Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 407167 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #3735 on: January 08, 2021, 10:39:51 pm »
So he's just like T....wait.  Could Vanto/Paragon/Reverse be Trump?  Could we have been fighting the President of the United States all this time?

Ironbite-my god...*whips glasses off*

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3736 on: January 08, 2021, 11:02:24 pm »
Yeah, I think you may be right, Ironbite.

Let's ban Trump from here too!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3737 on: January 08, 2021, 11:20:06 pm »
Nah, insufficiently many words in all capitals and too few exclamation points.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #3738 on: January 08, 2021, 11:30:08 pm »
So he's just like T....wait.  Could Vanto/Paragon/Reverse be Trump?  Could we have been fighting the President of the United States all this time?

Ironbite-my god...*whips glasses off*
I like it but there's not enough adjectives, y'know, huge, beautiful, bigly. Also Trump repeats himself every few seconds due to cognitive decline.

Could be one of his spawn though.

Hey, now that Trump's on the way out should we turn the conversation to what'll come next? There's a bunch of yuge garbage fires that are still smouldering!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3739 on: January 08, 2021, 11:42:21 pm »
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/01/capitol-riot-senior-trump-official-calls-him-a-fascist.html

From a senior Trump administration official:

The legacy of the Trump administration is going to be that the president sparked an insurrection and people died because he tried his best to not abide by the Constitution and the tradition of a peaceful transition of power that’s been the norm since our founding. Nothing else is even going to be a side note.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #3740 on: January 09, 2021, 12:03:25 am »
Looks like his fanboys want a sequel.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3741 on: January 09, 2021, 12:08:20 am »

That's what Trump fanatics were reading into his statement that he wouldn't be at the inauguration: it's safe to attack, you won't kill me.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/insidernews/status/1347666277142306817

Cops letting pro-Trump protesters walk into the US Capitol.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 12:14:52 am by dpareja »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3742 on: January 09, 2021, 12:19:24 am »
Good thing then the rest of this won't be in the hands of the police. National Guard is gonna be handling things. And they're not gonna be giving an easy ride to Trumpsters.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3743 on: January 09, 2021, 02:40:27 am »
Oh, real mature. What are you, five?

I could give you a much more mature response, but you've neither earned nor deserve it.  Take your alt-right defending Both-Siderist ass and get the fuck out.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3744 on: January 09, 2021, 06:20:45 am »
Good thing then the rest of this won't be in the hands of the police. National Guard is gonna be handling things. And they're not gonna be giving an easy ride to Trumpsters.

Has anyone checked to see how many National Guard members are sympathetic to Trump supporters and might be taking selfies with them?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3745 on: January 09, 2021, 06:57:48 am »
19 deaths in BLM protests.

The first article I could find was the shooting of a black man by a guy with a history of racist behaviour. The shooter did not turn himself in when the case went to court and he committed suicide before the manslaughter case reached completion.

The second article talks about a black man who was shot and killed by soldiers and police officers who had turned off their body cams and their chief was fired in disgrace afterwards. The dead man had his arms in the air at the time he was shot and although it is believed he himself had shot at the police, this would still mean they killed a suspect who had already surrendered.

Sean Monterosa was on his knees and with his hands up when the police shot him to death, with the police on video shouting confused over whether or not Mr. Monterosa had a gun or if he had been pointing anything at them. (He didn't have a gun.)

I saw one case of looters killing an elderly man who tried to stop them robbing a pawn shop. But many of these deaths appear to be people shot by police in suspicious circumstances ...when there were protests against police shooting people in suspicious circumstances.

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3746 on: January 09, 2021, 12:08:36 pm »

Has anyone checked to see how many National Guard members are sympathetic to Trump supporters and might be taking selfies with them?

While I won't say we don't have to worry about that, one must consider that the command structures of an actual military are a lot more rigid and a lot less tolerant of bullshit than those of the worthless pigs police.  That is to say that, even if they tried, their COs would probably smack the shit out of 'em and tell them to get the fuck back in formation and to act like a god damned professional.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3747 on: January 09, 2021, 04:31:20 pm »

I'm worried about what they might do. Biden and Harris will be in the capital that day. I think the inauguration will be virtual due to covid. The police just let protesters storm into the capital building before. I can see it happening again. Or will they storm the white house?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3748 on: January 09, 2021, 04:35:55 pm »

I'm worried about what they might do. Biden and Harris will be in the capital that day. I think the inauguration will be virtual due to covid. The police just let protesters storm into the capital building before. I can see it happening again. Or will they storm the white house?

If I were arranging Biden's inauguration, not only would I have as much security as I could get (keeping in mind that there are also threats against state capitols), I'd also try to have as few people there as possible--ideally only Biden, Harris, and Roberts (to administer both oaths of office; I imagine Harris wants Sotomayor or Kagan but I'd do my damnedest to talk her out of it).

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3749 on: January 10, 2021, 12:27:58 am »
( [...] the first President not to attend his successor's inauguration since Andrew Johnson did not attend that of Ulysses S. Grant.)

Technically, you could argue that the most recent inauguration without the previous president was that of Johnson.