Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606708 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #2580 on: June 01, 2015, 10:48:03 pm »
Actually, Staffies and Pits are different breeds and the bite strength Pits have is actually less than German Shepherds and Rottweilers.

Great point! One should tell that to anti-bulldog dorks.

Heck, dorky dogs like Dachshunds were bred to hunt badgers in their burrows and we all know how fierce badgers are.

There needs to be a better term out there than "PIT bull" anybody know any?

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #2581 on: June 02, 2015, 11:50:33 am »
Hey Barb, against my better judgment, is like to give you a ray of hope. Once upon a time German shepherds were getting this exact kind of treatment. Then it was doberman pinchers. After that, the rottweiler. Now it's the pit bull. Suburban housewives with nothing better to do will always be scared of perceived threats.

Tl:Dr version: this too shall pass. It'll be another breed in a few years.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #2582 on: June 02, 2015, 06:56:29 pm »
Hey Barb, against my better judgment, is like to give you a ray of hope. Once upon a time German shepherds were getting this exact kind of treatment. Then it was doberman pinchers. After that, the rottweiler. Now it's the pit bull. Suburban housewives with nothing better to do will always be scared of perceived threats.

Based on sheer numbers I see around here, I'm thinking Boxers might be the next ones. They're awesome dogs but so popular (if my corner of the world is any indication) that it is only a matter of time before the breed goes for a shit thanks to puppy mills. At that point they've got the size, power, and looks to make them public enemy number one because of a few bad apples.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #2583 on: June 02, 2015, 07:03:25 pm »

Why do people like moral panics so much? Are they emotional masochists? Wouldn't watching a scary movie or riding an incredibly badass roller coaster be more fun?

Really, people LOVE these "panic" things! What's the point? You had junk like Rock music, RPGs, new subcultures, Pixie Stix-snorting, video game sex scenes, "Rainbow Parties", "Jenkem", etc. If there isn't something to fear, make up something and make a mountain out of a mole hill!

Then there's all this "Doomsday" type stuff!

Then email rumors with "warnings" about mythical gang initiations involving maniacs in car backseats who sap your precious bodily fluids to use as a Pepsi ingredient or whatever.

What's the point? It's so stupid!

Thank you for the ray of hope, though. *HUGS*
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 07:05:35 pm by Barbarella »

Offline rookie

• The Beast
« Reply #2584 on: June 02, 2015, 11:24:24 pm »
They don't see that. They see a poor little blonde haired girl mauled by the kind of dog the drug dealer had in the movies their husbands like. It's true that a "correct" pit (based on breed standards set forth by various dog enthusiast clubs, most notably the American Kennel Club) calls for a friendly dog who absolutely dotes on children. But let's be honest. You and I both know that ain't always the case. Popularity and the piss poor breeding practices it leads to have destroyed a reputation. But again, this too shall pass. Sanctimommy will move onto other issues du jour.

I want you to appreciate two facts. First good pit bulls are wonderful dogs. I've met so many pitties I wouldn't hesitate to call Good [dog's gender]. But I don't dig them. I'm more into hounds and bird dogs. Never had a pit, never will. But a beagle isn't for everyone. Nor a chessie nor a springer spaniel.

Second, I've never in my life worked this hard to make a nouveau hippie feel better. Ever.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #2585 on: June 03, 2015, 12:49:12 am »
They don't see that. They see a poor little blonde haired girl mauled by the kind of dog the drug dealer had in the movies their husbands like. It's true that a "correct" pit (based on breed standards set forth by various dog enthusiast clubs, most notably the American Kennel Club) calls for a friendly dog who absolutely dotes on children. But let's be honest. You and I both know that ain't always the case. Popularity and the piss poor breeding practices it leads to have destroyed a reputation. But again, this too shall pass. Sanctimommy will move onto other issues du jour.

I want you to appreciate two facts. First good pit bulls are wonderful dogs. I've met so many pitties I wouldn't hesitate to call Good [dog's gender]. But I don't dig them. I'm more into hounds and bird dogs. Never had a pit, never will. But a beagle isn't for everyone. Nor a chessie nor a springer spaniel.

Second, I've never in my life worked this hard to make a nouveau hippie feel better. Ever.

Well, thank you for going beyond your regular capabilities.

"Nouveau Hippie", I like that.....  8)

May you all (even grumps like Art & the two Iron folks) feel FOREVER PINK!.....
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:54:09 am by Barbarella »

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #2586 on: June 03, 2015, 11:20:08 am »
But a beagle isn't for everyone.

<snicker>

Noisy, willful, bed hogging little monsters who egg their younger brothers on so they get in trouble and just kiss you more when you say "eww, yuck! Doggie kisses."

Wouldn't change them for the world.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #2587 on: June 03, 2015, 11:30:27 am »
But a beagle isn't for everyone.

<snicker>

Noisy, willful, bed hogging little monsters who egg their younger brothers on so they get in trouble and just kiss you more when you say "eww, yuck! Doggie kisses."

Wouldn't change them for the world.

Beagles make awesome cartoon characters, too!....

Offline rookie

• The Beast
« Reply #2588 on: June 03, 2015, 11:26:45 pm »
Also Garfield's roommate Odie.  But if you need a rabbit ran into the ground, there's your dog.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:30:02 pm by rookie »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2589 on: June 11, 2015, 08:42:21 am »

Chairwoman Pao is going to kill Reddit.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2590 on: June 11, 2015, 01:39:11 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2591 on: June 11, 2015, 01:57:25 pm »

Actually, I did a little more research, and found out that it was (supposedly) being banned because of harassment and brigading.  I guess that's fair... or it would be, if they also went after SRS.  But they're not, so it's not.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2592 on: June 11, 2015, 02:09:41 pm »

THANK YOU!

And any of these idiots who are complaining about the first amendment being violated, guess what.  It doesn't extend to the cyberworld.

Ironbite-you're at the whims and wishes of a dictator known as the site owner.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2593 on: June 11, 2015, 02:45:24 pm »

THANK YOU!

And any of these idiots who are complaining about the first amendment being violated, guess what.  It doesn't extend to the cyberworld.

Ironbite-you're at the whims and wishes of a dictator known as the site owner.

Oh, I agree, Reddit has the right as a business to do what they want with their site, as long as it doesn't violate the law.  However, I have the right as a consumer to criticize them and take my business elsewhere.

See, here's the thing: I think Reddit has ulterior motives for banning fatpeoplehate.  They have yet to produce any evidence that it's actually involved in harassment, nor have they gone after SRS, which is notorious for its enablement and encouragement of brigading and other malicious activities.  Furthermore, they also banned a subreddit critical of Neo GAF.  Again, they have yet to give any evidence of actual malicious activity.

And you know what else they did?  They banned a subreddit dedicated to whale-watching, thinking it was a clone of fatpeoplehate!  Bravo, admins.  Bravo.

Look, I didn't like fatpeoplehate, but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit back and watch as it gets banned under false pretenses.  As Voltaire said: "I disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

So yeah, fuck Reddit.  If things don't change in short order, I'm moving to Voat.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2594 on: June 11, 2015, 04:00:30 pm »

Actually, I did a little more research, and found out that it was (supposedly) being banned because of harassment and brigading.  I guess that's fair... or it would be, if they also went after SRS.  But they're not, so it's not.
Ok, I'm glad that got settled.