Author Topic: GamerGate  (Read 140762 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: GamerGate
« Reply #825 on: November 20, 2014, 10:03:03 pm »
True true.  Can't be too careful these days.

Ironbite-wait what are we doing now?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #826 on: November 20, 2014, 10:10:40 pm »
Disputing the existence of rape culture thereby encouraging it's continued existence to go on unquestioned would be a good start!

Also downplaying the very real threats against female targets of gamergate, like in the very clip you showed!

So, because she questioned some of your talking points, that automatically makes her a traitor to her sex?  The fact is, these kinds of things have to be questioned.  As the Chinese say, "genuine gold fears no fire".

While I disagree with her opinions on rape culture, I think she has every right to hold them.  There needs to be legitimate dialogue on rape culture, not merely shouting down anybody who disagrees.

And I love how you refer to them as "targets", when GamerGate is trying to focus on more important things than dishonest ideologues and people who make shitty indie games.

But you like this sort of stuff Paragon, arguing about who has the worse individuals-because it detracts from the supreme amount of suck that Gamergate has as a movement and what it stands for.

That's what you've been trying to do since you started this thread!

Accusing a consumer revolt of being "full of suck".  How progressive of you.  GamerGate stands for ethics.  What's so objectionable about that?

And how "full of suck" is GamerGate?

We're so full of suck that we donated tens of thousands of dollars to help women make video games.

We're so full of suck that we exposed ideological bias in Wikipedia.

We're so full of suck that we police twitter for harassment from our own side.

We're so full of suck that we are completely willing to engage our opponents in legitimate dialogue.

We're so full of suck that an amazing amount of the media feels threatened by us.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:22:41 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #827 on: November 20, 2014, 10:19:54 pm »
So, because she questioned some of your talking points, that automatically makes her a traitor to her sex?  The fact is, these kinds of things have to be questioned.  As the Chinese say, "genuine gold fears no fire".

And I love how you refer to them as "targets", when GamerGate is trying to focus on more important things than dishonest ideologues and people who make shitty indie games.

Targets because they were targeted, quite literally.

AEI's Christina Hoff Sommers called rape culture a "panic where paranoia, censorship and false accusations flourish," saying "conspiracy feminists" have "persuaded many young women that what they might have dismissed as a foolish drunken hookup was actually a felony rape." False accusations are, in fact, not common at all.

You weren't really raped sweetie, it was those nasty gender feminists that put that silly idea in your head. I'm a feminist, I totally work for the interests of women, now clean out your snatch and don't drink so much booze!

Accusing a consumer revolt of being "full of suck".  How progressive of you.  GamerGate stands for ethics.  What's so objectionable about that?

Pigs arse they stand for "ethics", they have the same ethical worldview as a two year old. If they don't get what they want they have a tanty.

Gamergate are unethical-their operations aimed at making burner twitter accounts are evidence of that, they encourage others to be unethical. Misrepresenting themselves to fool companies into punishing their critics is evidence for that.

Gamergate isn't an ethical movement, it's a reactionary tantrum by a bunch of infants who are pissy that they'll have to share their playground with other people!

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #828 on: November 20, 2014, 10:37:42 pm »
You two hitting the same walls over and over again is quite hilarious.

Please continue.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #829 on: November 20, 2014, 10:45:43 pm »

Please continue.
Was there any point to saying this?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #830 on: November 20, 2014, 10:47:12 pm »

Targets because they were targeted, quite literally.

The operative word being "were".  And that was just some of GamerGate.

AEI's Christina Hoff Sommers called rape culture a "panic where paranoia, censorship and false accusations flourish," saying "conspiracy feminists" have "persuaded many young women that what they might have dismissed as a foolish drunken hookup was actually a felony rape." False accusations are, in fact, not common at all.

You weren't really raped sweetie, it was those nasty gender feminists that put that silly idea in your head. I'm a feminist, I totally work for the interests of women, now clean out your snatch and don't drink so much booze!

While I disagree with her "conspiracy" assertions, the fact is that false rape accusations do happen, often with devastating consequences.

And consent becomes very complicated when intoxication is involved.

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2014/09/false_rape_accusations_why_must_be_pretend_they_never_happen.html

Pigs arse they stand for "ethics", they have the same ethical worldview as a two year old. If they don't get what they want they have a tanty.

Gamergate are unethical-their operations aimed at making burner twitter accounts are evidence of that, they encourage others to be unethical. Misrepresenting themselves to fool companies into punishing their critics is evidence for that.

Gamergate isn't an ethical movement, it's a reactionary tantrum by a bunch of infants who are pissy that they'll have to share their playground with other people!

And you wanna talk about inclusivity?

(click to show/hide)

Please continue.

Why don't you put the whole world in a box, madman?    ;D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:06:49 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #831 on: November 20, 2014, 10:52:44 pm »

Please continue.
Tod and Bite should probably stop encouraging UP, he's clearly just gonna keep reminding you both that Actually, it's about ethics in video game journalism.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #832 on: November 20, 2014, 10:53:17 pm »

Please continue.
Tod and Bite should probably stop encouraging UP, he's clearly just gonna keep reminding you both that Actually, it's about ethics in video game journalism.

Because it is.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #833 on: November 20, 2014, 10:57:27 pm »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #834 on: November 20, 2014, 11:06:57 pm »
Because it is.

Right,

(click to show/hide)

Ethics!

It's so bloody ethical it's gone into self parody now.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #835 on: November 20, 2014, 11:11:30 pm »
Making burner twitter accounts are evidence of that, they encourage others to be unethical.

Misrepresenting themselves to fool companies into punishing their critics is evidence for that.

Citation goddamn given!

The burner accounts are done to prevent them from being traced, doxxed, and harassed.  Taking precautions is hardly "unethical".

And could you point me to the "misrepresentation"?  The document's thirty-five pages long.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #836 on: November 20, 2014, 11:16:40 pm »
Making burner twitter accounts are evidence of that, they encourage others to be unethical.

Misrepresenting themselves to fool companies into punishing their critics is evidence for that.

Citation goddamn given!

The burner accounts are done to prevent them from being traced, doxxed, and harassed.  Taking precautions is hardly "unethical".

And could you point me to the "misrepresentation"?  The document's thirty-five pages long.

Of course they are, that they make doxxing and harassing easier is merely coincidental!  ::)

It's on page four, in caps.

DO NOT TYPE “GAMERGATE” ANYWHERE IN YOUR EMAIL, USE GAMERGATE ONLY ON TWITLONGER TITLE.

It's almost as if they didn't want the company to know that they were representing a special interest group.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #837 on: November 20, 2014, 11:18:03 pm »
Because it is.

Right,

(click to show/hide)

Ethics!

It's so bloody ethical it's gone into self parody now.

Ah yes, because a GamerGater called him "based dad", that automatically means we all support him.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw6ndZNLYUA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw6ndZNLYUA</a>

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #838 on: November 20, 2014, 11:19:26 pm »
Of course you're all special snowflakes and the moment any one of you says something dumb you can insta-disown them.

That's how you can claim that GamerGate is nothing but sweetness and light and still keep a straight face.  ;D

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #839 on: November 20, 2014, 11:25:27 pm »

Citation goddamn given!

Of course they are, that they make doxxing and harassing easier is merely coincidental!  ::)

See what I mean?  You're always accusing us of having the worst possible motives.

It's on page four, in caps.

DO NOT TYPE “GAMERGATE” ANYWHERE IN YOUR EMAIL, USE GAMERGATE ONLY ON TWITLONGER TITLE.

It's almost as if they didn't want the company to know that they were representing a special interest group.

Actually, it's almost as if we didn't want to be pruned by bots.

Of course you're all special snowflakes and the moment any one of you says something dumb you can insta-disown them.

That's how you can claim that GamerGate is nothing but sweetness and light and still keep a straight face.  ;D

GamerGate is a diverse movement.  You can't tar us all with the same brush.