Author Topic: GamerGate  (Read 140759 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: GamerGate
« Reply #840 on: November 20, 2014, 11:33:39 pm »
Wonder why those doxxed by people using burner accounts aren't laughing along with Bender?

Yeah there's diversity in your movement, the ones who were openly trolling and harrassing from the start and the useful idiots who got suckered in with the bullshit "ethics" cover and now have too much hubris to just let it go!

Also bullshit, if you are too ashamed to mention the cause you represent by name then maybe there's something wrong with your cause.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:35:11 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #841 on: November 20, 2014, 11:38:33 pm »
Wonder why those doxxed by people using burner accounts aren't laughing along with Bender?

I don't know, ask CameraLady.  Or Steve Tom Sawyer.  Or other GamerGaters who were harassed for a "good cause".

Yeah there's diversity in your movement, the ones who were openly trolling and harrassing from the start and the useful idiots who got suckered in with the bullshit "ethics" cover and now have too much hubris to just let it go!

Thanks for dehumanizing us.

Also bullshit, if you are too ashamed to mention the cause you represent your cause by name then maybe there's something wrong with your cause.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #842 on: November 20, 2014, 11:51:00 pm »
Nah-persecution complexes and raging entitlement, all too human.

Also-wow  you've got Einstein and Orwell on your side?

Except really you don't-weren't you arguing with that little graph of yours that GamerGate was on the side of popularity?

Or are you an oppressed minority now-whichever is more convenient at any given moment I guess!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #843 on: November 20, 2014, 11:53:46 pm »
Nah-persecution complexes and raging entitlement, all too human.

Also-wow  you've got Einstein and Orwell on your side?

Except really you don't-weren't you arguing with that little graph of yours that GamerGate was on the side of popularity?

Or are you an oppressed minority now-whichever is more convenient at any given moment I guess!

No, I was merely saying that any PR problems were not our fault, and that we were not losing ground.  Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #844 on: November 20, 2014, 11:55:55 pm »
Who's "our"?

You'll disown any individual the moment they go south, so who the hell is this "our" you are talking about?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #845 on: November 20, 2014, 11:57:58 pm »
Who's "our"?

You'll disown any individual the moment they go south, so who the hell is this "our" you are talking about?

I mean GamerGate as a whole.

Also, I can't help but notice the fact that you said the opposition Anita got meant she was on to something, while the opposition GamerGate gets is used as evidence that we're wrong.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 12:12:28 am by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #846 on: November 20, 2014, 11:58:39 pm »
So apart from the 2011 game, harrasing a game developer and harrasing a critic. What has happened about ethics in gaming journalism. Obviously the last bastion of important journalism. Along with ethics in car magazine journalism and ethics in travel journalism.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #847 on: November 21, 2014, 12:01:33 am »
So apart from the 2011 game, harrasing a game developer and harrasing a critic. What has happened about ethics in gaming journalism. Obviously the last bastion of important journalism. Along with ethics in car magazine journalism and ethics in travel journalism.

Well, for one, we started our own website:

http://www.goodgamers.us/

We also caused Game Informer and IGN to update their ethics policies.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #848 on: November 21, 2014, 12:12:15 am »
A website was started on the internet, revolutionary!

You claim that gamergate "as a whole" which like Soylent Green is people isn't losing any PR battles. Aside from Christina spruiking for you on telly which PR battles have you won, specifically?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #849 on: November 21, 2014, 12:13:10 am »

You claim that gamergate "as a whole" which like Soylent Green is people isn't losing any PR battles. Aside from Christina spruiking for you on telly which PR battles have you won, specifically?

What about the advertisers leaving Gawker?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #850 on: November 21, 2014, 12:18:01 am »
Who's "our"?

Also, I can't help but notice the fact that you said the opposition Anita got meant she was on to something, while the opposition GamerGate gets is used as evidence that we're wrong.

Where and when?

Also it pays to keep in mind the type of opposition, not all opposition is equal. Opposition to Gamergate has been in the form of the media reporting on harassment, opposition to Anita has been in the form of discussions about Anita devolving into examples of Anita's Irony and discussion of feminism devolving into examples of more general examples of Lewis's Law.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #851 on: November 21, 2014, 12:19:20 am »

Your attempts to censor your critics are a PR victory?

Gawker is still up, if anything Gamergate made it more popular.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #852 on: November 21, 2014, 12:22:22 am »
Who's "our"?

Where and when?

Also it pays to keep in mind the type of opposition, not all opposition is equal. Opposition to Gamergate has been in the form of the media reporting on harassment, opposition to Anita has been in the form of discussions about Anita devolving into examples of Anita's Irony and discussion of feminism devolving into examples of more general examples of Lewis's Law.

Oh yes, because GamerGate has suffered nothing except the media waving its finger at us.

http://gamergateharassment.tumblr.com/

And I love how you try to excuse a double standard... with a double standard.  It could very easily be adapted into "comments on an article about GamerGate justify why we need GamerGate".

Your attempts to censor your critics are a PR victory?

Gawker is still up, if anything Gamergate made it more popular.

I can't believe you're cheering on a company that fails to pay its interns.

And we're not trying to "censor" them, we're just trying to make sure they face the consequences of their actions.

It's not easy going up against Gawker, but we're making some progress.  This, combined with the lawsuits they're facing from both their unpaid interns and Hulk Hogan, is going to deal them a serious blow.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 12:27:03 am by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #853 on: November 21, 2014, 12:26:35 am »
Didn't say I was cheering, just saying you hadn't knocked them down-complete non sequitur Mr I Love My Fallacies!

I can't help but notice the fact that you said the opposition Anita got meant she was on to something, while the opposition GamerGate gets is used as evidence that we're wrong.

Also, you claim I said something-you still haven't cited exactly what it was I said, care to enlighten me?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #854 on: November 21, 2014, 12:33:01 am »
Didn't say I was cheering, just saying you hadn't knocked them down-complete non sequitur Mr I Love My Fallacies!

Okay, that was my bad.  Sorry for misconstruing you.

I can't help but notice the fact that you said the opposition Anita got meant she was on to something, while the opposition GamerGate gets is used as evidence that we're wrong.

Also, you claim I said something-you still haven't cited exactly what it was I said, care to enlighten me?

Okay, I don't think it was you.  I must have gotten you confused with somebody else.  Sorry

However, in trying to debunk my argument, you embraced the double standard I accused you of, while simultaneously erasing victims of harassment within GamerGate.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEM7I5VSVjY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEM7I5VSVjY</a>