Author Topic: Nice Can Be Annoying  (Read 6069 times)

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
Re: Nice Can Be Annoying
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 09:17:58 pm »
I agree with this. I admit I haven't been hit on a lot, but then In don't get out much and am so oblivious that when I am hit on, I probably don't even realize it. When I do notice I am reasonably flattered though.

The thing is though when I was looking for a boyfriend, I tried internet dating sites. while I got a fair number of hits from guys, many stopped all contact when they realized I was not going to put out for them without actually getting into a real long lasting relationship, and that is even excluding the people who sent me pictures of their penis by about the second message. (a phenomenon I still don't understand.)

I would like to state though that not all guys are like that, and I met a really great one who has stuck with me for 3 years already despite us not really having had sex (its complicated). However, I have found that the vast majority are pretty much our for sex, preferably as easily as possible.

Biological imperative coupled with societal pressures tend to make men... relatively sex obsessed. Most people are pretty intense. Women are otherwise pressured to be demure when public, though I've found many can be just as bad as men in private. To the point of wanting to cringe listening to them. I'm not a very strongly sexual person, outside of my relationship with my life partner, so it's easy to find it all cringe worthy.

The Penis thing? Men are attracted to boobies. They think women are attracted to erect penises. As a bisexual, I'd say a good ass shot or pec shot is worth a lot more, but you know. Most men don't know what women are attracted to since society is male tipped.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 10:32:22 pm »
Sometimes I get the urge to be really nice to the new person because they seem intelligent and I'd like them to stick around in whatever I'm part of, and that often time gets me accused of hitting on people.
So glad that's not just me.

Though I'm usually accused of hitting on a woman because I'll tend to talk to her a lot after meeting her. It's not my fault I tend to enjoy their company & conversation more than with other guys.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 02:12:29 am »
For a lot of (I would even say most) people, sexual attraction and romantic attraction are separate. One might be sexually attracted to someone, but could never stand being in a romantic relationship with them. This is why approaching a complete stranger just because they are attractive is a terrible idea. Also, to the person you're hitting on, it seems like you are only interested in them sexually and not romantically, as it's impossible to get a good idea of a person's personality or to get to know them well just by their physical appearance.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.