Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1652873 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #4290 on: August 06, 2014, 12:45:43 pm »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4291 on: August 06, 2014, 02:00:53 pm »

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4293 on: August 07, 2014, 07:25:53 am »

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4294 on: August 07, 2014, 08:58:47 am »
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4295 on: August 07, 2014, 12:37:40 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4296 on: August 07, 2014, 05:42:07 pm »

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #4297 on: August 07, 2014, 06:06:02 pm »
-snip-

What the "Western Media" shows us is instructive in illustrating the poison in a culture. Moderates enable the extremists, and you wouldn't see the fucked up aspects of Muslim culture such as mobs aimed at a Danish cartoon, honor killings, and death-by-apostasy without broad support from ordinary Muslims.

While I think it would be similarly instructive for the mainstream media to turn its lens inward to the fucked up aspects of Christian culture as well (really, every successful religion has enough of this to go around), Muslim society is certainly getting the attention it deserves.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #4298 on: August 08, 2014, 03:23:55 am »
-snip-

What the "Western Media" shows us is instructive in illustrating the poison in a culture. Moderates enable the extremists, and you wouldn't see the fucked up aspects of Muslim culture such as mobs aimed at a Danish cartoon, honor killings, and death-by-apostasy without broad support from ordinary Muslims.

While I think it would be similarly instructive for the mainstream media to turn its lens inward to the fucked up aspects of Christian culture as well (really, every successful religion has enough of this to go around), Muslim society is certainly getting the attention it deserves.

You can use this logic to point towards "poison" in any "culture" or group. It's like saying anyone in the SJ community supports the SJWs that they actually fight against, much in the same way if you actually talk to some Muslims.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4299 on: August 08, 2014, 03:29:04 am »
Err, Ironchew has stated this is more or less what he believes.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #4300 on: August 08, 2014, 03:34:50 am »

And? It is the same bullshit logic that has been used to sow and feed hate towards other groups. It has absolutely no positive value and simply throws everyone under a label under the bus instead of working to get rid of the problematic mentalities and behaviors.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #4301 on: August 08, 2014, 03:34:59 am »
Eh, my only issue is the use of the term "Muslim child". Children do not have a religion. They are a child of Muslim parents, nothing more. I am quite opposed to religious labeling of children. Let them develop on their own, don't force a label on them.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4302 on: August 08, 2014, 10:23:57 am »

And? It is the same bullshit logic that has been used to sow and feed hate towards other groups. It has absolutely no positive value and simply throws everyone under a label under the bus instead of working to get rid of the problematic mentalities and behaviors.
No, I meant that he believes the part about social justice.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4303 on: August 08, 2014, 10:32:03 am »
Eh, my only issue is the use of the term "Muslim child". Children do not have a religion. They are a child of Muslim parents, nothing more. I am quite opposed to religious labeling of children. Let them develop on their own, don't force a label on them.
It probably also means "Arabic"

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #4304 on: August 08, 2014, 12:43:33 pm »

Without the ability to indoctrinate children, all religion would collapse within a couple of generations. They use these labels for a reason.