Author Topic: THE BOSTON RED SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES!  (Read 5283 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
THE BOSTON RED SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES!
« on: October 29, 2018, 07:31:31 am »
I AM FROM MASSACHUSETTS SO I AM VERY HAPPY! THEY BEAT THE DODGERS 5-1 IN YESTERDAYS GAME! THIS IS GOD’S REWARD FOR ME CONVERTING BACK TO CATHOLICISM!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 07:33:30 am by Jacob Harrison »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: THE BOSTON RED SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 03:17:29 pm »
I AM FROM MASSACHUSETTS SO I AM VERY HAPPY! THEY BEAT THE DODGERS 5-1 IN YESTERDAYS GAME! THIS IS GOD’S REWARD FOR ME CONVERTING BACK TO CATHOLICISM!
God won't intervene with world hunger but he'll intervene in baseball?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 03:19:22 pm »

He works in mysterious ways.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 03:50:12 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxE3ftfp9Ig" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxE3ftfp9Ig</a>

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 05:15:38 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxE3ftfp9Ig" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxE3ftfp9Ig</a>

Well God is Omniscient so his mind is infinitely greater than ours so there is no way our finite minds can grasp the reasons for everything he does. Not until we have a better understanding in heaven.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 05:24:23 pm »
Well God is Omniscient so his mind is infinitely greater than ours so there is no way our finite minds can grasp the reasons for everything he does. Not until we have a better understanding in heaven.
Au contraire. Our finites mines are perfectly capable of grasping the reasons for what he does. He's a fictional character created by a multitude of other finite minds over hundreds of years, resulting in many different actions and personality traits that outright contradict each other. As a result, other finite minds that for whatever reason are invested in the idea that he's totally real try to reconcile these gaping character inconsistencies with the "mysterious ways" bullshit. It's basically the religious equivalent of "a wizard did it".

See? Perfectly graspable.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 10:37:38 am »
According to most branches Christianity God gave humans free will. Claiming that God would interfere with this by making a specific team win a sporting event is saying that God took away free will from humans. That's heresy.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 11:31:24 am »
According to most branches Christianity God gave humans free will. Claiming that God would interfere with this by making a specific team win a sporting event is saying that God took away free will from humans. That's heresy.

In the Bible God interfered in battles to help the Israelites win so it is not heresy to say that he would help the Red Sox win to reward me for converting back to Catholicism.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 04:41:38 pm »

In the Bible God interfered in battles to help the Israelites win so it is not heresy to say that he would help the Red Sox win to reward me for converting back to Catholicism.
So there wasn't a single Roman Catholic in the LA Dodger's side who's faith needed reaffirming?

Pray tell, why would God personally pick out the guy who believes in Wizards from parallel universes who faps to the Gap catalogue to reaffirm their faith? No accounting for taste but wouldn't Yahweh be better off barracking for someone who can actually net him a few converts?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 05:12:38 pm »

So there wasn't a single Roman Catholic in the LA Dodger's side who's faith needed reaffirming?

Pray tell, why would God personally pick out the guy who believes in Wizards from parallel universes who faps to the Gap catalogue to reaffirm their faith? No accounting for taste but wouldn't Yahweh be better off barracking for someone who can actually net him a few converts?

Because I am the guy who will cause Christendom to be restored in Europe when restoring the true heir to the throne of England and his other thrones..
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 08:41:10 pm by Jacob Harrison »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 12:26:37 am »

Because I am the guy who will cause Christendom to be restored in Europe when restoring the true heir to the throne of England and his other thrones..
Yeah, if God was that ambitious he would have picked someone more competent-or done it himself. Omnipotence and all that.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 07:39:46 am »

Yeah, if God was that ambitious he would have picked someone more competent-or done it himself. Omnipotence and all that.

I am competent. Eventually I will found a secret society that will eventually fulfill the plan.

Anyway, did you read my horror story for Halloween where you and Art Vandelay are the main characters?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 08:50:00 am by Jacob Harrison »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 09:15:12 am »
Competence is not awarded on what you're "going to do."

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2018, 10:35:09 am »

It is if God knows that I can do it competently.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2018, 04:36:46 pm »

It is if God knows that I can do it competently.
All the all knowing presumably would know is that your plan depends on getting others to follow you. I.E. it's dependent on your charisma and social intelligence.

This is a bad plan. This plan is not good.