Author Topic: No Child Left Behind is strangling U.S. education  (Read 3629 times)

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
Re: No Child Left Behind is strangling U.S. education
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 08:56:12 pm »
How is it America can be so ruthlessly capitalistic and socially Darwinist that you are literally willing to boot-fuck the poor because if they can't compete they don't deserve any help but at the same time you will push every child down to the lowest common denominator to the point of lobotomizing your best and brightest so everyone can compete on an even footing?

Also, who was the fucking genius that thought that the schools with better scores need more money and the ones with poor scores less? You need resources to fix problem, resources cost money. That's the kind of equation my dog could understand.

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 10:33:21 pm »
Oh it gets more hilarious - even the schools who were getting top scores were about to start failing when 'I' left six years ago. Simply because they couldn't "improve" their test scores every year - namely because the school was getting almost the maximum score permitted. Thats' where it gets truly stupid - it's not just "high versus low" it's also a demand to improve each year. The whole thing is just truly a stupid piece of legislation that anybody with half a brain could see was utterly dogshit.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 10:41:31 pm »
And all I can think about is this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMsj6S36EN0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMsj6S36EN0</a>
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 02:14:46 am »
I must admit, the funds related to school performance is possibly the worst idea I have ever seen.

The saddest thing is, I cannot figure out a system that would actually fix education properly without it leading to corruption where the principle pockets the money and ends up shafting the kids. Even if you implement independent oversight it just means someone else must be bribed to get away with it all. It is sick.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 11:39:09 pm »
I am curious to how all the bullshit from the Bush Administration is still in effect when Bush is (thankfully) out of office...

Oh, our current House of Congress. Much of them pets of the Tea Party, unwilling to let them go because they liked George W. Bush. Nevermind.