Author Topic: France threatens to recognize Palestine  (Read 22378 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: France threatens to recognize Palestine
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2016, 01:57:01 am »
UP, ya do know that there's just the teensiest, tiniest power differential between the Palestinians and the Israeli's?

Like, Israel is a modern western industrialized state and Palestine is it's shooting range.

As if that makes a difference.  And if Palestine was "Israel's shooting range," you'd expect far more casualties.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a difference between being a stable industrialised state and a series of bomb craters populated by desperate refugees, hostile Israeli settlers and breakaway factions who won't do what they're told. Kinda.

And...do you think the number of Palestinian casualties are insufficient? Not enough kids oven baked with white phosphorus yet or something?

Last told the ratio of Palestinians to Israeli's killed since 2000 was 8/1. Too small?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:59:49 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2016, 02:13:25 am »
UP, ya do know that there's just the teensiest, tiniest power differential between the Palestinians and the Israeli's?

Like, Israel is a modern western industrialized state and Palestine is it's shooting range.

As if that makes a difference.  And if Palestine was "Israel's shooting range," you'd expect far more casualties.

Can't round them up these days. Bad PR.

But Hamas has no problem rounding up and murdering dissidents within Gaza.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a difference between being a stable industrialised state and a series of bomb craters populated by desperate refugees, hostile Israeli settlers and breakaway factions who won't do what they're told. Kinda.

And...do you think the number of Palestinian casualties are insufficient? Not enough kids oven baked with white phosphorus yet or something?

Last told the ratio of Palestinians to Israeli's killed since 2000 was 8/1. Too small?

Many of those deaths can be attributed to Hamas' casual disregard for the lives of its own citizenry.

And wow, could you have possibly found a more biased source?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 02:15:07 am by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2016, 02:14:33 am »
And not to Israel's casual disregard for the lives of Palestinians, huh.

Even Then

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2016, 02:15:42 am »
power differences have no meaning anymore, employees saying "you're fired" to CEOs actually gets them fired now, cisphobia and heterophobia are real axes of oppression that deserve our attention

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2016, 02:20:21 am »

You're conveniently ignoring the fact that they warn Palestinian civilians to get out of harm's way.

power differences have no meaning anymore, employees saying "you're fired" to CEOs actually gets them fired now, cisphobia and heterophobia are real axes of oppression that deserve our attention

Al-Qaeda had box cutters.  America had stealth aircraft.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 02:23:19 am by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2016, 02:21:51 am »

That is, fighting a years long civil war with Israel-backed Fatah.

Many of those deaths can be attributed to Hamas' casual disregard for the lives of its own citizenry. [/quote]

You can also attribute the blame for many rapes to the victims, too.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2016, 02:22:22 am »

You're conveniently ignoring the fact that they warn Palestinian civilians to get out of harm's way.

They bomb the whole country, and warn the population to leave it. And stop them.

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2016, 02:23:46 am »

You mean the warning shots that occasionally kill people, yep. I guess if they weren't itty little bits after that they'd know it was a damn fine idea to get out of harms way.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2016, 02:32:23 am »

Gotta love that spin.  Why are you defending extrajudicial executions of suspected collaborators?

Many of those deaths can be attributed to Hamas' casual disregard for the lives of its own citizenry.

[/quote]

Did you seriously just compare my statement of objective fact to rape apologism?  I should have expected you couldn't debate this in good faith.

You mean the warning shots that occasionally kill people, yep. I guess if they weren't itty little bits after that they'd know it was a damn fine idea to get out of harms way.

Yeah, that's worthy of criticism.  But phone calls and leaflets don't kill people.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2016, 02:41:51 am »

Gotta love that spin.  Why are you defending extrajudicial executions of suspected collaborators?

Look, obviously it's bad and the people involved should be prosecuted. One more consequence of the Israeli occupation you support.

[/quote]

Did you seriously just compare my statement of objective fact to rape apologism?  I should have expected you couldn't debate this in good faith. [/quote]

It is indeed blaming the victim, yes. I shell your city, kill your citizens and blame you for not protecting them somehow.

Yeah, that's worthy of criticism.  But phone calls and leaflets don't kill people.
[/quote]

Shells, gunfire and blockades do, though.

-FDR

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2016, 02:49:23 am »
It's very simple. Israel is the only side responsible for continuing the conflict. It is also responsible for the vast majority of the misery within that conflict. This is accepted by everyone, from the UN to Amnesty.

Hamas, for decades, and Fatah for longer, has been willing to accept a long-term truce or even a peace deal based on the Green Line. Israel and the US has no interest of accepting any peace deal; why would they? What do they get out of it? Israel has long worked to undermine peace through their illegal construction of settlements in Palestine, an attempt to annex territory. The also try to ethnically cleanse East Jerusalem through denial of building permits.

-FDR

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2016, 09:12:12 am »

Look, obviously it's bad and the people involved should be prosecuted. One more consequence of the Israeli occupation you support.

Because it's Israel's fault Hamas brutalizes people who dare to criticize it.

Did you seriously just compare my statement of objective fact to rape apologism?  I should have expected you couldn't debate this in good faith.

It is indeed blaming the victim, yes. I shell your city, kill your citizens and blame you for not protecting them somehow.[/quote]

You talk as though Hamas doesn't have the resources to protect its citizens.  It does, it just chooses not to.  Gaza is honeycombed with underground structures, from the tunnels it uses for smuggling to the bomb shelters it uses to protect its fighters and leaders.

I sympathize with the people of Gaza, I really do.  And that's part of why I'm so angry at your support of Hamas.

Well, we are talking about the country that is doing an ethnic cleansing on Jews.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israel-gave-birth-control-to-ethiopian-jews-without-their-consent-8468800.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/eliseknutsen/2013/01/28/israel-foribly-injected-african-immigrant-women-with-birth-control/#44077d0d2880

The "wrong kind" of Jews that is.

Yeah, that's contemptible, and I'm not even going to try to defend it.  But it's also a red herring.  What does this have to do with the situation in Palestine?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2016, 09:57:43 am »
Oh, joy. We re-discovered a vastly more interesting and important topic to debate with UP about. Too bad it will be so difficult to keep it on an adult level.

Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.