Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 857856 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #2940 on: January 08, 2014, 12:14:09 am »
I found out that there's not a warrant out for my arrest, so I'm celebrating with root beer floats and ME2. Also my mom says she's going to try calling me Will again, so more good news.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2941 on: January 08, 2014, 10:09:52 am »
I found out that there's not a warrant out for my arrest, so I'm celebrating with root beer floats and ME2. Also my mom says she's going to try calling me Will again, so more good news.

Wait, why would there be a warrant out for you arrest?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2942 on: January 08, 2014, 10:49:58 am »
See the Things that Annoy you thread.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2943 on: January 08, 2014, 11:06:38 am »

Do you mean the "My dad is kicking me out" part or the "My boss claimed that I stole shit and fired me" part?

Because neither of those is especially likely to result in Dodongo having a warrant for his arrest.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2944 on: January 08, 2014, 11:15:13 am »

Do you mean the "My dad is kicking me out" part or the "My boss claimed that I stole shit and fired me" part?

Because neither of those is especially likely to result in Dodongo having a warrant for his arrest.

As I recall, the boss had a mate in the police, so you can probably guess how that turned out.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2945 on: January 08, 2014, 11:34:18 am »

As I recall, the boss had a mate in the police, so you can probably guess how that turned out.

Getting a warrant is harder than it seems, even if you're friends with a cop. The officer who wishes to have the warrant made needs factual evidence that the specific individual committed the crime (even just matching a description isn't factual evidence, as they need to know that YOU did it, not someone who looks like you; even witnesses identifying the perp based on a photo wouldn't fly with just a single person), and must present it to a neutral judge for a signature.

Even if the warrant was made and Will was arrested and charged, the preliminary investigations would rapidly prove the charges to be false before any trial commenced. I'm willing to bet that there would be some rather harsh questions regarding exactly what caused a warrant to be filled out for the arrest of an innocent person with no evidence, especially if anything was exaggerated or outright falsified (as it would have to be in this case) to get Will booked. Even if the boss just wanted to have Will arrested to harass him, it would result in more trouble than it's worth afterward and could result in some actual legal troubles for the guy.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #2946 on: January 08, 2014, 11:55:57 am »
No, no, I thought I missed the date when I was supposed to call the courthouse and get my court date. The cop who gave me a citation said that if I didn't stay on top of things he'd gladly arrest me and let me spend a few nights in the county jail. I strongly suspect he said it just because he got a kick out of seeing me scared, but I didn't want to take any chances.
Long Live The Queen.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2947 on: January 08, 2014, 12:16:49 pm »
No, no, I thought I missed the date when I was supposed to call the courthouse and get my court date. The cop who gave me a citation said that if I didn't stay on top of things he'd gladly arrest me and let me spend a few nights in the county jail. I strongly suspect he said it just because he got a kick out of seeing me scared, but I didn't want to take any chances.

I don't think you can be arrested for not calling the courthouse for your court date. Especially since they can also provide the date even if you don't specifically contact them and request it.

Did you get a lawyer?

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #2948 on: January 08, 2014, 06:07:04 pm »
Working on it, the thing with my brother's FoaF didn't work out.  :(
Long Live The Queen.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #2949 on: January 08, 2014, 09:59:34 pm »
So my mum told me that we and my sister are going to Sydney in March to go to the Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras!  ;D
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2950 on: January 08, 2014, 10:28:50 pm »
So my mum told me that we and my sister are going to Sydney in March to go to the Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras!  ;D

Dude that's a win in my book. My parents wouldn't be caught dead around an LGBT event.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #2951 on: January 09, 2014, 12:14:45 am »

Dude that's a win in my book. My parents wouldn't be caught dead around an LGBT event.

Yeah...I can't believe how lucky I've been with my family and my friend. But I'm sad your parents wouldn't go to one...I hope they get better?
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2952 on: January 09, 2014, 10:46:17 am »

Yeah...I can't believe how lucky I've been with my family and my friend. But I'm sad your parents wouldn't go to one...I hope they get better?

Eh, their loss. I don't worry about them. I've said it before, but I have some of the best friends in the world, so I'm content. Just meant that as a "awesome news, dude"

ETA:
Got first semester grades today, I got a 3.6 for the semester, not including my legal writing grade (which will be factored in at the end of this semester).

For a hard curve of 3.0, a 3.6 is pretty respectable.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 10:50:26 am by QueenofHearts »

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2953 on: January 09, 2014, 11:51:51 am »

Eh, their loss. I don't worry about them. I've said it before, but I have some of the best friends in the world, so I'm content. Just meant that as a "awesome news, dude"

ETA:
Got first semester grades today, I got a 3.6 for the semester, not including my legal writing grade (which will be factored in at the end of this semester).

For a hard curve of 3.0, a 3.6 is pretty respectable.

Congratulations! That's better than I did in the entirety of high school.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2954 on: January 09, 2014, 08:44:46 pm »
Just got back from seeing The Desolation of Smaug.

(click to show/hide)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet