Author Topic: Shenanigans in presidential elections in Azerbaijan  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Shenanigans in presidential elections in Azerbaijan
« on: October 10, 2013, 02:47:35 am »
Azerbaijan is going to hold their presidential elections today but the excitement is slightly dimished due to some early SPOILERS!

That is to say the Central election committee accidentally revealed the results of the votes on their smartphone app before the voting had even begun. The fact that the election is a scam is not a suprise to anyone but this is still embarrassing to the goverment. Their initial claim was that they accidentally released the results from last elections, though the candidates are this years candidates, not the one's from 2008.*

But since they already had everything planned and confetti bought and so on, they went through with the motions anyway and after "counting the votes totally for realz this time" president Aliyev has been re-elected again.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/10/09/oops-azerbaijan-released-election-results-before-voting-had-even-started/

* I would have claimed that they were testing the system and the made up result accidentally went out. That would have been more believable since it could have had the current candidates.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Shenanigans in presidential elections in Azerbaijan
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 02:54:32 am »
Well shit this is actually pretty funny

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 11:39:28 am »
Sounds like the plot for a political parody sketch. I'm kinda worried since it is happening in real life though.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 03:43:08 pm »
I hope that happened because a disgusted aide deliberately "whoops-ied" it.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.