Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 273630 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #1185 on: March 14, 2018, 10:55:59 pm »
Are those seriously the best examples you have of inciting violence?

We've also done the is it ok to punch someone who advocates genocide dance before.

Some of those are almost as terrible as 'die cis scum'.

No, they were just examples I found on a casual jaunt. The fact that people have been banned for advocating nonviolence should be telling.

EDIT: Here's a mod calling killing capitalists a "moral duty":

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 11:21:19 pm by Lana Reverse »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1186 on: March 15, 2018, 09:06:43 am »
Silly Nazis, calls for violence are only allowed on left-wing subreddits!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1187 on: March 15, 2018, 10:30:50 am »
Silly Nazis, calls for violence are only allowed on left-wing subreddits!

You can copypasta me as much as you want, it doesn't change the fact that I've proved my point.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1188 on: March 15, 2018, 10:40:47 am »
The funny thing is that uncensored news, T_D and plenty of other racist right-wing subreddits have been spewing hatespeech and inciting violence for years on Reddit. They get taken down if/when they get on the news and otherwise ignored. You claim that left-wing subreddits can call for violence but I'm saying that calls for violence or rebellion on Reddit are ignored by the admins more often than not regardless of who is saying it.

In fact, one of the current memes on Reddit is "valuable discussion" which was used by Spez as defense for why he let's Neo-Nazis and other right-wingers spew hate and death threats on Reddit.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1189 on: March 15, 2018, 11:29:05 am »
The funny thing is that uncensored news, T_D and plenty of other racist right-wing subreddits have been spewing hatespeech and inciting violence for years on Reddit. They get taken down if/when they get on the news and otherwise ignored. You claim that left-wing subreddits can call for violence but I'm saying that calls for violence or rebellion on Reddit are ignored by the admins more often than not regardless of who is saying it.

In fact, one of the current memes on Reddit is "valuable discussion" which was used by Spez as defense for why he let's Neo-Nazis and other right-wingers spew hate and death threats on Reddit.

Well, uncensored news got banned, so I don't think that's a good example. T_D, however, still exists, so you may have a point there. My question is, do the mods on T_D approve of and encourage such conduct? Not just fail to remove it, but actively let it happen? Because if they do, then I withdraw my objection.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1190 on: March 15, 2018, 05:51:42 pm »
Uncensored news is a good example because this ban didn't come from nowhere and it wasn't immediate. You can get a pass with a lot of hate on Reddit as long as you don't violate a few special rules: a) Don't end up on news to make Reddit look bad. b) Delete posts if Admins ask you to.

That Uncensorednews survived as long as it did despite violating several rules of Reddit is a disgrace but the fact that there are people who actively reported racists posts helped give them notoriety and eventually Reddit admins gave them a warning which they ignored and they got banned.

If you report something awful that LSC does and they don't cut that shit out then maybe they too will get banned.

As for T_D, the mods pin racist posts, they encourage racism and hate and ban people who disagree. They then delete these posts after and only if the posts are linked elsewhere or someone reports them. There are months old death threats and racist posts on T_D that have thousands of upvotes and then disappear after someone takes a screencap and posts it to Againsthatesubreddits or similar group and T_D tries to cover their tracks. They pinned the "unite the right" rally advertisement on T_D and actively promoted it but soon after the terror attack during the rally they removed that post and have repeatedly claimed that they never supported the rally.

T_D mods brag about operating 60 separate accounts to fight "downvote wars" and complain about mods banning some of those accounts: https://www.reddit.com/r/AgainstHateSubreddits/comments/84o9s2/tder_and_rconspiracy_user_admits_to_operating/

They started spewing hate against Hawking the moment they got the news about his death: https://www.reddit.com/r/AgainstHateSubreddits/comments/84beyl/the_donald_praising_stephen_hawkings_death_this/ Also note how one of the comment lists racist subreddits and LSC is there because people who oppose racism don't just pick on the right, they oppose hate no matter where it comes from politically.

Racism on T_D: http://archive.is/QX5yY

Calling for deaths of police officers: http://archive.is/TgiUF

There are subreddits like Jewhate, Jewishworldorder, Millionshekelsurpreme and who knows how many subreddits that exist only to spread hate.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1191 on: March 15, 2018, 06:08:43 pm »
Isn't there a reddit for people who think their political opponents should be dropped out of helicopters?

Silly Nazis...

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1192 on: March 15, 2018, 07:16:09 pm »
Uncensored news is a good example because this ban didn't come from nowhere and it wasn't immediate. You can get a pass with a lot of hate on Reddit as long as you don't violate a few special rules: a) Don't end up on news to make Reddit look bad. b) Delete posts if Admins ask you to.

That Uncensorednews survived as long as it did despite violating several rules of Reddit is a disgrace but the fact that there are people who actively reported racists posts helped give them notoriety and eventually Reddit admins gave them a warning which they ignored and they got banned.

If you report something awful that LSC does and they don't cut that shit out then maybe they too will get banned.

As for T_D, the mods pin racist posts, they encourage racism and hate and ban people who disagree. They then delete these posts after and only if the posts are linked elsewhere or someone reports them. There are months old death threats and racist posts on T_D that have thousands of upvotes and then disappear after someone takes a screencap and posts it to Againsthatesubreddits or similar group and T_D tries to cover their tracks. They pinned the "unite the right" rally advertisement on T_D and actively promoted it but soon after the terror attack during the rally they removed that post and have repeatedly claimed that they never supported the rally.

T_D mods brag about operating 60 separate accounts to fight "downvote wars" and complain about mods banning some of those accounts: https://www.reddit.com/r/AgainstHateSubreddits/comments/84o9s2/tder_and_rconspiracy_user_admits_to_operating/

They started spewing hate against Hawking the moment they got the news about his death: https://www.reddit.com/r/AgainstHateSubreddits/comments/84beyl/the_donald_praising_stephen_hawkings_death_this/ Also note how one of the comment lists racist subreddits and LSC is there because people who oppose racism don't just pick on the right, they oppose hate no matter where it comes from politically.

Racism on T_D: http://archive.is/QX5yY

Calling for deaths of police officers: http://archive.is/TgiUF

There are subreddits like Jewhate, Jewishworldorder, Millionshekelsurpreme and who knows how many subreddits that exist only to spread hate.

Then I withdraw.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1193 on: March 15, 2018, 08:34:54 pm »
Your dad should have.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1194 on: March 15, 2018, 08:38:17 pm »
Your dad should have.
Oh come on. Everyone knows that doesn't work.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1195 on: March 15, 2018, 08:59:33 pm »
yeah but there are no contraceptively sound jokes to be made.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1196 on: March 15, 2018, 11:03:42 pm »
Your dad should have.

I wanted to make that joke but thought it was too mean.

Ironbite-good to know I was wrong

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1197 on: March 15, 2018, 11:08:52 pm »
yeah but there are no contraceptively sound jokes to be made.
I think that's a hard pill to swallow.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1198 on: March 15, 2018, 11:22:32 pm »
your mother should have swallowed.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1199 on: March 15, 2018, 11:27:57 pm »
She did, just not with her mouth.