Author Topic: Pensacola Christian College...Remember the Saudi's Fire-Safety Rules?  (Read 2779 times)

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
Well, it turns out that in the good ol' USA there are christians who are just as far gone as those Saudi guys who made those women go back into a burning building because of their attire?

PCC's attitude:

One night during her convalescence there was a fire drill.  Cassie was still on the 5th floor of the dorm, even though the Residence Manager and the Dean’s office knew that she could barely walk let alone descend and re-climb stairs. Her roommates were literally forced to carry her. Of course PCC isn’t known for really caring much about fire safety anyway. For years the rule has remained on the books that all female students must be in “proper” attire before they leave their rooms for a fire drill. If you happen to be sleeping in pajama pants, you must take the time to put on a skirt before you try to escape the flames. If you should perish then at least you’ll know you died for the cause of not tempting the fire fighters to lust after you.

Finally, after trying to tough it out and even trying to go back to class, my future wife had taken all she could bear. She told the dean’s office that she was leaving and they cut up her ID card, the final act of withdrawing from the college.

Also from The Friendly Atheist.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
What horrid assholes.  At least these people aren't mainstream.
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
All it'll take is one student killed in a fire for this place to be shut down.

Ironbite-what assholes.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
I do find it awesome that she basically told them to "Take this school & SHOVE IT!", afterwards. You go, girl!

That said, those guys are pure stupid!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
Fuck that place.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
I...

Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Some random Homo sapiens

• Neonate
Some people are just a bunch of morons who are so stupid that you have to wonder how they managed to survive until now. Then, there are these people who are laughed at by the aforementioned ones because of their stupidity.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
I'm pretty sure having a policy like that in UK would be a violation of Health and Saftey laws and therefore would be illegal.

How are they allowed to have thise policy?

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
How are they allowed to have thise policy?

"My religion says..."

It's possible the restrictions would fail safety codes if anyone ever actually challenged them in court. However, someone with standing has to challenge them in court first. And since the people with standing would be people who chose to go to that college, they would know the policy and would be less likely to challenge it later.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg