Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1673484 times)

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #3855 on: October 29, 2013, 06:30:30 pm »
If those women have all the money now, they aren't going to be that bothered by guys not paying for stuff anymore.

I also find it bizarre that the the guy on the bottom left seems to be some kind of airport ground staff, when none of the panels even show a plane or any kind of airport setting.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #3856 on: October 29, 2013, 11:43:13 pm »
I like how they list 'marriage' as a special treatment for women when nearly all measures of stress and health say it's actually punitive for us and beneficial for them.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #3857 on: October 30, 2013, 04:57:36 am »
And how is there a, 'sanctity of Marriage,' if women are only getting it as a special privilage?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3858 on: October 30, 2013, 06:17:49 am »
And how is there a, 'sanctity of Marriage,' if women are only getting it as a special privilage?

Doublethink!
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3859 on: October 30, 2013, 12:53:17 pm »
"But but but...they get poked all the time by the magnificent, magical penis! It's a all-win for them married wimmins!"
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3860 on: October 30, 2013, 03:58:42 pm »
Actually I think the "real" reason is "Wimmen get to use menfolk's hard-earned money to spend on wimmenstuff without havin' ta earn tha money themselves"
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3861 on: November 15, 2013, 08:48:45 pm »
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 09:13:36 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3862 on: November 15, 2013, 09:42:03 pm »
Someone doesn't have TD.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3863 on: November 16, 2013, 12:21:09 am »
Someone doesn't have TD.

Touchdown?
Tiny Dick?

I don't get it, sorry.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3864 on: November 16, 2013, 01:29:04 am »
Someone doesn't have TD.

Touchdown?
Tiny Dick?

I don't get it, sorry.
Trigger Discipline.

She has her finger on the trigger of the pistol. Unless you are about to shoot the correct way is to keep the finger outside the trigger ring to prevent accidentally firing the gun.

Not that it would be such an issue with a toy gun (which I assume that one is) but when you have learned the firearm safety rules seeing stuff like that is a bit annoying. (And rage inducing when you see people break the rules with real guns.)

I really do assume that gun is a toy so it's not that serious. I mean if she's posing in a top like that I assume it's from a photoshoot of some sort or cosplay so no need for a real gun. Particularly since the gun would be ready to fire (you can see the red dot indicating that the safety is off and since the hammer has already been cocked the trigger pull is much lighter) if it were real.

But again, I'm just assuming that it's a toy gun so as long as she follows/learns the safety rules with real guns no harm done.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #3865 on: November 16, 2013, 01:29:37 am »
Someone doesn't have TD.

Touchdown?
Tiny Dick?

I don't get it, sorry.

Trigger Discipline.

Finger on trigger, safety off, hammer cocked...

...barrel right next to her face...

*edit*

I got ninja'd.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3866 on: November 16, 2013, 01:51:15 am »
Trigger discipline. The fact that it was my first problem with the picture is rather telling. It's a knee-jerk reaction, I admit.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3867 on: November 16, 2013, 01:58:44 am »
People were complaining about trigger discipline on Frogman's tumblr when he posted a picture of his mom (Frogmom) holding a toy gun that looks like the one Robocop has.

His response was: "She is scheduled to take my fake plastic firearms safety course next Tuesday. On Wednesday she will partake in my advanced rubber nunchucks course. And Thursday is Nerf warfare and tactics with special guest speaker, Leroy Patton. Great Grandson of famed military strategist General George Patton’s 2nd cousin, Murray Patton. 

I feel confident her fake weaponry education will be thorough and to your satisfaction."

And seriously, even thought TD and other firearm safety lessons are things I notice subconciously I can give some slack for people with toy guns. Unless they are cosplaying military characters and other who should really know TD. Then it's just poor acting.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3868 on: November 16, 2013, 02:27:39 am »
Well, there's an argument to be made that it's important even for toy guns.  Not because toy guns themselves are dangerous, but rather, it creates and more importantly encourages good habits.

Imagine seeing all of these military-looking people holding toy guns but maintaining trigger discipline.  People will subconsciously emulate that for any gun, real or fake, once they see it enough.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #3869 on: November 16, 2013, 02:33:28 am »
No one should expect racist gun nuts to be competent users of their weapons. Their guns are fetish items (part of a fear and power fantasy). The inherent situational aspects of their weapons are willfully ignored. Their improper usage of their weapons makes them a danger to themselves and others.

Well, there's an argument to be made that it's important even for toy guns.  Not because toy guns themselves are dangerous, but rather, it creates and more importantly encourages good habits.

Imagine seeing all of these military-looking people holding toy guns but maintaining trigger discipline.  People will subconsciously emulate that for any gun, real or fake, once they see it enough.
Finally someone who gets it! Those idiots create impressions that apply to gun owners as a broad category.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 02:37:45 am by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*