Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1513892 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3870 on: December 12, 2013, 08:36:04 pm »
When I'm feeling like this, I tend to watch other people play games instead of playing them myself.  I speak, of course, about watching Let's Plays.

To each his own.

The only LPer I watch is Tobuscus and I don't tend to like watching other people because I get so frustrated with how they do things. Not just with video games but also with computers in general (because mum was notorious for not doing things 'the right way') I prefer to do shit for myself.

Watch Alcheastbreach if you're into Fallout, Skyrim games.  He's funny and gets the review out of the way at the beginning so he can go on adventures.

Ironbite-the commentary usually stops when he has to interact with NPCs.

Not really interested. One LPer is enough for me. Thanks tho.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3871 on: December 12, 2013, 08:42:47 pm »
Bah!

On Fallout related news, beat Honest Hearts.  Might have gone overboard killing off the White Legs though.

Ironbite-welp...Back to Zion Canyon so I can finish getting all the Yao Guai I can.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3872 on: December 12, 2013, 08:47:25 pm »
I tried to update my mods for Fallout 3 and ended up somehow erasing my most recent save file. I rage quit after that because it put me back to level 5, when I had been level 9 and had finished the GNR quest.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3873 on: December 12, 2013, 09:09:55 pm »
I....love that quest.  Especially as I know now how to do it so I can get the best reward.

Ironbite-just head to Rivit City and then on to GNR.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3874 on: December 13, 2013, 05:25:23 am »
GOG finally let me 'buy' the 3 fallout games. Ahah.

&

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3875 on: December 13, 2013, 05:51:33 am »
I like europa universalis

Dont like crusader kings 2. Theres 50 billion things going on, plus all the names and heirs and titles and god fucking knows what else. This is not a game for people that suck with names
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3876 on: December 13, 2013, 06:10:34 am »
If all goes to plan, I shall have Assassin's Creed IV sometime tomorrow. If sailing around at breakneck speed is half as fun as it looks, then I'll be a very happy panda.

In sadder news, it seems GOG disabled gifting of (temporarily) free games. Understandable, since all the new traffic was absolutely ass raping their servers, but sad nevertheless. Still, I managed to snag seven gift copies of each Interplay Fallout game before the servers got obliterated, so between the games being removed from GOG and the vast majority of people only getting a single copy of each for themselves, there should be some rather nice trading opportunities for me sometime next year.

Scratch that, something wonderful has happened. Gifting free games is now a thing again. If anyone needs me, I'll be building up my ludicrously large collection of Fallout + Fallout 2 + Fallout Tactics pack gift codes.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 06:45:21 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #3877 on: December 13, 2013, 08:41:14 am »
I like europa universalis

Dont like crusader kings 2. Theres 50 billion things going on, plus all the names and heirs and titles and god fucking knows what else. This is not a game for people that suck with names

Don't forget lots of people named after relatives.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3878 on: December 13, 2013, 10:53:30 am »
I actually suffer from name facial issues.  Like I got in trouble with these two girls freshman year and I thought one was taking the same classes I was turns out I got their faces mixed up and she's a cool person

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3879 on: December 13, 2013, 04:14:36 pm »
After a fair break, I got back into Pokemon FireRed, and I have achieved my ultimate goal: I now have Mewtwo.

My only regret is that I can't use him against Team Rocket, since I kinda beat them into a bloody patch on the ground and emasculated their leader like a fucking BOSS.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #3880 on: December 14, 2013, 09:38:39 am »
Playing Fallout 1 for the first time. I'm terrible at these mid 90's RPG's, Just got out the vault and I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Radscorpions keep on fucking me up and I doubt I can just go straight to Vault 15 and get the chip.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3881 on: December 14, 2013, 09:40:24 am »
The best place to head is Shady Sands, since that's where most of the first quests are.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3882 on: December 14, 2013, 10:47:21 am »
The best place to head is Shady Sands, since that's where most of the first quests are.

It is directly between Vault 13 and 15 for that exact purpose. It is a place where the player gets their first touch with the postapocalyptic world.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #3883 on: December 14, 2013, 11:14:25 am »
Yeah I'm at Shady Sands, radscorpion quest is fucking me up. should I save it for later and find something else to do there?

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3884 on: December 14, 2013, 01:37:31 pm »
Well you could do what I did the first time I played and go around the map (note this is a bad Idea since you run a 40% chance of meeting Super Mutants who will royally fuck your shit up early on in the game.)