Author Topic: The Values Voters Summit  (Read 865 times)

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
The Values Voters Summit
« on: October 12, 2013, 03:58:52 pm »
Well, today is the value's voters summit, and as I expected, there is plenty of wingnuttery to go around. The front page of Right Wing Watch is full of articles mostly dealing with some of the questionable claims of the speakers.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org

My favorite part is seeing a video of EW Jackson saying that America is the "greatest blessing given to mankind" aside from Jesus, only a few videos down from Jim Bob Duggar (of the reality show where they have a ridiculous number of kids, more than even an antebellum farm family would have) compare America to Nazi Germany during the Holocaust. End Times nutcase Joel Rosenburg made a similar statement (that God would bring his judgement down on America like he did Nazi Germany). They may compare America to Nazi Germany and say that it deserves to be destroyed by God, but it's Obama and liberals that hate America. Egregious displays of cognitive dissonance always makes my day.

The part where Rick Santorum claims that the contraception mandate is a descendent of the French Revolution is good one, too.

My other favorite parts: Gary Bauer temporarily forgot what year it was and took a shot at Sandra Fluke. Ben Carson claimed that ObamaCare was the worst thing to happen to America since slavery (which makes ObamaCare worse than Jim Crow, the Great Depression, lynching, the Vietnam War, the Iraq War, the War on Drugs, and racial profiling). Mike Lee claimed that conservatives haven't focused enough on family values. I can't even make fun of that one. Allen West called Obama a "spoiled brat" and claimed that that the lapse in death benefits to military families during the shutdown (which Obama signed a bill to restore yesterday, according to the Navy times) is "proof that we don't need the government." The mentality of partisan demagogues are truly a bewildering mystery beyond my comprehension.