Author Topic: Trans woman loses case to have her genitalia waxed  (Read 4087 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Trans woman loses case to have her genitalia waxed
« on: October 22, 2019, 10:50:20 pm »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/transgender-woman-human-rights-waxing-1.5330807

A transgender woman was refused service at over a dozen beauty salons and filed fifteen discrimination complaints in BC's Human Rights Tribunal.

The plaintiff, Jessica Yaniv, still has a penis and scrotum.

The tribunal found against Ms. Yaniv, holding that "human rights legislation does not require a service provider to wax a type of genitals they are not trained for and have not consented to wax." In addition, the tribunal also found against her on a number of other matters:

The ruling also found that Yaniv engaged in improper conduct by misleading the tribunal, by being untruthful, and by engaging in extortionate behaviour and scurrilous attacks.

It was also noted that she brought most of her 15 complaints against women described as "not white," while expressing racial animosity on social media and in her testimony.

The estheticians testified variously that they refused to wax Ms. Yaniv's genitals for religious reasons, personal safety concerns, and lack of training. An expert witness testified that waxing different types of genitalia requires different training, and an untrained person waxing a scrotum can cause serious harm to the client.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Trans woman loses case to have her genitalia waxed
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 11:01:56 pm »
That seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 03:22:45 pm »
I don't think I would want people waxing my genitalia if they're not trained for it in the first place.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 08:04:43 pm »
Yeah, I'm hoping to get a full body wax and I'm only going with places that specialize the right way. If people are not trained specifically for a gender, then it's best to not go with them. Otherwise, things can get rather Nip / Tuck.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 08:21:07 pm »
Mostly I'm wondering if any of the raving Tumblrina SJW types will see this and go on about how this is CIS PRIVILEGE!
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 05:26:54 am »
Actually all the trans voices that I have seen have been saying that this particular person is a racist asshole and that the community does not support behaviour like this.

But sure, keep talking about "tumblrinas" if that makes you feel better.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 10:37:56 am »
Actually all the trans voices that I have seen have been saying that this particular person is a racist asshole and that the community does not support behaviour like this.

But sure, keep talking about "tumblrinas" if that makes you feel better.

If nobody in the trans community is supporting this person, that's a good thing in my view. I just wouldn't have been surprised if there were some who did support her.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 04:43:42 pm »
I have literally never heard anyone speaking approvingly of her. This doesn't imply they don't exist, of course, but it's moderately suggestive.
Σא

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 10:37:25 pm »
Really seeming like a stereotypical Bernie Bro here, Dpareja.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2019, 01:29:07 am »

I said I wouldn't be surprised if there were. I'm very glad there aren't.

Also, come up with a new slur already.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2019, 02:25:49 am »

I said I wouldn't be surprised if there were. I'm very glad there aren't.

Also, come up with a new slur already.

Agreed on both counts.
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2019, 02:48:28 am »
Yaniv is racist and the BCHRT concluded she targeted immigrant women in particular in her complaints. She's also a pedophile.  and a sex pest, so fuck her.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2019, 05:32:44 am »
Yaniv is racist and the BCHRT concluded she targeted immigrant women in particular in her complaints. She's also a pedophile.  and a sex pest, so fuck her.

The pedophile bit I hadn't heard. Source?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2019, 10:44:28 pm »
So...you go with a whatabout to try and deflect away this. To make it less obvious you were trying to say something about those mean old "identity politics" obsessed Tumblr SJWs.

Still kinda funny that's the boogeyman you jumped right to.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2019, 11:15:03 pm »
So...you go with a whatabout to try and deflect away this. To make it less obvious you were trying to say something about those mean old "identity politics" obsessed Tumblr SJWs.

Still kinda funny that's the boogeyman you jumped right to.

Why are you making this a bigger deal than it needs to be?
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.