stay-at-home parent when doing so is financially infeasible, then I will call your judgment into question, as well as your actual preparedness to be a parent.  Money may not be able to raise your kids for you, but you can't deny that it sure as hell helps.  At the end of the day, though, its your choice, the same way it is with deciding to buy a monster truck, getting drunk with your buddies, or smoking a blunt, ordering a dozen pizzas, and watching Sesame Street.  I may disagree with your choices and/or your reasoning behind them, but I respect the fact that, unless you were forcibly coerced into making said choice, that they're yours to make.

Remember, children: to get respect, you gotta give respect.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2489 on: February 21, 2015, 02:14:22 pm »
Cataclysm, have you ever spent a day at home alone with even one young child or baby? Do you and the guy who wrote that polemic against housewives think that little kids just hold still like plants and absorb food and knowledge from the Ether? What the fuck, dude. Running a household and being a stay home mother is exhausting, crazy-making hard work. Ask any stay-at-home dad, if you don't believe me.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.