Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1675393 times)

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #2985 on: June 19, 2013, 12:01:29 pm »
Ya know, the whole concept of legal immunity confounds me to no end.  Except in very, very specific circumstances, it just seems like it gives people an excuse to break the law for the fuck of it.  Diplomatic immunity?  Worst fucking idea ever.  If you're going to work with other countries, you'd damn well better know and abide by their laws.  Sure, provide for their defense, but if you run down a nun in the streets of downtown America, then it shouldn't matter if you're a millionaire oil tycoon, a dumbass kid, a regular dick, or a foreign diplomat: you go to fucking prison for breaking the fucking law.

I too have some issues with the concept of diplomatic immunity, but there are reasons for it. The main reason is to prevent countries from using their own laws to attack foreign diplomats. Imagine if China could exert pressure on the US by arresting US diplomats on trumped-up charges. And in cases where a diplomat commits a serious crime unrelated to his work, his country will generally waive immunity.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2986 on: June 19, 2013, 01:03:46 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2987 on: June 19, 2013, 01:18:34 pm »
Ya know, the whole concept of legal immunity confounds me to no end.  Except in very, very specific circumstances, it just seems like it gives people an excuse to break the law for the fuck of it.  Diplomatic immunity?  Worst fucking idea ever.  If you're going to work with other countries, you'd damn well better know and abide by their laws.  Sure, provide for their defense, but if you run down a nun in the streets of downtown America, then it shouldn't matter if you're a millionaire oil tycoon, a dumbass kid, a regular dick, or a foreign diplomat: you go to fucking prison for breaking the fucking law.

I too have some issues with the concept of diplomatic immunity, but there are reasons for it. The main reason is to prevent countries from using their own laws to attack foreign diplomats. Imagine if China could exert pressure on the US by arresting US diplomats on trumped-up charges. And in cases where a diplomat commits a serious crime unrelated to his work, his country will generally waive immunity.

Of course, it also leads to countries getting out of millions in unpaid traffic fines.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline worlder

• Bishop
« Reply #2988 on: June 19, 2013, 02:06:27 pm »

I sometimes fantasize about the upheaval that would result if the confiscation thing actually happened.

Of course, hopefully it would stay a fantasy.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #2989 on: June 19, 2013, 03:50:25 pm »

Do these people not have even the slightest comprehension what the phrase "background check" means? Because, it doesn't involve anything close to what they said here.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #2990 on: June 19, 2013, 04:26:18 pm »
Do these people not have even the slightest comprehension what the phrase "background check" means? Because, it doesn't involve anything close to what they said here.

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and say that I don't think they're referring to the recent gun control push as such but were, instead, referring to an interview Feinstein gave on 60 Minutes back in 1995 where she said:

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."

That said, I still find these sorts of posters silly.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2991 on: June 22, 2013, 05:19:15 pm »
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #2992 on: June 22, 2013, 06:42:56 pm »

It's an article of faith.

Just like christian fundies say jesus is the answer.  What's the question?  Doesn't matter.  Jesus is the ANSWER!!!!

Like wise it's an article of faith by many among those opposed to gun control  that any attempt at curbing gun violence that isn't "MORE GUNS!" is gun confiscation.  The logic is inconsequential.  The facts are inconsequential.  IF it's gun control it must be about black booted thugs kicking down your door to take your guns.  It's an assumed part of any gun control debate for them.  Deny it and you must be either a fool or a lier, which means you can be safely ignored.

It also helps that they already have talking points against total confiscation.  So the straw man helps them ignore what anybody else is actually saying.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2993 on: June 22, 2013, 07:18:03 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Someone obviously never heard of an abortion.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #2994 on: June 22, 2013, 08:01:46 pm »
Continuing on the theme of Diane Feinstein calling Snowden a traitor, I wonder what the Teap Party thinks of some of the Wingnuts like Michelle Bachmann, Marc Theissen, and Peter King also calling him a traitor. Is it okay for them to do it because they're against gun control?

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2995 on: June 22, 2013, 09:37:47 pm »

The ethnicism is stiffling...as if a white father wouldn't be equally deadbeat!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2996 on: June 23, 2013, 12:11:52 am »

Umm are they talking about the whole NSA spying crap, because if I remember correctly, you can thank the Patriot Act for that, which became legal under Bush, but I forgot you rightwingers tend to forget that detail, right??
Also any business needs to thank the god damn community that they're part of, otherwise you won't have a fucking business to begin with.

Offline Potenatae Argyros

• Neonate
  • Sorry to pop in unannounced.
« Reply #2997 on: June 23, 2013, 01:35:04 am »

Umm are they talking about the whole NSA spying crap, because if I remember correctly, you can thank the Patriot Act for that, which became legal under Bush, but I forgot you rightwingers tend to forget that detail, right??
Also any business needs to thank the god damn community that they're part of, otherwise you won't have a fucking business to begin with.

Despite the pure wharrgarbl and more taking Obama quotes out of context (and butchering Star Wars), i kind of agree with him about Congress being a hive of scum and villainy, but not for the same reasons.
I came up with this signature all by myself.

Offline agentCDE

• Bishop
  • Slacker Heathen Extraordinaire!
« Reply #2998 on: June 23, 2013, 02:49:29 am »
...Darth Vader didn't build the death star. Grand Moff Tarkin did. Seriously, how could you miss that Tarkin was in absolute command on the Death Star? Even Vader himself deferred to him!

[/hugenerd]

Distind

« Reply #2999 on: June 23, 2013, 07:08:38 am »
Despite the pure wharrgarbl and more taking Obama quotes out of context (and butchering Star Wars), i kind of agree with him about Congress being a hive of scum and villainy, but not for the same reasons.
Scum sure, they aren't really effective enough to be worthy of villainy though. They'd have to do SOMETHING to pull that off.