Author Topic: Christian School teacher fired for our of wedlock pregnancy.  (Read 4290 times)

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
Re: Christian School teacher fired for our of wedlock pregnancy.
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 08:26:35 pm »
Con agenda
Make sure if you have to have a job or else you're fucked;  Check
make sure employers can fire you for BUll Shit reasons so you are always in fear of losing your job: Check
Call it freedom:  Check

That last part is the part that steams me most. They actually manage to twist the words enough to make it sound almost like they are actually talking about freedom to choose an employer. But the thing is, even in an employee’s market where there are more jobs than qualified applicants, the employer will still pretty much always get the final say.
-A Pen Name

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 02:36:14 am »
I would like to take this opportunity to say that the labour laws in America are possibly the worst in the western world. Labour laws in South Africa are little extreme and harm business, but its better than not protecting the employees against abuse. Personally I am amazed America does not have Chinese style sweat shops with the way business controls the government.

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 06:50:36 am »
Personally I am amazed America does not have Chinese style sweat shops with the way business controls the government.

So far there are a few things like minimum wage that seem to make it marginally cheaper to keep the sweatshops in China for the time being. Note that minimum wage is still no where near liveable.
-A Pen Name

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 09:23:06 am »
Personally I am amazed America does not have Chinese style sweat shops with the way business controls the government.

So far there are a few things like minimum wage that seem to make it marginally cheaper to keep the sweatshops in China for the time being. Note that minimum wage is still no where near liveable.

And people keep trying to lower or get rid of it.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 07:17:34 pm »

And people keep trying to lower or get rid of it.

Well, you know, it lowers your freedom to bargain for a lower wage. ::)

These people seriously only meen “freedom of the corporation” when they talk about “freedom”.
-A Pen Name