Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1514258 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3675 on: November 13, 2013, 09:10:04 pm »
I'm just now poking my head into Deus Ex Human Revolution.

... Game is REALLY unforgiving on even normal difficulty.  I'm used to taking more than five or six straight shots before dying horribly.  Not getting offed multiple times in the damn INTRODUCTION.  seems like the game really favors stealth over a gunfight if you can help it.

It's possible to play it as an action-packed shooter if you play smart and have good aim. The best is a mixture of stealth and gunplay: shooting a few times and then sneaking to a new spot before you get rushed.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3676 on: November 13, 2013, 09:54:00 pm »
... I hadn't considered luring them like that.  huh.  I'll have to give that a go.  Thanks for the advice, Chi!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3677 on: November 13, 2013, 10:33:05 pm »
I had problems on tell me a story although at least on there non lethal was as good as lethal since damn they never woke up

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3678 on: November 13, 2013, 10:40:35 pm »
I had problems on tell me a story although at least on there non lethal was as good as lethal since damn they never woke up

They can be woken up by other NPCs. I discovered this the hard way when doing a non-lethal run and I found myself forced to sneak into the police station: the only way to keep any cops from being revived was to knock them out and promptly drag them into the ventilation system.

Not sure if I kept the picture I took of a dozen police officers stuffed inside a single air vent.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3679 on: November 14, 2013, 01:17:39 am »
Again playing on easy.  Still at least there non lethal way the best way.  I might buy directors cut to not have boss fights that have a 50 50 shot of being easy or hard

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3680 on: November 14, 2013, 01:38:57 am »
I don't see the point of any gunplay, IIRC there little if no reward for it.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3681 on: November 14, 2013, 09:24:00 pm »
You know, one of my biggest peeves is games and game mods that assume you have a scroll wheel.  There should be a way to auto-detect if someone has one or not and adjust accordingly.  I use a trackball because I can't stand mice, and the good trackballs (ie, the ones that don't look like they were designed by morons) never seem to have scroll wheels.  Is it so much to ask for a "Next Thing" and "Previous Thing" button like there have been in games for the past FOR-FUCKING-EVER?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #3682 on: November 15, 2013, 01:19:26 pm »

I think im going to get distracted playing Resident Evil: Revelations...

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3683 on: November 16, 2013, 03:22:00 pm »
Not sure if I kept the picture I took of a dozen police officers stuffed inside a single air vent.
Can I sig this?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3684 on: November 16, 2013, 09:03:55 pm »
Wow, playing Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, and...uh, spoilers ahead, tagged for obvious reasons because awesome plot is awesome.

(click to show/hide)

Rarely do I hate characters in games so much.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3685 on: November 16, 2013, 09:23:38 pm »
I consider Maven Black-briar to be the most evil being in all of Skyrim.

More evil than the Thalmor.

More evil than Ulfric Stormcloak.

And more evil than freaking Alduin the World Eater.

The only person who I hate more is someone I hate for more petty reasons.  Rolff Stonefist.  Who is racist enough to make Ulfric look like an elf-lover, and also happens to be essential for no good reason.  Oh, and his brother happens to be the one urging Ulfric to murder and/or humiliate the Jarl of Whiterun, also known as "The most level-headed person in Skyrim"
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3686 on: November 16, 2013, 09:52:14 pm »
Ah Maven I want that bitch dead so badly her and pretty much all of the thieves guild.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3687 on: November 16, 2013, 10:17:45 pm »
I actually like the Thieves Guild - they aren't goody-two-shoes like the previous couple of Thieves Guilds, but they're decidedly more heroic than even the Companions.

I mean, sure, you scare three people into being more faithful with their protection money payments, which is bad.  But then you remember that a bunch of the Companions' radiant quests involve you going to a random NPC, even one of your friends, and beating them to a pulp to teach them a lesson.

All of the other Companions' quests are being contracted to kill someone (which doesn't make them much different than the Dark Brotherhood) or doing selfish things for the questline (like finding pieces of that axe, and killing werewolf hunters).  I swear, the only reason people consider them heroes is that they're a bunch of muscle-bound bashers who perfectly fit the Ideal Nord Stereotype that the racist Nords of Skyrim so idolize.

On the other hand, the Thieves Guild will retrieve precious heirlooms from rival thief guilds that took it from the dead body of someone's loved one, steal back blueprints from bandits, etc, and their method of dealing with people who offend them isn't to kill them, but to either humiliate them, or frame them for the theft of something else.  That's evil but that's clever.  Thieves think with their heads more than the mages do, it seems.

"HURDUR BIG SHINY BALL BETTER BRING IT BACK"
"OH NO APOCALYPSE HAPPENED NUUU"
"We want you to solve this problem, but we aren't going to do shit about it.  You should feel honored that we even contacted you, mage."

The fact that Mercery Frey is voiced by the same guy who does Garrett helps.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3688 on: November 16, 2013, 10:33:18 pm »
Can I sig this?

Duh.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3689 on: November 16, 2013, 10:55:36 pm »
Anyone seen the survivor2299.com site? Along with the accompanying blog http://12072299.tumblr.com/ ?

Either it's a really dedicated hoaxer or it's a publicity campaign for the new Fallout game.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!