Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1517174 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1260 on: November 06, 2012, 04:18:51 am »
I haven't played Skyrim since ME 3 came out.  Now I'm just waiting for Hitman in a couple of weeks.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1261 on: November 06, 2012, 04:31:56 am »
I'm just wondering if you can have your dragon mount attack shit.  Cause if so....that would be amazing.

Ironbite-just...amazing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1262 on: November 06, 2012, 05:05:06 am »
So when are we going to get the dragon armour DLC?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1263 on: November 06, 2012, 05:24:47 am »
So when are we going to get the dragon armour DLC?

I see what you did there.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Distind

« Reply #1264 on: November 06, 2012, 05:53:43 am »
I'm just wondering if you can have your dragon mount attack shit.  Cause if so....that would be amazing.

Ironbite-just...amazing.
I'm gonna laugh if I wind up shooting a bow and pegging the dragon in the back of the head.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1265 on: November 06, 2012, 08:56:08 pm »
I'm more excited about going back to Morrowind than riding a dragon...I want to see the devastation Red Mountain caused when it blew right the fuck up.

Oh SNAP!  I just watched the trailer again.  Did NOT catch that the first time.  Now I can't wait even more for this DLC!

EDIT:  Okay, I beat AC3 last night.  Not going to spoil anything, but that was a much darker game than any of the previous games.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 07:15:12 am by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Saturn500

« Reply #1266 on: November 08, 2012, 05:04:32 pm »
Sine Mora's coming out on Steam soon!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207040/

Being a shmup junkie, I pre-purchased it immediately.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1267 on: November 08, 2012, 11:55:32 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17iRUIE56Nc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17iRUIE56Nc</a>

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1268 on: November 10, 2012, 02:01:24 am »
After watching half of a Let's Play, I decided to give Dwarf Fortress a try. Hey, it's free, so why not? I've just got to find a tileset I like (In my opinion, ASCII graphics look like ass) and maybe a few anti-tedium mods (Dwarf Therapist, perhaps) and I'll see how I go. I'll probably be absolutely terrible at it, but what the hey.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 02:04:05 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #1269 on: November 10, 2012, 05:42:32 am »
After watching half of a Let's Play, I decided to give Dwarf Fortress a try. Hey, it's free, so why not? I've just got to find a tileset I like (In my opinion, ASCII graphics look like ass) and maybe a few anti-tedium mods (Dwarf Therapist, perhaps) and I'll see how I go. I'll probably be absolutely terrible at it, but what the hey.

Remember, losing is fun.

Advice for a beginner: avoid aquifers and areas with necromancers. Once you have food sorted, dig down for magma so you can smelt. Serrated glass disc traps are a good starter if you have sand.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1270 on: November 10, 2012, 07:37:31 am »
Advice for a beginner: avoid aquifers and areas with necromancers. Once you have food sorted, dig down for magma so you can smelt. Serrated glass disc traps are a good starter if you have sand.
Would it be advisable to use coke (or charcoal, if possible) as an alternative to magma for a short while? Just so I can build up a little before I go too deep and have to deal with the various cavern-dwelling nasties. From what I've seen, those require a functioning military to safely deal with.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:12:40 pm by Art Vandelay »

Distind

« Reply #1271 on: November 10, 2012, 08:57:48 am »
Lazynewbpack.

It's a godsend. Plus the tilesets ain't half bad.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #1272 on: November 11, 2012, 11:42:19 am »
Would it be advisable to use coke (or charcoal, if possible) as an alternative to magma for a short while? Just so I can build up a little before I go too deep and have to deal with the various cavern-dwelling nasties. From what I've seen, those require a functioning military to safely deal with.

Depends how much wood you have to hand, smelting eats through wood like mad. My advice to caverns is to seal them up if you breech them accidentally. Getting magma from the magma sea or lava tubes is safer.
Stone mugs are good to make for trade for booze and food.

Saturn500

« Reply #1273 on: November 11, 2012, 11:57:49 am »
A few more tips:

• Elves love it when you give them wooden things.
  • Once you've found some Adamantine, keep digging it, and if you find a sword stuck in the ground whilst doing so, pull it out.

(click to show/hide)

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #1274 on: November 11, 2012, 02:20:56 pm »
A few more tips:

• Elves love it when you give them wooden things.
  • Once you've found some Adamantine, keep digging it, and if you find a sword stuck in the ground whilst doing so, pull it out.

(click to show/hide)

Ah, hippies, candy canes and circus tents.