Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1648892 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #5565 on: May 25, 2016, 12:18:20 am »
What did they do when it didn't even save them:

(click to show/hide)

Spoilered because it's big.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5566 on: May 25, 2016, 12:19:36 am »
Oh god, that sleazy smile...I think I might be sick.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5567 on: May 25, 2016, 12:25:24 am »
I'm not actually sure where this classifies but given that the drawing is pretty good I'm going to put it here even though the only message is that Ben Garrison wants to give Donald Trump and handjob:

Ravy: Really captures his face doesn't it?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5568 on: May 25, 2016, 12:27:44 am »
Ubermensch Trump.  God, that's fucking creepy as hell...and hilarious.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5569 on: May 25, 2016, 06:30:11 pm »
Spoilered because huge and disturbingly accurate drawing of Ted Cruz

(click to show/hide)

Turns out everyone despises Ted. Unfortunately signs are that he will slime back in 4 years.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 07:33:21 pm by davedan »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5570 on: May 26, 2016, 07:03:58 pm »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5571 on: May 28, 2016, 01:36:02 am »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5572 on: May 30, 2016, 02:17:48 am »

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:21:26 am by davedan »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5573 on: May 30, 2016, 03:37:30 am »
...I think it is anti-Hillary because she appears to be simply complaining and assuming that the girls should vote for her rather than giving them any actual reason to vote for her while they clearly are Bernie fans.

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #5574 on: May 30, 2016, 03:43:51 am »
-snip-
Is there a joke here? This isn't even one of those "People who I disagree with are dum." cartoons, like what are the girls doing wrong?

Maybe the whole Bernie or Bust thing that young people are getting all high and mighty about. Statistics show that the gap between Hillary and Trump is narrowing. However, it is not because Hillary is a weak candidate, but because of Bernie or Bust. Hillary does as well as Bernie with true independents (those who have voted for both republicans and democrats and are the "swing voters"). This stat is also misleading as Hillary is a known figure, but Bernie hasn't really been in the attack spotlight, and his favorables are likely misleadingly high. To the contrary, the GOP and it's operatives have been doing their best to help Bernie so as to collaterally hurt Hillary. However, Hillary isn't picking up the democratic-leaning independents* (that skew Sanders) in those head-to-head polls, indicating a Bernie or Bust effect. I see the cartoon as her telling those people to accept that Bernie lost** and to start supporting Hillary in preparation for the general.

*Most independents are independents in name only. They're actual partisans by a different name and repeatedly vote for the same party in every election.

**He isn't mathematically eliminated yet, but I stated back in February that the polls for the Super Tuesday indicated that Clinton would win the nomination there. The polls showed that Hillary would go up by about 150 delegates, which would be very difficult to overcome with the proportional allocation of delegates--Clinton could not overcome Obama's 150 delegate lead in 2008. Those Super Tuesday polls underestimated Hillary's win because they underestimated black turnout in the South. As such, Clinton went up by a touch over 200. Sure enough, Clinton's lead has never fallen below the 200 delegate lead she got from Super Tuesday, and at this point it's too little too late as Bernie would have to win the remaining contests by these margins (which he hasn't done in any of those states), and then win 73% of the popular vote in California. Additionally, while I say he lost, those people who live in states that have yet to vote have every right to vote for him. They should vote for him, do their best to help him win, but accept Hillary if Bernie doesn't win.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #5575 on: May 30, 2016, 03:48:30 am »
I think it's about some quotes that were made by pro-hillary feminists that young women are pro sanders because they just want to meet boys.

"They’re going to get more activist as they grow older. And when you’re younger, you think: ‘Where are the boys? The boys are with Bernie.’" - Gloria Steinem

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #5576 on: May 30, 2016, 04:05:28 am »
I think it's about some quotes that were made by pro-hillary feminists that young women are pro sanders because they just want to meet boys.

"They’re going to get more activist as they grow older. And when you’re younger, you think: ‘Where are the boys? The boys are with Bernie.’" - Gloria Steinem

Decided to look into it. Simply looking at the jpg website, (http://api.theweek.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/2.20160211edhoc-a.jpg?itok=XCpw2nmJ) you appear right. Specifically the 20160211 appears to be the date, February 11, 2016, which was right around the time Steinem put her foot in her mouth.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5577 on: May 30, 2016, 06:25:14 pm »
WAit what? That comic was PRO-Hillary? It certainly did a bad job at that.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5578 on: May 30, 2016, 07:23:23 pm »
Because he caused so much controversy the last time, here's another Horsey

Edit: and if you can get past the paywall here is what the author said about the Hillary Cartoon: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-hillary-losing-young-women-20160210-story.html
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 07:38:33 pm by davedan »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5579 on: May 30, 2016, 07:31:11 pm »
Because he caused so much controversy the last time, here's another Horsey

(click to show/hide)

Edit: and if you can get past the paywall here is what the author said about the Hillary Cartoon: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-hillary-losing-young-women-20160210-story.html

Fixed that for you (and spoilered the image for size).
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.