Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1645097 times)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #1845 on: January 02, 2013, 11:01:06 am »
That's a highly religious message, but understandable as well. I've heard stories like this when I was in catholic school. But it's a good message, essentially trying to say you have to take care of the least of us.

Quote from: Matthew 25:34-45
Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’ Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?’ Then he will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’

It is verses like these that make me wonder how many fundies have ever read the Gospels?
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1846 on: January 02, 2013, 11:21:43 am »
That's a highly religious message, but understandable as well. I've heard stories like this when I was in catholic school. But it's a good message, essentially trying to say you have to take care of the least of us.

Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’ Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?’ Then he will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’

It is verses like these that make me wonder how many fundies have ever read the Gospels?

Only the cherry-picked bits their pastors tell them to.

It may be worth noting that that passage is one of the ones in the Jefferson Bible.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #1847 on: January 02, 2013, 11:25:05 am »

A fundie is just a stubborn, bull nosed individual with little regard for view points separate from their own. Religion is simply the most common justification for their tightly held viewpoint and modify anything that disagrees with that viewpoint, either from within or without the viewpoints position.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1848 on: January 02, 2013, 11:36:58 am »
Silly, fundies just cherry pick and follow the ones that go against a decent human being. And being a decent human being knows no religion in the end, it's a universal goal
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:38:56 am by Empress Nicki »

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1849 on: January 03, 2013, 11:57:23 am »

Doesn't mention guns or hating gays, so it can't be from the bible? </fundy>

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1850 on: January 03, 2013, 03:35:34 pm »
About the "fiscal cliff" negotiations:

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline lazerfrog

• Neonate
« Reply #1851 on: January 03, 2013, 06:11:24 pm »
Are Obama's teeth supposed to be a mustache? 

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1852 on: January 04, 2013, 04:03:15 am »

No kidding!  You know all that talk about Sodom and Gamorah being the root of all our troubles?  Turns out they might be right;

Ezekiel 16:49

New International Version (NIV)

49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #1853 on: January 04, 2013, 09:13:38 am »

No kidding!  You know all that talk about Sodom and Gamorah being the root of all our troubles?  Turns out they might be right;

Ezekiel 16:49

New International Version (NIV)

49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

But thats not the king james version so it doesn't count for them.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1854 on: January 04, 2013, 02:34:22 pm »
Okay, here's the King James version:

16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

I found a site where someone addresses this.  The blog itself isn't bad, but read the comments to see some pick-and-choose Christianity:

https://missionyear.org/jordanleahy/the-sin-of-sodom-ezekiel-1649-50/
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:38:43 pm by Vypernight »
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #1855 on: January 04, 2013, 09:45:22 pm »
I thought this might fit here

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #1856 on: January 05, 2013, 02:13:26 am »
I thought this might fit here
But does the solution work?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14</a>
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #1857 on: January 10, 2013, 10:01:23 am »

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1858 on: January 10, 2013, 10:07:31 am »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1859 on: January 10, 2013, 02:14:13 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!