Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606470 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #2640 on: July 28, 2015, 10:56:00 pm »
Obviously I mean the State as an institution - the State Government in the 1960s.

Would you consider the institutions of the FBI and the government of Alabama to be comparably bad to the Black Panthers? Whether or not they're exactly on par, do you think the two institutions broadly were similar and similarly bad? Your little meme seems to suggest so. Yes or no?

You're asking me to compare apples and oranges.  Let me ask you this: do you think David Duke is as bad as Robert Mugabe?

Besides, it's talking about modern movements.  The original Black Panthers aren't relevant anymore.  You might as well be asking me about the Yippies.
70% of all racial hate crimes in the U.S. are committed but only 18 percent were committed against whites, to say that anti-white hate crimes are equally as pressing as anti-black hate crimes seems dishonest. In addition to that the Black Panthers are nowhere near as bad as the KKK as they never achieved the same body count or the same level of widespread terror.

As for your question:
Would you say the prime minister of Estonia was ever comparable to Stalin's chef?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:05:53 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2641 on: July 28, 2015, 11:04:03 pm »
Obviously I mean the State as an institution - the State Government in the 1960s.

Would you consider the institutions of the FBI and the government of Alabama to be comparably bad to the Black Panthers? Whether or not they're exactly on par, do you think the two institutions broadly were similar and similarly bad? Your little meme seems to suggest so. Yes or no?

You're asking me to compare apples and oranges.  Let me ask you this: do you think David Duke is as bad as Robert Mugabe?

Besides, it's talking about modern movements.  The original Black Panthers aren't relevant anymore.  You might as well be asking me about the Yippies.
70% of all racial hate crimes in the U.S. are committed but only 18 percent were committed against whites, to say that anti-white hate crimes are equally as pressing as anti-black hate crimes seems dishonest. In addition to that the Black Panthers are nowhere near as bad as the KKK as they never achieved the same body count or the same level of widespread terror. The meme also seems really corny, sure the message is fine but it presents it in a really bad way and sounds cheesy.

As for your question:
Would you say the prime minister of Estonia was ever comparable to Stalin's chef?

You're missing the point.  It's not about body counts, it's about division.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2642 on: July 28, 2015, 11:05:33 pm »
Oh, I see, never mind what I just said.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2643 on: July 29, 2015, 12:59:20 am »

70% of all racial hate crimes in the U.S. are committed but only 18 percent were committed against whites, to say that anti-white hate crimes are equally as pressing as anti-black hate crimes seems dishonest. In addition to that the Black Panthers are nowhere near as bad as the KKK as they never achieved the same body count or the same level of widespread terror. The meme also seems really corny, sure the message is fine but it presents it in a really bad way and sounds cheesy.

As for your question:

And which group is responsible for racism - its defenders Alabama, the FBI, parts of the Federal Government, etc - or people who, in fighting against it, act in a way that is strategically or morally imperfect?

Or are they both equivalently responsible for racism?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2644 on: July 29, 2015, 01:20:49 am »

As for your question:

And which group is responsible for racism - its defenders Alabama, the FBI, parts of the Federal Government, etc - or people who, in fighting against it, act in a way that is strategically or morally imperfect?

Or are they both equivalently responsible for racism?

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #2645 on: July 29, 2015, 02:21:28 am »
You see, this is why people call you a fucking idiot.

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #2646 on: July 29, 2015, 07:22:18 am »
That gif doesn't answer the question.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2647 on: July 29, 2015, 10:11:15 am »
Racism long predates the founding of the United States.  Your question is complete nonsense.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2648 on: July 29, 2015, 10:19:28 am »
And UP, once again, evades away into the sunset of the discussion.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2649 on: July 29, 2015, 12:13:53 pm »
Racism long predates the founding of the United States.  Your question is complete nonsense.
They were reffering to racism in modern America, that should be pretty fucking obvious.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2650 on: July 29, 2015, 12:46:19 pm »
They were reffering to racism in modern America, that should be pretty fucking obvious.

Considering how childishly simplistic Fred's views on race relations are, can you blame me for misunderstanding him?

And to answer his question, racism in American predates its independence.  If you want to blame anybody, blame the plantation owners who wanted cheap labor.  But if we want to talk about modern America, I blame elements of the establishment for perpetuating racism against non-whites, while I blame the Nation of Islam and similar groups for continuing anti-white racism.  Why?  Because both forms of racism have centuries-old roots, and both have blood on their hands.  It's true that anti-white racism was caused by racism perpetrated against non-whites, but it accomplished nothing except feeding into "establishment racism".  For example, Nat Turner's rebellion (which killed almost every white person it encountered) led to brand-new discriminatory laws against African-Americans, both free and enslaved.  It's a vicious cycle, and you can't condemn one without condemning the other.

Then again, Fred is the same guy who implied that the Tutsis and white Zimbabweans had it coming, so I can't expect him to view this issue with any kind of nuance.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #2651 on: July 29, 2015, 01:46:32 pm »
1. Yes I can

2. I suppose I can mostly agree with all of that. Thank you for clarifying.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 01:48:54 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2652 on: July 29, 2015, 05:45:10 pm »
*SIGH* The point of that meme was that the elite uses ethnic tensions to keep us divided AND that bigotry is dumb no matter the ethnicity of the bigot.

And that's all I'm going to say since people get so touchy-touchy!

I stand with Paragon on this. There was no bigotry intended. *SHEESH*!!!!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #2653 on: July 29, 2015, 06:39:10 pm »
So, let's recap.

First you insult me in an attempt to be holier than thou and dodge the question. This fails due to a bunch of other people calling you on it.

Then you continue with another scam: deliberately misreading me.

Considering how childishly simplistic Fred's views on race relations are, can you blame me for misunderstanding him?

And to answer his question, racism in American predates its independence.

Utterly and characteristically irrelevant.

If you want to blame anybody, blame the plantation owners who wanted cheap labor.

Deliberate, intentional misunderstanding of my point.

I blame elements of the establishment for perpetuating racism against non-whites, while I blame the Nation of Islam and similar groups for continuing anti-white racism.

Both sides do it!

I'm sure those millions of white people kept in slavery by black people for three centuries by the threat and use of force suffered in your bizarro world just the same as the millions of black people in the real world.

This is insane false equivalence. Absolutely off the wall crazy.

Because both forms of racism have centuries-old roots, and both have blood on their hands.  It's true that anti-white racism was caused by racism perpetrated against non-whites, but it accomplished nothing except feeding into "establishment racism".  For example, Nat Turner's rebellion (which killed almost every white person it encountered) led to brand-new discriminatory laws against African-Americans, both free and enslaved.  It's a vicious cycle, and you can't condemn one without condemning the other.

You can't condemn Bull Connor and Richard Nixon without condemning the people who literally tried to prevent those people from doing the things that they did that were wrong.

Equally, you certainly can't blame the white British for murdering millions of Africans without blaming those Africans - equally! - for trying to stop them from doing that. Trying to prevent a crime is just as bad as committing it.

This is the clearest racist false equivalence I've seen on this site, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Oh and you finish with a lie.

Absolutely great performance. 10/10. Couldn't have written it better myself.

-FDR

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2654 on: July 29, 2015, 07:12:33 pm »
So, let's recap.

First you insult me in an attempt to be holier than thou and dodge the question. This fails due to a bunch of other people calling you on it.

Then you continue with another scam: deliberately misreading me.

And to answer his question, racism in American predates its independence.

Utterly and characteristically irrelevant.

So was your idiotic objection to my post.

If you want to blame anybody, blame the plantation owners who wanted cheap labor.

Deliberate, intentional misunderstanding of my point.

And you'd know a lot about that, wouldn't you?

I blame elements of the establishment for perpetuating racism against non-whites, while I blame the Nation of Islam and similar groups for continuing anti-white racism.

Both sides do it!

I'm sure those millions of white people kept in slavery by black people for three centuries by the threat and use of force suffered in your bizarro world just the same as the millions of black people in the real world.

This is insane false equivalence. Absolutely off the wall crazy.

I never said it was equal.  Stop putting words in my mouth.

Because both forms of racism have centuries-old roots, and both have blood on their hands.  It's true that anti-white racism was caused by racism perpetrated against non-whites, but it accomplished nothing except feeding into "establishment racism".  For example, Nat Turner's rebellion (which killed almost every white person it encountered) led to brand-new discriminatory laws against African-Americans, both free and enslaved.  It's a vicious cycle, and you can't condemn one without condemning the other.

You can't condemn Bull Connor and Richard Nixon without condemning the people who literally tried to prevent those people from doing the things that they did that were wrong.

You mean the same Richard Nixon who did more for desegregation than any other President?

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/08/opinion/how-a-republican-desegregated-the-south-s-schools.html

And you're using a strawman.  What I'm talking about is anti-white racism, not struggles against Jim Crow and the like.

Equally, you certainly can't blame the white British for murdering millions of Africans without blaming those Africans - equally! - for trying to stop them from doing that. Trying to prevent a crime is just as bad as committing it.

How is that relevant to racism in America?

This is the clearest racist false equivalence I've seen on this site, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

No, you should be ashamed of yourself for deliberately misrepresenting me!

Oh and you finish with a lie.

Okay, then.  Explain to me why you said white Zimbabweans don't deserve to own land.  Explain why you hold the Tutsis collectively responsible for things some of their ancestors did.

Absolutely great performance. 10/10. Couldn't have written it better myself.

Yes, you could.  In fact, you just did.