Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1518121 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #4485 on: June 10, 2014, 10:16:12 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjUtoQaRfE0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjUtoQaRfE0</a>

Mewtwo, kill them all.  Please.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #4486 on: June 10, 2014, 03:07:50 pm »
Finally started South Park: The Stick of Truth today. Its actually really, really good. Rude, crude, so damn funny, and it plays really well. Like the turn based fighting. And it looks and feels and sounds just like an episode of the TV show.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4487 on: June 10, 2014, 05:46:27 pm »
Trying Dead Island with a new rebalancing mod on the PC. Among other things, it makes both the player and the zombies more vulnerable, removes the money cost for crafting, and makes it impossible to repair items except through modifications (so you go through melee weapons faster) and makes them deteriorate faster. On the plus side, it also removes level requirements for weapons and removes the bullshit level scaling that the game does, so you legitimately become more powerful as you advance.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4488 on: June 11, 2014, 05:02:55 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ohFulrJKhI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ohFulrJKhI</a>

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #4489 on: June 11, 2014, 11:20:24 am »
Of the new additions to the SSB4 roster, I find the newest (Pac-Man) the strangest, but since Namco-Bandai is partially responsible for this new project, it makes sense in context.

This is weird to me, because there are a ton of people wanting the strangest third-party character suggestions ever. Why don't you guys just get Mugen- oh wait, that's because Mugen plays like Street Fighter/Fatal Fury/King of Fighters/whatever major 2D fighting game ever and not Super Smash Bros. platforming/fighting/beating the crap out of characters with things.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4490 on: June 11, 2014, 01:19:11 pm »
Starting out MWO under the moniker "The Knight of Dawn", mostly because of my long love affair with Mecha.

So what faction and weight class should I choose? I was thinking about Inner Sphere and a Light Mech, but I want to get input from you guys.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 01:21:28 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4491 on: June 11, 2014, 01:26:50 pm »
Seems like the Steam Summer Sale starts 19th June

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4492 on: June 11, 2014, 01:32:15 pm »
Starting out MWO under the moniker "The Knight of Dawn", mostly because of my long love affair with Mecha.

So what faction and weight class should I choose? I was thinking about Inner Sphere and a Light Mech, but I want to get input from you guys.

I don't know shit about factions, but I did watch some videos from a good, accomplished player who was basically trying to teach things to new players, and one thing I learned is that light mechs aren't for newbies to the game.  Their lack of armor is definitely offset by their speed, and you can do some interesting things with them, but they require great control to succeed.  Because if you get hit, you FEEL that lack of armor.

But hey, if you like a challenge and are already great at Mechwarrior games, I guess you can go ahead and go be a light mech.  Being a heavier mech does make it easier to start off with, though, and then you can buy a light mech later.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4493 on: June 11, 2014, 10:07:28 pm »
Seems like the Steam Summer Sale starts 19th June

*laughs maniacally in glee!*
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4494 on: June 12, 2014, 09:59:46 am »

I don't know shit about factions, but I did watch some videos from a good, accomplished player who was basically trying to teach things to new players, and one thing I learned is that light mechs aren't for newbies to the game.  Their lack of armor is definitely offset by their speed, and you can do some interesting things with them, but they require great control to succeed.  Because if you get hit, you FEEL that lack of armor.

But hey, if you like a challenge and are already great at Mechwarrior games, I guess you can go ahead and go be a light mech.  Being a heavier mech does make it easier to start off with, though, and then you can buy a light mech later.
Well, the Patcher refuses to work and it won't play. Son of a bitch.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #4495 on: June 13, 2014, 03:25:38 pm »
Lately I have been playing a lot of Torneko no Daibouken (aka "Taloon's Quest"), a spin-off game of Dragon Warrior IV. For those who love the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series and find the combat in those games more engaging than the main games, you will love Taloon's Quest. And the same developers (Chunsoft, whom have developed the main Dragon Quest/Warrior series as well) are involved in both.

But first-timers, beware: This game is unforgiving in difficulty. Because the Pokémon series' target audience are children, the difficulty of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series is dumbed down for younger players. Taloon's Quest will kick your ass in many more corners than later dungeons in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. Oh, and you also only play as Taloon, no allies.

Another thing to look out for; The English tranlation (unofficial, of course) is pretty messy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo5q4wjyfOk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo5q4wjyfOk</a>

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4496 on: June 13, 2014, 04:02:24 pm »
Pre-ordered The Wicher 3 on GOG! They gave me a code for one free copy of Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition. I already own the game, so I've got one free code if anybody wants it, first come first served.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4497 on: June 13, 2014, 04:17:32 pm »
Speaking of Gog, even with all three Sam & Max seasons on sale. it's still cheaper to buy the complete pack on Steam WITHOUT it being on sale.

Actually, for that matter, the gog versions are normally $10 more than the Steam versions.

(click to show/hide)

Unfortunately I cannot afford the complete pack right now, either.

Unfortunately for me, there was a sale on Gog a month ago where Sam & Max was less than $5 each season, but I missed it because, well, I didn't know about it x_x

Oh well, here's hoping Steam's summer sale includes Sam & Max.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4498 on: June 13, 2014, 04:52:52 pm »
Pre-ordered The Wicher 3 on GOG! They gave me a code for one free copy of Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition. I already own the game, so I've got one free code if anybody wants it, first come first served.

I'll take ya up on it, if you still got it to give.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #4499 on: June 13, 2014, 05:09:04 pm »
Probably should go pick up Vampire the Masquerade: Requiem (I enjoyed Bloodlines) and Ultima 7 (Reminds me of Tibia) from GOG then since both are 3 bucks.