Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606212 times)

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #2490 on: February 21, 2015, 02:17:58 pm »
Cataclysm, have you ever spent a day at home alone with even one young child or baby? Do you and the guy who wrote that polemic against housewives think that little kids just hold still like plants and absorb food and knowledge from the Ether? What the fuck, dude. Running a household and being a stay home mother is exhausting, crazy-making hard work. Ask any stay-at-home dad, if you don't believe me.
Silly non-libertarian, Cataclysm doesn't have time for that. He's too busy RAH RAH FIGHTING THE POWER of the "monopoly on force" to care about such things like children.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2491 on: February 21, 2015, 02:19:43 pm »
Would it still be a poor life choice if a man decided to be a stay-at-home dad?

Yes, and society realizes this.

Also, you're starting to sound really materialistic, what with your focus on earning money.  Not everything revolves around the wallet.  If you want to worship the Almighty Dollar, be my guest, but don't call other people "defective" for not centering their lives around their bank accounts.

Money is necessary to buy food, shelter, utilities, education, and healthcare. To pretend it doesn't matter is utterly stupid.

And in my book, telling women what lifestyles are "acceptable" infantilizes them more than giving them freedom to choose what they want to do for a living.  Why don't you read some Simone de Beauvoir?

So if someone drops out of high school and lives off government welfare for their whole life, that's acceptable and telling them to get a job would be infantalizing?

And nobody's freedom is being restricted. Your lifestyle choice isn't protected from criticism.

Let me ask you something: have you ever tried being a homemaker?  It's probably much harder than you think.  Try it for a while, then talk to me about how "lazy" housewives are.

I do my chores. It isn't hard.

Working mothers take care of their children, do their chores, and bring home an income. Homemakers have no excuse.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2492 on: February 21, 2015, 02:26:03 pm »
Working mothers suffer from burnout because of that. Although things have gotten better for most, typically in two income households, women also do the majority of child rearing work and household maintenance. The only other person on this board I would really like to hear from now is Mrs. Rookie. Prepare for legitimate righteous indignation from her.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2493 on: February 21, 2015, 02:41:58 pm »
Although things have gotten better for most, typically in two income households, women also do the majority of child rearing work and household maintenance.

Well if some men's ego's weren't so fragile that they thought their balls would drop off if they cleaned the dishes this wouldn't be an issue.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #2494 on: February 21, 2015, 03:00:04 pm »
Although things have gotten better for most, typically in two income households, women also do the majority of child rearing work and household maintenance.

Well if some men's ego's weren't so fragile that they thought their balls would drop off if they cleaned the dishes this wouldn't be an issue.

It's like you're trying to offend everyone.

...Are you? This must just be trolling, right?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2495 on: February 21, 2015, 04:19:22 pm »
This is Lexi, dude.  I remind you that this is a kid who thought keeping himself from going into puberty (or further into it, I forget which) was a good idea.  Motherfucker's got a skull so thick it could be considered battleship plating.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2496 on: February 21, 2015, 04:51:59 pm »
Holy shit I actually agree with Paragon on something.

Ironbite-makes me hate Cataclysm that much more.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #2497 on: February 21, 2015, 05:40:04 pm »
FQA's been way too agreeable lately. It's good to see Cataclysm stirring shit up.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go make buckets of popcorn.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #2498 on: February 21, 2015, 05:55:06 pm »
FQA's been way too agreeable lately. It's good to see Cataclysm stirring shit up.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go make buckets of popcorn.
Don't waste your time, I already made some Crackerjacks for the two of us.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2499 on: February 21, 2015, 06:30:35 pm »
There's stirring shit up and then there's being an obstinate fuck bag.

Ironbite-we're in the latter category.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2500 on: February 21, 2015, 06:54:08 pm »
I got the beer!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2501 on: February 21, 2015, 07:52:30 pm »
Lexi, you're a fucking moron. Seriously, it's hilarious how unbelievably blind you are. You have no idea how difficult it is to take care of children on a daily fucking basis, along with maintaining a home. You know what kids do? They cry, shit everywhere, break furniture, eat everything, throw tantrums, shit some more, eat some more... the list is endless. You don't have a break when you're dealing with kids. You act like they sit there in the corner all day, quietly playing fucking marbles. No, they don't. They require attention, especially the younger ones, and especially kids who have disabilities. And guess what? Sometimes having one parent stay home is the best option. But I guess you're too much of a goddamn moron to consider anything outside your own personal situation. Do you know how expensive childcare is in the US? So expensive that returning to work is often utterly pointless for the mom because childcare costs would be roughly equal to what she's earning. Outside the US? Childcare services are far superior. Maybe one parent earns a comfortable living and the family has decided they'd prefer to raise their kids at home and be there for each milestone. Maybe the child has special needs and would not do well under the supervision of others. Maybe one parent plans to stay at home with the child until he enters school, at which point they will return to the workforce. Whatever the reason, it's their goddamn choice. Every family is different and has to make the best choice based on their situation. Now, kindly get your giant head out of your ass, because you're so full of shit that your face is fucking blue.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2502 on: February 21, 2015, 09:00:55 pm »
Lexi, you're a fucking moron. Seriously, it's hilarious how unbelievably blind you are. You have no idea how difficult it is to take care of children on a daily fucking basis, along with maintaining a home. You know what kids do? They cry, shit everywhere, break furniture, eat everything, throw tantrums, shit some more, eat some more... the list is endless.

And yet working parents manage them as well as stay at home ones despite having a job.

Do you know how expensive childcare is in the US? So expensive that returning to work is often utterly pointless for the mom because childcare costs would be roughly equal to what she's earning.

The average cost of Daycare is $11,666. The salary a full time minimum wage worker makes is $15,080 a year. Even if someone works minimum wage they still have enough money to cover daycare,. And even if it was the same cost, then they would still be making a net positive after the child goes to school for the next 13 years.

Maybe one parent plans to stay at home with the child until he enters school, at which point they will return to the workforce.

The post was clearly referring to those who stay at home even after the child doesn't need rearing.

Whatever the reason, it's their goddamn choice.

A lot of actions are choices. Doesn't mean they're good ones.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2503 on: February 22, 2015, 01:54:32 am »
Lexi, you're a fucking moron. Seriously, it's hilarious how unbelievably blind you are. You have no idea how difficult it is to take care of children on a daily fucking basis, along with maintaining a home. You know what kids do? They cry, shit everywhere, break furniture, eat everything, throw tantrums, shit some more, eat some more... the list is endless.

And yet working parents manage them as well as stay at home ones despite having a job.

Do you know how expensive childcare is in the US? So expensive that returning to work is often utterly pointless for the mom because childcare costs would be roughly equal to what she's earning.

The average cost of Daycare is $11,666. The salary a full time minimum wage worker makes is $15,080 a year. Even if someone works minimum wage they still have enough money to cover daycare,. And even if it was the same cost, then they would still be making a net positive after the child goes to school for the next 13 years.

Ironically enough, it's people who have low incomes who are more likely to have two income houses since they need it to make ends meet.

Maybe one parent plans to stay at home with the child until he enters school, at which point they will return to the workforce.

The post was clearly referring to those who stay at home even after the child doesn't need rearing.

Whatever the reason, it's their goddamn choice.

A lot of actions are choices. Doesn't mean they're good ones.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2504 on: February 22, 2015, 04:25:14 am »
I was going to start talking about The Two-Income Trap and make an economic argument, but I realised the answer is much simpler:

Subsidising someone to stay at home and look after kids or whatever is an individual choice. You are free to demand that your hypothetical wife work, she is free to refuse, and then you leave to individual people to balance their preferences over money, free time, child-rearing, housekeeping, confirming to traditional household models, and the like. You may reach a different solution than other people! That's allowed to happen.
Σא