Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1672973 times)

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #2400 on: April 15, 2013, 10:23:38 pm »
Fun fact, on another forum, I got moderated for saying "jipped."

It was done completely passive-aggressively with a little note at the bottom of my post saying that my post was edited for a racial epithet.  The moderator was someone who I was arguing with on an unrelated matter (and I was being an idiot in that argument, but what else is new?).

It took me awhile to figure out what was removed from my post (because I don't necessarily memorize every post I make -- what a shock) but when I found out I was confused at first, until I figured it out.

I didn't know that the original spelling of the word was "gypped", for instance.

...My point is that it's annoying that a racial epithet like that has managed to enter common lingo to the point where it isn't even recognized as one anymore (imagine "nigger" being used today without any knowledge that it was a racial epithet towards black people) but at the same time, I don't like that the moderator I was arguing with, instead of taking the time to educate me on the matter, instead changed my post without informing me of what I had done wrong, and added a note at the bottom, which would make people think I had intentionally said something racist.

It's safe to say that I hope to never be like that moderator.

By the way, I like gypsies.  A lot :D

I've heard "Picnic" is a racist word. It's short for "Pick-a-n*g", since in the old days lynching black people while eating lunch in the park was like the best hobby ever.

Which is actually false. It's a misspelling of a French word (pique-nique).

Well... I guess that's kind of a relief, since now I don't need to lynch someone to have a proper picnic.

No, but youdo need a wasp or bee flying around, sand in the sandwiches, a flask of scalding hot tea and wet grass. 

And an argument.  It's not a proper picnic without an argument.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #2401 on: April 15, 2013, 10:39:05 pm »
Fun fact, on another forum, I got moderated for saying "jipped."

It was done completely passive-aggressively with a little note at the bottom of my post saying that my post was edited for a racial epithet.  The moderator was someone who I was arguing with on an unrelated matter (and I was being an idiot in that argument, but what else is new?).

It took me awhile to figure out what was removed from my post (because I don't necessarily memorize every post I make -- what a shock) but when I found out I was confused at first, until I figured it out.

I didn't know that the original spelling of the word was "gypped", for instance.

...My point is that it's annoying that a racial epithet like that has managed to enter common lingo to the point where it isn't even recognized as one anymore (imagine "nigger" being used today without any knowledge that it was a racial epithet towards black people) but at the same time, I don't like that the moderator I was arguing with, instead of taking the time to educate me on the matter, instead changed my post without informing me of what I had done wrong, and added a note at the bottom, which would make people think I had intentionally said something racist.

It's safe to say that I hope to never be like that moderator.

By the way, I like gypsies.  A lot :D

I've heard "Picnic" is a racist word. It's short for "Pick-a-n*g", since in the old days lynching black people while eating lunch in the park was like the best hobby ever.

Which is actually false. It's a misspelling of a French word (pique-nique).

Well... I guess that's kind of a relief, since now I don't need to lynch someone to have a proper picnic.

No, but youdo need a wasp or bee flying around, sand in the sandwiches, a flask of scalding hot tea and wet grass. 

And an argument.  It's not a proper picnic without an argument.

And fire ants crawling up the legs of your shorts.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #2402 on: April 15, 2013, 10:44:23 pm »
Definitely fire ants. 

And if you have a family, a wailing child.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #2403 on: April 16, 2013, 09:15:00 am »
Definitely fire ants. 

And if you have a family, a wailing child.

Are fire ants the same as red ants, aka the ones that bite and leave swollen bitemarks?

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #2404 on: April 16, 2013, 09:39:24 am »
No, but very similar. Fire ants have black heads, but red bodies, and they're so named because being bitten by even one feels like you're being burned with an open flame.

I remember one time a fire ant crawled right up my pants leg to my crotch and waited until it was firmly settled on my scrotum before biting.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2405 on: April 16, 2013, 09:51:53 am »
No, but very similar. Fire ants have black heads, but red bodies, and they're so named because being bitten by even one feels like you're being burned with an open flame.

I remember one time a fire ant crawled right up my pants leg to my crotch and waited until it was firmly settled on my scrotum before biting.

MY CROTCH. *sobs and crosses legs*

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2406 on: April 16, 2013, 05:07:47 pm »
Like the Bieber thread that turned in a Radcliffe thread.....The Worst Political Cartoon Thread has turned into a fire ant thread.

That's okay, it's amusing & those ants hurt like the dickens! I lived in Florida for a while, walking on lawns was next to impossible. Darn little buggers! :P

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2407 on: April 16, 2013, 05:19:12 pm »

I know they don't bite immediately. They get on the prey and send a signal to bite simultaneously.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #2408 on: April 16, 2013, 06:12:18 pm »

Geez, and I thought it was bad when I was visiting relatives in SC and one of them crawled up my ankle and got me on the back of the calf. That was 30 years ago and I still remember that bite. You have my utmost sympathy.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2409 on: April 16, 2013, 06:14:24 pm »
Speaking of scary red bugs, does anyone know what those weird huge fuzzy ants are? They look like an ant, but a half an inch long. They're black and have neon red fur on them. I'm terrified of them. I'm not sure what they do.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2410 on: April 16, 2013, 06:29:24 pm »
Speaking of scary red bugs, does anyone know what those weird huge fuzzy ants are? They look like an ant, but a half an inch long. They're black and have neon red fur on them. I'm terrified of them. I'm not sure what they do.

Would you be referring to these?

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2411 on: April 16, 2013, 09:01:02 pm »

Would you be referring to these?

Why... yes... excuse me while I have a heart attack when something brushes up against my skin.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2412 on: April 16, 2013, 11:38:33 pm »
Spoiler'd and linked because the picture is very graphic.

I just deleted yet ANOTHER person off my friends list on Facebook because they posted THIS bullshit on their feed.

1- They have pressure on the wound to keep him from bleeding out.  You don't just move a severely injured person without stabilizing them first numbnutz!
2- I dunno, he looks like he's in shock to me.  And steal a wheelchair?  Have you ever been to a marthon?  Especially in one as big as the Boston Marathon there's multiple spare wheelchairs all over in case of people fainting or heat stroke and so forth.
3- Um, no. He's not.  It's a guy who lives 2 towns over from me fuckface.

As a Bostonian and someone who knows people effected by this horrible incident, please go fornicate with rusty hot iron poker.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2413 on: April 16, 2013, 11:48:21 pm »

Geez, and I thought it was bad when I was visiting relatives in SC and one of them crawled up my ankle and got me on the back of the calf. That was 30 years ago and I still remember that bite. You have my utmost sympathy.

You guys got off lucky...my family was on vacation when we found out the hard way that my brother is deathly allergic to fire ant stings.  As in, if they go untreated too long, he'll die from anaphylactic shock.  According to the doctors, he...actually -was- clinically dead there for a short bit.

That vacation ended pretty fucking quickly.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2414 on: April 16, 2013, 11:52:17 pm »