Author Topic: Disney College Program Cast Member raped...  (Read 2785 times)

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
Disney College Program Cast Member raped...
« on: June 19, 2013, 09:20:52 pm »
...and nobody cared.

As I posted on Facebook:

You know, I once worked under the College Program, as did two of my friends on my list.

To read this and learn about this kind of bullshit that happened disgusts me to no end.

What SHOULD have happened was the rapist be prosecuted and tossed into prison (not jail, PRISON; yes, there IS a difference) and the two people who handled this woman's case be fired, at the very least. Not reassigned. Fired. As in, look for another line of work, because you SUCK at this!
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Disney College Program Cast Member raped...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 12:05:08 am »
All because she was drinking they decided it was all her fault.

Ironbite-amazing.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 12:48:27 am »
I really want to smack some of the people commenting on the article.

She was not raped, just gilted
False rape claims are worse than rape.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 01:30:13 am »
A some of the comments are disgusting, especially:

This girl was not raped.
She even told her friends that she had a good time.
She even wanted to be friends with him afterwards.
She only gets upset when she sees him at a party chatting and laughing with other girls.
Her feelings are hurt so she gets nasty.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

To the above, even if this guy makes a valid argument about how rape cases work in the legal system, his understanding of victims, along with the rest of the comments here, seems to be absolute shit.  Hell, even if it turns out that these guys are right and that this is a case of false accusation, this attitude towards victims and this "understanding" of how "victims should behave" is terrible, and doesn't change the fact that shit like this is what prevents legitimate rapes from being reported.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 02:22:31 am »
I recounted everything that happened that night while the counselor stayed silent and seemed at least mildly sympathetic. When I told her we had been drinking, her face changed from “concerned” to “you made a mistake.”  Still, I told her, I said "no" the entire time and he never listened.

The first thing she said to me was “Well, now you know not to be hanging around boys in the middle of the night. You know what they want.”

Take a few seconds and re-read that. Now let’s unpack it.

A certified counselor was insinuating that it was my fault that my coworker decided to rape me -- as if I should have known better than to interact with any man after dark. Not only that, but she was advising me to approach every interaction with a man as if he is a potential rapist, including every man that works at Disney World.  If I react to a man with anything less than hostility after sundown, whatever happens is my fault.

Holy lack of empathy batman! The counselor is an embarrassment to the field of psychology and needs to be decertified immediately.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 02:27:37 am »
Unfortunately, this happens a lot. A similar case happened with MGM and they managed to cover it up... For 65 years.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 02:36:33 am »
I recounted everything that happened that night while the counselor stayed silent and seemed at least mildly sympathetic. When I told her we had been drinking, her face changed from “concerned” to “you made a mistake.”  Still, I told her, I said "no" the entire time and he never listened.

The first thing she said to me was “Well, now you know not to be hanging around boys in the middle of the night. You know what they want.”

A certified counselor was insinuating that it was my fault that my coworker decided to rape me -- as if I should have known better than to interact with any man after dark. Not only that, but she was advising me to approach every interaction with a man as if he is a potential rapist, including every man that works at Disney World.  If I react to a man with anything less than hostility after sundown, whatever happens is my fault.

Holy lack of empathy batman! The counselor is an embarrassment to the field of psychology and needs to be decertified immediately.

Oh, you don't actually need a psychology degree in order to be a councilor.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 02:48:51 am »
Seems like there's a rash of fucked up shit going on lately, or maybe that's just me.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 04:15:23 am »
It does seem like there's been a lot of dreadful shit going on, lately, but two things you should remember; one, even all these are a small minority of the people, and two, there is probably no more going on than in the past, it's just reported now.

Mind you, not trying to excuse any of these people. The perpetrators are utter scum and should be treated as such. Just that this isn't a new phenomenon.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 01:30:44 pm »

Oh, you don't actually need a psychology degree in order to be a councilor.
I forgot, social workers.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 08:04:57 am »
I'm just going to say, Disney is clearly a bunch of fucknozzles, but I don't really know if the guy intended to rape her at all, or if he did hear her. If they were both hammered, yes, it is most certainly wrong if she's saying no, and I don't think it's that right to have sex with a hammered chick, but if he really was hammered, and she was hammered, and we weren't there, we can't truly say if she was even speaking understandably. Again, hammered. Drunk sex is still wrong, and rape is horrible, and I feel horrible for her, and Disney is, as said before, a bunch of fucknozzles, but I don't think this guy had any malicious intent at all, or even intended to rape her, thought he was raping her, thought it was ever rape, or thought she felt like it was. Now, if he was lying about being too drunk to remember, he's a douchewagon and all of that goes out the window. But, as she said, she just doesn't believe him. That's basically getting into "he said-she said" territory. Point is, fuck Disney.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.