Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1513809 times)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1980 on: March 06, 2013, 08:32:36 pm »
Beat Crysis 3 today.  Despite some of my remarks about the AI being stupid, the game overall was pretty well done.  The ending was also easily one of the best video game endings I've witnessed in quite a while.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1981 on: March 07, 2013, 08:32:28 am »
ANy of you guys try this free game called Star Conflict? It's pretty tasty space fighter game.

Installed it yesterday and I'm still learning how it works.

It helps that it has many similarities to World of tanks so I'm not totally lost with the system. The graphics look nice even on my computer which is suprising.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #1982 on: March 07, 2013, 09:11:53 am »
ANy of you guys try this free game called Star Conflict? It's pretty tasty space fighter game.

Installed it yesterday and I'm still learning how it works.

It helps that it has many similarities to World of tanks so I'm not totally lost with the system. The graphics look nice even on my computer which is suprising.

Yeah, it's pretty well optimized. Rarely encounter noticeable lag at all. I mostly got into it quickly because it's a star fighter game that somehow uses a mouse to replicate a joystick in function. Since I'm fairly used to star fighter stuff, it was pretty to pick up. I'm MaterialDefender on there if you wanna fly a few missions together sometime.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1983 on: March 07, 2013, 09:18:05 am »
Is it wrong that when I play Hitman, and I'm playing the theater mission, whenever I 'accidentally' kill someone, whether by switching a prop gun with a real one, pushing them over railings or down stairs, or dropping things on their heads, I yell, "Macbeth!" each time?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #1984 on: March 08, 2013, 09:44:48 pm »
been busy playing the Voltz add-on for minecraft.   I crashed minecraft a few times due to my love of the anti-matter bombs..   Lets just say minecraft can not handle 100 of them going off at the same time.  the world before it crashed was full of craters that reached right to the bedrock..

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #1985 on: March 09, 2013, 04:37:45 am »
Is it wrong that when I play Hitman, and I'm playing the theater mission, whenever I 'accidentally' kill someone, whether by switching a prop gun with a real one, pushing them over railings or down stairs, or dropping things on their heads, I yell, "Macbeth!" each time?

I dunno, do you do it when you're alone?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #1986 on: March 09, 2013, 05:11:34 am »
My wife watched.  Okay, MY mind went to the gutter with that one!

Also, my idea to complete that mission is to switch the script with The King in Yellow and run.  Everyone goes nuts and kills each other.  No witnesses.

Silent Assassin Rating!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1987 on: March 11, 2013, 01:11:34 am »
I...won.  My brother and I beat Guild Wars 2, tonight.  Zhaitan dropped like a fucking pussy.

Today is a glorious day.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #1988 on: March 11, 2013, 07:23:00 am »
Also, my idea to complete that mission is to switch the script with The King in Yellow and run.  Everyone goes nuts and kills each other.  No witnesses.

Silent Assassin Rating!

I think my mind died a little there.  :)   :o

Although wouldn't switching the script just cause Haster to appear and kill everyone? Still has the same outcome, but slightly different way of getting there. And then Haster would be running around.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1989 on: March 11, 2013, 12:30:24 pm »
What's the SCP where the entire theater goes nuts and kills everyone who even witnesses the play?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1990 on: March 11, 2013, 02:15:54 pm »
About those Hitman comments:

You are hired to kill a target, silently and without raising suspicion. Bonus points if it looks like an accident or natural death.

Your ideal solution is, summon an elder God to devour the target, everyone around him and possibly entire Earth.

Sublety?

This reminds me of that Travolta movie where an assassin wants to make the death of one woman look like the work of a serial killer. Since there isn't a serial killer around at the time he starts a killing spree that goes on for days so that he can later kill this one target in a way that isn't suspicious...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #1991 on: March 11, 2013, 03:42:20 pm »
I think an elder god showing up and causing everyone to go mad and kill each other would throw all suspicion away from 47 (the title character of Hitman). 

As for the King in Yellow.  I thought the madness only occurs either when someone reads the play or is exposed to its performance. 

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1992 on: March 11, 2013, 08:59:27 pm »
What's the SCP where the entire theater goes nuts and kills everyone who even witnesses the play?
The Hanged King's Tragedy

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1993 on: March 12, 2013, 12:37:47 am »
That's the one.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1994 on: March 12, 2013, 12:43:18 am »
I love the new Mass Effect dlc.  More than once was I laughing out loud.

This is easily one of my favorite scenes.  Love the Star Wars reference.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuJcOrpuOHs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuJcOrpuOHs</a>
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter