Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606634 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #345 on: May 14, 2012, 04:24:58 am »
It doesn't really matter, does it? The point got across.

Protest signs aren't like public buildings: they don't need to be accessible to everyone.

The point didn't get across to everyone, and you're missing the point of that it's not right to call people stupid for not getting something that's outside of their culture or experience and asking for clarification.  I never said the cartoon should be clearer, just that it doesn't make us stupid if we don't get something that's not, by design, accessible to us.
You'd have said point if I had made it clear I was defending the remark made by dear Ironbite (and if it did seem like it, my apologies). Needless to say, the point is not there because I wasn't defending that. I was defending the 'sign' itself. But let's move on shall we?

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:31:42 am by Commander Shepard »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #346 on: May 14, 2012, 04:42:37 am »
My quarrel with the college/no-vote correlation is that it's the equivalent of calling the other side stupid.
"You just have these opinions because you're uneducated. If you were smart, you'd think otherwise."
Someone who agrees with the position feels vindicated (elitism yay). Someone who disagrees feels insulted and is provoked to a response of antiintellectualism. As if we hadn't enough of that already.

It's okay to state the truth. The map is the equivalent of smugly rubbing it in.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:40:42 am by Yla »
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #347 on: May 14, 2012, 08:12:46 am »
My quarrel with the college/no-vote correlation is that it's the equivalent of calling the other side stupid.
"You just have these opinions because you're uneducated. If you were smart, you'd think otherwise."
Someone who agrees with the position feels vindicated (elitism yay). Someone who disagrees feels insulted and is provoked to a response of antiintellectualism. As if we hadn't enough of that already.

It's okay to state the truth. The map is the equivalent of smugly rubbing it in.

I think there was a study that showed people who vote conservative tend to have a lower IQ.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #348 on: May 14, 2012, 08:32:21 am »

I think there was a study that showed people who vote conservative tend to have a lower IQ.

I think that was a fake study and an experiment to see if people bother to check sources.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #349 on: May 14, 2012, 11:48:38 pm »

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #350 on: May 14, 2012, 11:57:07 pm »

I'm not sure if it even has enough for everyone's needs. If it does we're getting close to the limit.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #351 on: May 16, 2012, 02:37:52 am »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #352 on: May 16, 2012, 03:29:52 pm »
Duuuuuuuuuuuuude...yes.  What the fuck happened to his hair?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #353 on: May 16, 2012, 04:19:30 pm »
He's an alien.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #354 on: May 16, 2012, 05:55:13 pm »
I also like how his skin tone changes wildly.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #355 on: May 16, 2012, 06:28:33 pm »
I also like how his skin tone changes wildly.

Well, that is just a matter how the lights were set up during each filming incident and, it looks like, how much bottled tan the guy has been using as well.

But there is just no rational explanation for the hair other than, ALIENS.
-A Pen Name

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #356 on: May 16, 2012, 06:52:33 pm »
I know. I just found it amusing.

&

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #357 on: May 16, 2012, 07:53:06 pm »

Shouldn't this be in the "Funny/Stupid Picture" thread?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #358 on: May 16, 2012, 09:19:40 pm »
I know, how is that look considered a good look?? That look just makes you look like an ass, unless he's trolling us, and decided one day, "I'll go with the crazy idiot look to match the bs that I like to spout on TV"

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #359 on: May 16, 2012, 09:22:54 pm »
I know, how is that look considered a good look?? That look just makes you look like an ass, unless he's trolling us, and decided one day, "I'll go with the crazy idiot look to match the bs that I like to spout on TV"

Maybe he's half troll-doll
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.